Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #361
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
Sorry, I don't follow statistics and I have not desire to go over to the Robby Gordon leg humping forums (too many Kool-aid drinkers). Anything written about Robby Gordon or his team needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Robby is prolly better at self-promotion than he is at driving. Few on Robby's planet would know anything about Dakar until Robby started racing it. Just wait until a couple of cars in the top 10 DNF, you'll get a press release how Robby fights his way into the TOP 10!!!! Spin, spin, spin.
Well, there are plenty of Robby type people on this forum that get the perpetual leg hump, some of them are Dakar riders. So what really is your point about spin, it's our world now. Did you expect to sway opinion or was it more about feeding your own ego? A guy that raced the MX1K last year was talking about his class win. After doing some research, I realized that the class only had two riders in it Spin?, Truth?, Other?

He's there and you're sitting in front of a computer in your underwear, just another nobody with a bitter attitude
Old 01-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #362
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 1,021
Ooops, looks like its now bye-bye
http://www.planetrobby.com/video/stage-4-roll-over
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #363
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,869
I think the long version (where you see the coolant leaking out) was on vimeo perhaps. feck.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #364
B1KSOLO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
I think he is just cranky in general, ain't nothing wrong with that because he seems to know his shit.
I'm with you Vx, S/B is OK, his knowledge of off road racing is huge but his internet deliveries could use a little polish
I think he be fun to have a beer or 6 with him in Baja, bull shitting around the camp fire for a few hours.
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #365
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
Ooops, looks like its now bye-bye
http://www.planetrobby.com/video/stage-4-roll-over
You just got to love how a video of Robby, from inside Robby's car can't be shown because he doesn't have the Right to show it on HIS own website by the ASO....
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #366
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,458
i am so phuquing done w/all these sporting organizations and their control. hell, they're even in congress now.... WADA gets to rule on lance, and everybody else.... maybe the WADA will look into the Dakar next....
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #367
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Oddometer: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Goat View Post
I think the long version (where you see the coolant leaking out) was on vimeo perhaps. feck.

I think this might be what you're looking for.

2013 Team SPEED Dakar Stage 4 from PlanetRobby on Vimeo.
">

MsLizVt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #368
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Thanks man, that's it. Saved it in my likes.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #369
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Oddometer: 1,555
Just curious ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Goat View Post
Thanks man, that's it. Saved it in my likes.

Misery Goat, Hi!

You're welcome!

So my question is, was the anti-freeze leaking from the heater/defroster, or could it have been the radiator that cracked from the nose drop into the sand, and the anti-freeze was running down the outside of the heater lines?

Thoughts?

Liz

MsLizVt screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 08:18 PM
MsLizVt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #370
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,090
I thought it was the Starbucks lite pumpkin spice w/cream

shows what I know

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #371
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post

Misery Goat, Hi!

You're welcome!

So my question is, was the anti-freeze leaking from the heater/defroster, or could it have been the radiator that cracked from the nose drop into the sand, and the anti-freeze was running down the outside of the heater lines?

Thoughts?

Liz
My guess is the radiator, mostly b/c i heard them talking about repairing the radiators in the bivouac.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #372
hilslamer
2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesupreme View Post
i am so phuquing done w/all these sporting organizations and their control. hell, they're even in congress now.... WADA gets to rule on lance, and everybody else.... maybe the WADA will look into the Dakar next....
I think if you do some research, WADA showed up to the AMA Supercross(Back when they ran it) and tested all the riders over two events, and found nothing. Zero. Nada. So, they gave up on that realm because there is no cheating there, in any form they recognized at the time anyway...seems like they would find the same in Dakar, or any other non-mainstream motorsport at the professional level. At least, IME. There is no getting stoned, tweaking for the duration of the event, or getting all 'roided out to win your class in the Dakar; you do it on so many levels that the human body could not need any compromises and the event is long and intense enough that no drug or cocktail could maintain it's effectiveness without other issues for that long.

That said, WADA is clearly a business and not an enforcement organization, so letting someone get away with it and then choosing a scapegoat makes them look all the better. Like any other "enforcement" organization, the casualties have to justify their existence, so there is a functional level of whatever goes on that they become the modulator of, not the eliminator of.
hilslamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #373
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
Ha Ha...You said Cockpit
that is funny
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #374
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post
I think this might be what you're looking for.

Thanks Liz
tyring to catch up on all things
L8R
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #375
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilslamer View Post
I think if you do some research, WADA showed up to the AMA Supercross(Back when they ran it) and tested all the riders over two events, and found nothing. Zero. Nada. So, they gave up on that realm because there is no cheating there, in any form they recognized at the time anyway...seems like they would find the same in Dakar, or any other non-mainstream motorsport at the professional level. At least, IME. There is no getting stoned, tweaking for the duration of the event, or getting all 'roided out to win your class in the Dakar; you do it on so many levels that the human body could not need any compromises and the event is long and intense enough that no drug or cocktail could maintain it's effectiveness without other issues for that long.

That said, WADA is clearly a business and not an enforcement organization, so letting someone get away with it and then choosing a scapegoat makes them look all the better. Like any other "enforcement" organization, the casualties have to justify their existence, so there is a functional level of whatever goes on that they become the modulator of, not the eliminator of.
if the WADA is just a bizness, who cares what they think?... they're talking about $$$ penalties in court, which i really don't understand. i really don't give 2 shizzits about what Ford thinks, you dig?... one of the bike riders they keep talking about his spinal compression, and he's riding w/a metric buttload of painkillers onboard, what's the WADA got to say about that?... they were showing one of the riders w/a handfull of something to combat the altitude problems, where's the WADA?....

i just got a real problem w/the WADA and how they've finagled their way into these sporting organizations.... i would really hate to see them in an event like the Dakar, so don't get me wrong... it's a total sham what they've done to lance, but that whole drug thing in the TDF is a sham too, just don't spell anybody's name wrong for the publicity, you dig?.... you don't hear about the WADA and the NFL now, do you? they go there, and probably somebody's gonna be sleepin' w/the fishes.....
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote