Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #3121
1 Bored Clerk
Mama, I'm goin fast!

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
I have the same iPhone case. It's pretty cool other than the proximity sensor not working worth a damn now! They're developing (developed) a holder for it but I don't think I would trust it to hold on a dirtbike.

Oh, just to keep the the post on topic...

I have a 500EXC and I put the HDB handguards on...what's up with the clutch lever? Nothing fits! I can't rotate my clutch lever! Aaaahhh! Seriously, though, it's a problem. A problem that is solved completely with the sicass racing multi-switch.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #3122
Nomad
High Speed Low Drag

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Bored Clerk View Post
I have the same iPhone case. It's pretty cool other than the proximity sensor not working worth a damn now! They're developing (developed) a holder for it but I don't think I would trust it to hold on a dirtbike.

Oh, just to keep the the post on topic...

I have a 500EXC and I put the HDB handguards on...what's up with the clutch lever? Nothing fits! I can't rotate my clutch lever! Aaaahhh! Seriously, though, it's a problem. A problem that is solved completely with the sicass racing multi-switch.

yeah! i was looking for that holder because i remember them posting pictures about it on kickstarter but i never could find it for sale anywhere. plus i think the only way to mount it would be on the bars and with cut down bars, i can't give up much real estate!

i like the ram mount phone holder though, it seems like it's gonna be able to handle the abuse.

Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #3123
Joby Rebel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmeoff View Post
[/IMG]

With new white plastics and Germany six days plus exhaust wrap
looks sick! I like the rim stickers. I wrapped my pipe too but used the black wrap.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #3124
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
yeah! i was looking for that holder because i remember them posting pictures about it on kickstarter but i never could find it for sale anywhere. plus i think the only way to mount it would be on the bars and with cut down bars, i can't give up much real estate!

i like the ram mount phone holder though, it seems like it's gonna be able to handle the abuse.
The ram mount will handle the abuse but i do not like the phone holders that RAM makes. I went with the Sure Grip holder and love it. I have got about a thousand miles with it, everything from high speed freeway runs, tight technical trails,jumps and high speed whooped out 100+mile desert loOps with some great hill climbs and this thing has held tight no problem and has an opening for the camera depending on what style of phone you have and protective cover.I have actual done a little video while i am riding just to check it out on the street) Its slim, light and holds tight with an easy release and easy access to all the buttons and ports. Very happy with the product and they have great customer service.I bought mine to fit the otter box cover for my phone, but used some sticky tape backed foam for the shorai battery to use for extra dampening. The normal slim case fits great with the padding and holds strong

http://www.slipgripcarmounts.com/

It does not look like much but holds very tight and releases easlily.

heres a picture of the slim switch and mountain engineering lever. you can see there is still some room left over. I will put out another pic once I put on my LHRB.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #3125
Joby Rebel
Adventurer

pics with the wrap.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #3126
Nomad
High Speed Low Drag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joby Rebel View Post

pics with the wrap.
hey joby what did you use to secure the wrap and did you get the silicone spray too?

Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #3127
Joby Rebel
Adventurer

I just used tie wire like you would do on grips, and no i didn't use the sealer spray. I might still put it on before spring just not sure the pros and cons just yet. I think it will dry fine without but I wonder if the spray would help keep the dirt out, water in. just not sure:) more pondering in order. what you think?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #3128
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joby Rebel View Post
I just used tie wire like you would do on grips, and no i didn't use the sealer spray. I might still put it on before spring just not sure the pros and cons just yet. I think it will dry fine without but I wonder if the spray would help keep the dirt out, water in. just not sure:) more pondering in order. what you think?
Do not use the spray I have used wrap on several bikes with the spray and without and the spray gives it a little more durability for road use,But it does not work well for the offroad use it makes the wrap brittle and the pounding it gets from debris kicked up from the frt wheel will eat it up much quicker than with out the spray. If you have a heat shield that covers it in that area where the pipe bends you would probably be ok but without it, the wrap will fail quickly. just make sure when you are done washing the bike you ride it a bit and get the ppe hot as to dry the wrap before any storage. I too use the safety wire rather than those expensive stainless zip ties that do not hold anything tight(there junk).
Old 01-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #3129
Joby Rebel
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
Do not use the spray I have used wrap on several bikes with the spray and without and the spray gives it a little more durability for road use,But it does not work well for the offroad use it makes the wrap brittle and the pounding it gets from debris kicked up from the frt wheel will eat it up much quicker than with out the spray. If you have a heat shield that covers it in that area where the pipe bends you would probably be ok but without it, the wrap will fail quickly.
Thanks for the insight:) No spray then
Old 01-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #3130
Nomad
High Speed Low Drag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
Do not use the spray I have used wrap on several bikes with the spray and without and the spray gives it a little more durability for road use,But it does not work well for the offroad use it makes the wrap brittle and the pounding it gets from debris kicked up from the frt wheel will eat it up much quicker than with out the spray. If you have a heat shield that covers it in that area where the pipe bends you would probably be ok but without it, the wrap will fail quickly. just make sure when you are done washing the bike you ride it a bit and get the ppe hot as to dry the wrap before any storage. I too use the safety wire rather than those expensive stainless zip ties that do not hold anything tight(there junk).
whew glad I held off on the silicone spray. thanks for the tip brotherman!

Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #3131
Atomic Wedgie
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVELKNIEVEL View Post
replace your headlight bulb it will cause fuse to trip the stock bulbs dont last long
I took the stock headlight off and replaced it with a Baja Designs Squadron...ended up having probs with the BD light so I took it off to get fixed. I haven't been running a headlight for the last couple of outings.

But what happens when you ride with the light off?? I cant remember if the stocker stays on all the time or not, the BD light is off or full power, no high or low beam.
Atomic Wedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #3132
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,756
The stock EXC light is on always. Easy to turn off, just pull the brown ground plug off the bulb holder.

The XCW light is switched, so no reason you can't turn it off.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #3133
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,499
Does anyone have the specs for the height and pull back (sweep) of the stock 2013 bars? I have given up up trying to mount traditional barkbusters to my go-to bars, shortened Pastrana FMX high. With the shortened bars, the hose from the clutch master cylinder is just too much in the way. God knows why KTM had to specify a straight run out of the reservoir. I am going to go with a HDB setup, and get some addition rise on the mounts so I can use the stock KTM bars. I need to pic up some height in the HDB mounts and I would like to compare the height difference between these two bars, because the Pastrana FMX in the 4th position is perfect.

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #3134
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave View Post
Does anyone have the specs for the height and pull back (sweep) of the stock 2013 bars?
Might find this chart helpful.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #3135
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 982
The 500 EXC is my next choice for a bike (although I'm happy with my FE450- I'd like to have more oil capacity and a long-range tank). Been looking on craigslist... why are all the used EXC's on the west coast? Seriously, there are a lot out west, and none on the east coast. Is there a reason for that?