Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
TuonoBiker OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
New FARKLE's!!

Hi guys,

I bought my 2012 GS/A this past August and was only able to get 2735 miles on her before the weather got cold. Unfortunately, I don't have all the right riding gear for layering. I'm coming off a sport bike, so my Spidi leather jacket isn't really designed to layer up. New touring gear will be the goal for spring time.

Anyway, the first round of Farkles was finally purchased and arrived on Thursday! I was up on mad-skillz driving charges in the state of VA, so my sentencing/court date wasn't until 12/21/2012. I held off on spending until I knew how much of the farkle fund was going to support the state of Virginia. That's all over....finally. And it was plenty.

So here we go.....now I have no idea how functional or good some of the trinkets are, but they were necessary in my quest to start making the GSA look like a real adventure bike. Some look like they will function very well .

Bad picture....garage was tight....but you get the idea. We have the Touratech Fuel Line Guard, Potentiometer Guard, Kickstand Foot plate. Unable to see it well here is also the rear Maier Fender Extender.

In this shot is the Touratech Oil Cooler Guard:

And then in this pic you can see the Maier Front Fender Extender:

The installation went pretty well overall. The oil cooler guard was the most time consuming simply because you have to pull the beak off, but its simple really...just pulling out screws. The Rear Mud guard from Maier (bought on Touratech) looks like it will help keep the shock and swingarm cleaner. I tend to hit quite a few dirt roads around my house to just "buzz" through and the gravel they use really cakes up dirt and grime....so maybe this will help. Might help keep the underseat area a little cleaner too...who knows. we'll see.

The fuel line guards look like they'll fend off some minor bumps, etc. The kickstand plate is, well, cool looking and seems functional for soft groud, etc.

Anxious for round two at some point: Kaoko throttle lock is at the top of the list and maybe a headlight guard. Can't decide on the plexi-style or the wire grid. I like the look of the wire grid, but not sure how legal in PA they are to just leave on. Then its riding gear for me and the mrs. and hopefully the new Sena comm kit.

All these farkle's I gotta keep my nose to the grindstone at work and keep the hours up. Busy and billable, baby!!!

'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote