ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #121
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDad View Post
Just watched the local news. Says 30 degrees for the high, not including the wind chill, for the weekend.

Oh, yea I saw you just south of Cuba hauling your husky back up to CO, two sundays ago on 550. I was going
to give you the bird, but I was in a hurry to get home.
Ha nice, yeah maybe next weekend it'll be warmer....

You're just jealous I had a bike in the back

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #122
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDad View Post
I eat chili everyday!! Either Green or Red. I could not even think about having eggs without any type of Chile.
My Grandfather sold Chile. Lots of Chile.

Nothing like a bowl of home made green chile stew when the weather is cold like now.
Now the tortillas, I am not good at. I miss my grandmothers homemade tortillas.

Heck in Abq. you guys can buy Frontier tortillas and Durans red chili, I always have red in powder and green frozen at my house....but a true chili guru can make 2 dishes that, frankly normally I don't like very much, posole and green chili stew, it seems those two dishes are awesome or blah.
Gosh, I want some huevos from that pharmacy downtown.
mylsmkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #123
DirtDad
Green Chile Guru

Oddometer: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylsmkj View Post
Heck in Abq. you guys can buy Frontier tortillas and Durans red chili, I always have red in powder and green frozen at my house....but a true chili guru can make 2 dishes that, frankly normally I don't like very much, posole and green chili stew, it seems those two dishes are awesome or blah.
Gosh, I want some huevos from that pharmacy downtown.

Ahhh, you have been schooled I see. Yes, Durans huevos rancheros are very good, and so are there tortilla's.
Duran's fire station, on menaul has one of the best green chile burgers I have had. It is owned by the son
of the owner of Duran's Pharmacy.

I make pretty good red too.
DirtDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #124
DirtDad
Green Chile Guru

Oddometer: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Ha nice, yeah maybe next weekend it'll be warmer....

You're just jealous I had a bike in the back
Next weekend looks really good as far as temps go. I am good for Sunday.

And yes I am always jealous of people with dirt bikes in the back of the truck. Nice gasser by the way.
DirtDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #125
Dozer Dillon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
We are coming down next Thursday the 24th. Ride Buckman Thursday afternoon. We are staying off Alameda & I-25 all 3 nights in Albq. We'll ride Rio Rancho Friday or Saturday and Espanola Friday or Saturday. If anyone wants to hook up or has some good riding in the Albq. area, let us know. My riding buddy did lvie in Albq. for years and knows some of the areas if you mention them by name.
Blue Ribbon
COHVCO
Dozer Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #126
Ditch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
"My riding buddy did lvie in Albq. for years and knows some of the areas if you mention them by name."

TD's Show Club
Fantasy World
etc.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #127
TaterHarry
Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer Dillon View Post
We are coming down next Thursday the 24th. Ride Buckman Thursday afternoon. We are staying off Alameda & I-25 all 3 nights in Albq. We'll ride Rio Rancho Friday or Saturday and Espanola Friday or Saturday. If anyone wants to hook up or has some good riding in the Albq. area, let us know. My riding buddy did lvie in Albq. for years and knows some of the areas if you mention them by name.
You might want to rethink that planned stop at Buckman (I live very close by). It's going to be snow, ice, mud, and combinations thereof on the trails out there. It's been too cold for a good thaw/melt, so all the north facing slopes will probably still be quite unpleasant to ride on. Same goes for Espanola/Alcalde.
TaterHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #128
Dozer Dillon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHarry View Post
You might want to rethink that planned stop at Buckman (I live very close by). It's going to be snow, ice, mud, and combinations thereof on the trails out there. It's been too cold for a good thaw/melt, so all the north facing slopes will probably still be quite unpleasant to ride on. Same goes for Espanola/Alcalde.

TaterHarry,

Thanks, will make a decision next week when we get down there. It looks as if temps are going to be in the 40's the rest of this week and next. Hopefully you get a little melting and drying up. I'll check with you next Wednesday.
Blue Ribbon
COHVCO
Dozer Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #129
papa_j
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Southern on Saturday?

Anyone up for showing a slow guy around the southern area on saturday? I was trying to make a ride with DirtDad on sunday but couldn't fit it into the schedule. Will anyone be riding the southern area around Albuquerque on Saturday? Say noon?
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #130
thump_co OP
..ouch

Oddometer: 2,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer Dillon View Post
At this point I'm a tentative "in" with Matt (if we don't go to TX instead).

If so, I could probably remember just enough to get us lost in the good stuff at either Southern or Rainbow..

AMA | COHVCO | Stay The Trail | BRC | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #131
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,592
We're headed out sun, can't make sat. It should be really nice conditions, high of 50 and we had some snow earlier in the week. Its been warm enough to melt but I doubt its dried out. Some of the best dez happens in the middle of the winter

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ... Holy Shit, what a ride!"
Canyonlands Adventure Ride 2013 / 700 Miles of Scenic Utah Backcountry / VIDEOS
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #132
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
Anyone up for showing a slow guy around the southern area on saturday? I was trying to make a ride with DirtDad on sunday but couldn't fit it into the schedule. Will anyone be riding the southern area around Albuquerque on Saturday? Say noon?
Heeeeeeyyyyy Juuuuddeeeeee.

What sort of jetting are you running?

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #133
hook0924
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Southern on Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
We're headed out sun, can't make sat. It should be really nice conditions, high of 50 and we had some snow earlier in the week. Its been warm enough to melt but I doubt its dried out. Some of the best dez happens in the middle of the winter
What time are you going to be out there, so I know to watch for flying KTM's.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #134
papa_j
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Heeeeeeyyyyy Juuuuddeeeeee.

What sort of jetting are you running?
Main 165
Pilot 38 (i think)
N8RJ at clip position 2 or 3
Opti-2 at 100:1
Nitrous oxide *
acetone *
head milled for squish of 1.5 *
ported and polished *

But, and not the thread jack, I am waiting to see what happens with the APT smart carb.

* Those are all lies but I wanted to seem like a cool kid. I actually don't have any idea what any of that means but I read it on the internet. Those are my real jetting settings. Doug wants to change the slide for more umph when the throttle is cracked open.

Anyone for Saturday?
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #135
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
Main 165
Pilot 38 (i think)
N8RJ at clip position 2 or 3
Opti-2 at 100:1
Nitrous oxide *
acetone *
head milled for squish of 1.5 *
ported and polished *

But, and not the thread jack, I am waiting to see what happens with the APT smart carb.

* Those are all lies but I wanted to seem like a cool kid. I actually don't have any idea what any of that means but I read it on the internet. Those are my real jetting settings. Doug wants to change the slide for more umph when the throttle is cracked open.

Anyone for Saturday?
thanks, mine was running rich at pinon mesa when it was about no degrees out, but I'm guessing it'll be okay for ABQ at 50*. I'm bringing a handful of jets in case.

edit to bring back on topic : i'll be in ABQ this weekend but i'm not sure what my dirt scootin schedule will look like, if at all.