ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #6811
Bigbugberg
Meatbucket Supreme
 
Bigbugberg's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Oddometer: 340
After a Wings exhaust install, I updated my FI map to match Beanys suggestion and have no stalling but also runs a little fat for my tastes. In TuneECU my F-L switch is set to 10,10,0,0,0,0,0,0 and the FTrim is 4%.

Conversely, the Akro and stock map F-L Switch is 20,35,39,39,39,39,39,39 and the FTrim is 0%.

Maybe the butterflys are closing (because of the F-L switch values) and choking the engine off???

Probably going to FTrim at 2% very soon.
Bigbugberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #6812
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,193
I just picked up a 2009 690R with 8800 miles.


It seems she was pretty much a street bike.
She already has a Safari tank and a custom Corbin seat. (Never knew they did custom) Very comfy.
I've already ordered in a FMF Q4.
Next on a long list of things to be resolved is the headlight.
What have you guys been doing about that POS BA20 bulb? I saw a note about a possible mod to put a H4 in there. Anybody know the details?
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger"
My2Wheels
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #6813
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega
 
The Letter J's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
I just picked up a 2009 690R with 8800 miles.


It seems she was pretty much a street bike.
She already has a Safari tank and a custom Corbin seat. (Never knew they did custom) Very comfy.
I've already ordered in a FMF Q4.
Next on a long list of things to be resolved is the headlight.
What have you guys been doing about that POS BA20 bulb? I saw a note about a possible mod to put a H4 in there. Anybody know the details?
Hey I know that bike... I'm pretty sure that was owned by a police officer in Santa Maria and was on consignment at Santa Barbara Motorsports?

As far as the appliance lightbulb, you can change the entire headlight to the much better 2008/2012 version and get not only an H4 bulb but a much better reflector that is DOT approved to boot. I opted to change to a 7" round light but the stock 08/12 light is actually pretty good and with a bulb upgrade is totally acceptable.

KTM part numbers for light to follow...

headlight housing: 76514001000

wiring harness (plugs right in): 76511079000

mask (orange): 7650800100004

brakeline guide: 76513025000

I believe the misc hardware from your existing light can be reused for adjustment screws, mounting, etc. This setup should come out to ~$150

At a similar pricepoint and light output you can get a Trailtech X2 that allows the hi/low beams to be on at the same time and the housing lends itself well to HID conversions: http://trailtech.net/ktm-x2-ds-halogen-kits.html this light is also a straight plug in to your 690

The Letter J screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 08:33 PM
The Letter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #6814
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,193
Yup that the bike. That PO took really nice care of the bike. Lots of stuff done. Much more to do. Along with the headlight is to raise the suspension back up and put heavy springs on for my Fat Arse.
Hmm replace the headlight assembly. Maybe so as the final product. I would like to use the existing for now. Spend my money on the other dirt stuff needed.
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger"
My2Wheels
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #6815
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Hey I know that bike... I'm pretty sure that was owned by a police officer in Santa Maria and was on consignment at Santa Barbara Motorsports?

As far as the appliance lightbulb, you can change the entire headlight to the much better 2008/2012 version and get not only an H4 bulb but a much better reflector that is DOT approved to boot. I opted to change to a 7" round light but the stock 08/12 light is actually pretty good and with a bulb upgrade is totally acceptable.

KTM part numbers for light to follow...

headlight housing: 76514001000

wiring harness (plugs right in): 76511079000

mask (orange): 7650800100004

brakeline guide: 76513025000

I believe the misc hardware from your existing light can be reused for adjustment screws, mounting, etc. This setup should come out to ~$150

At a similar pricepoint and light output you can get a Trailtech X2 that allows the hi/low beams to be on at the same time and the housing lends itself well to HID conversions: http://trailtech.net/ktm-x2-ds-halogen-kits.html this light is also a straight plug in to your 690
Thank you.

I don't think much of the TT X2. I had one that I was going to put on my 525. Not nearly as much light as the standard Baja Designs rectangle headlight. I'm not sure I could go so far as to put one of those on my new Ginger. Been considering the big 7 or 8 inch units as well. Is yours hi/lo?
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger"
My2Wheels
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #6816
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
Thank you.

I don't think much of the TT X2. I had one that I was going to put on my 525. Not nearly as much light as the standard Baja Designs rectangle headlight. I'm not sure I could go so far as to put one of those on my new Ginger. Been considering the big 7 or 8 inch units as well. Is yours hi/lo?
I have an H-4 690 light and a HID 690 light That will fit in that mask
I also have a Leo Vance rear pipe section and a Scotts Stablizer tower and a Tourtech bash plate and Disc shark fin.
I will sell you send me a PM
Welcome to the 690 club
__________________
2015 support: Multitool,GPS IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2, Helmets,
100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #6817
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,193
Anybody got some heavy FF springs sitting around? 90 or 100 rear and maybe 60 for the front.

Yes, I plan on getting the new spring collar before installing that rear.
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger"
My2Wheels
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #6818
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 2,040
I have a complete set of Trail tricks reworked forks I may trade+$
__________________
2015 support: Multitool,GPS IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2, Helmets,
100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #6819
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,193
Mark, You are killing me.
Send me a PM with your complete list of available 690 stuff. Should only take a page or two.
Did you get my txt?
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger"
My2Wheels
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #6820
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,193
Could somebody with a 2009 or 2010 R please give me a length in mm on the sidestand? The PO apparently cut or replaced this one when he lowered the bike. I'll be raising it back up to full height. 2008 & 2012 shows 295 mm. I expect 09 & 10 would be longer some. The microfiche don't show for the 09.
I might do an adjustable style like I did on the 950.
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger"
My2Wheels
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #6821
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 2,040
I have a 08 side stand I am not going to use.
Lets trade!
__________________
2015 support: Multitool,GPS IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2, Helmets,
100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #6822
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend
 
Sutherngintelmen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: ATL
Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
I might do an adjustable style like I did on the 950.
Pic of your design?
__________________
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #6823
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
Pic of your design?
I pretty much copied this design.


From this thread. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560956

I personally used smaller bolt/nuts and a big round washer for a big foot. I also ground off the bolt head at an angle.
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger"
My2Wheels
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #6824
Oldbear
Don't want a pickle
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Fin Land
Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
Could somebody with a 2009 or 2010 R please give me a length in mm on the sidestand? The PO apparently cut or replaced this one when he lowered the bike. I'll be raising it back up to full height. 2008 & 2012 shows 295 mm. I expect 09 & 10 would be longer some. The microfiche don't show for the 09.
I might do an adjustable style like I did on the 950.
It should be 306 mm on the R model. Regular Enduro (and 2012 Enduro R) has a 295 mm one and SMC R 275 mm.
Oldbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #6825
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend
 
Sutherngintelmen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: ATL
Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
Thanks .

E stand with SM wheels is straight up and down.
__________________
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015