ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #16
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93-610 View Post

care to elaborate ?

As it was originally written...

It is a two part bill. The enfocement hinged on the opening of the parks. The enforcement will begin soon and includes impoundment of your bike for any ALLEGATION of ANY violation via summons from LEO. That includes park rules and Title 39, the NJ motor vehicle code.

So, if you get a ticket for anything, like a broken taillight, your bike is impounded for 48 hours. Second violations was what? 5 days impound IIRC and a third was confiscation and auction of the machine. This was all before you were even found guilty BTW! Just getting a ticket, in this bill, activates these draconian actions.

So, you rack up hundreds or more in tow charges and storage and then go to court, or lose the bike forever... Punishment without actually being found guilty.

If they want to end all enduros and DS as we once knew it, this is the unconstitutional tool they will use.

It is a bill against the very basis of the Americal system of justice, but good luck getting it fought by the ACLU!
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #17
93-610
I'm a tard

Oddometer: 1,184
thanks for the details.....

so this applies to all state land, not just the ORV park(s) ?

oldest crap
crap I almost forgot about

93-610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #18
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Add what I recall being mandatory registration for all bikes/ATVs even if you are hauling it in your rig!!!

We are equally scrod by this bill, and will enjoy near nothing except an overcrowded "park". It was a bad law and only brings negatives to the table IMO.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 AM   #19
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,876
Welkome to the New and Improved New Jerseystan, partner in Amerika, ruled by our Dear Leader.
As I said in a previous post...............they MAKE us be criminals.

Chris
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #20
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.F.RIDER View Post
Welkome to the New and Improved New Jerseystan, partner in Amerika, ruled by our Dear Leader.
As I said in a previous post...............they MAKE us be criminals.

Chris

Heal up! They need the fine $ revenues!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #21
06wrx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Went today to check it out on the DRZ and my friend was on his KTM 400EXC. We rode some trails almost all of the way to the track, and must have seen 20 people out riding, illegally. Got to the track, no one was there riding.
State Ranger at the gate checked license, registration and insurance.
State Forest officials had us fill out a form containing name, address, drivers license number, emergency contact etc.
Total of 4 people "working" a park that no one was at...definitely a state operated facility

They only had 6 or 7 people show up this morning, and my friend and I were the only ones to show up after noon.
The "track" is short. Takes about 2 minutes going slow to do a lap(for reasons I'll explain below).
It is 100% deep sand, everywhere. I'm not running great tires for sand(Pirelli XCMH) but it was brutal. Bike was all over the place, and it was tough to get any sort of momentum going.
The turns are not bermed at all. It just had some sandy ruts in it from earlier riders and the state rangers on their quad.
There are three "jumps", but they are pretty much just stuff I rolled over on the DRZ. It was so sandy I couldn't get the drive out of the corner leading to the first jump(not to mention keep the bike pointed straight )to really jump it.

I honestly have no ambition to ride there again unless they add some gravel or crushed asphalt to the sand to firm it up a bit. I don't see how it would be "fun" to ride on anything other than a quad. It was free, so I can't complain too much, other than I wish my registration fees had paid for a better designed course, and better soil.

Crappy picture, I should have taken more. Maybe I'll go back later this week and get some more pictures for you guys.

What you see in the picture is everything. There are no additional trails or area to ride.

06wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #22
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

What a joke. They'll open these shitholes, close them and leave the unconstitutional enforcement package.

Shame on everyone involved in this debacle. Those who wrote it, passed it and supported it.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #23
racermx66
Husqvarna

Oddometer: 411
Between the strict rules and puny size, how long before this place gets closed because no one will go there? The environmentals will joyfully say, "See, an off road park will never work in NJ", ending any attempts to open another park.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #24
06wrx
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racermx66 View Post
Between the strict rules and puny size, how long before this place gets closed because no one will go there? The environmentals will joyfully say, "See, an off road park will never work in NJ", ending any attempts to open another park.
I just noticed this rule:
Quote:
5. No reckless riding, including but not limited to, jumping, wheelies, donuts and double riding.
I broke the jumping and wheelie part of this today...no one said anything.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #25
SnoDrtRider
Got Snow?

Oddometer: 2,336
Here is an article from NJ.com it states that a headlight and taillight are required but the pics show a bike with neither...

http://www.nj.com/cape-may-county/in..._river_default

From the article slide show...

'80 Suzuki GS850G, '74 Honda MT250 Enduro
'71 Kawasaki 100,1971 Honda SL70, Sears Mini Bike
SnoDrtRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #26
Dirtmongrel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
question to 06wrx.. were you ever at the Mount Pleasant track a few years ago when it was a motocross track?

I only ask because that picture you posted seems about 1/3 the size of the place I remember when I used to ride it as a motocross track in '02 and '03 on my YZ426F. But even back then it was still all a sand track, and kinda small. But hell, if its FREE I'll go give it a try.

PS those rules sure make it seem as if its a ATV Park... not one rule relates to BIKES

EDIT: just read the article, they are presently only using 11 of the 63 acres but plan to open it all up soon

Dirtmongrel screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 07:20 AM
Dirtmongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #27
06wrx
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmongrel View Post
question to 06wrx.. were you ever at the Mount Pleasant track a few years ago when it was a motocross track?

I only ask because that picture you posted seems about 1/3 the size of the place I remember when I used to ride it as a motocross track in '02 and '03 on my YZ426F. But even back then it was still all a sand track, and kinda small. But hell, if its FREE I'll go give it a try.

PS those rules sure make it seem as if its a ATV Park... not one rule relates to BIKES

EDIT: just read the article, they are presently only using 11 of the 63 acres but plan to open it all up soon
Yes, was there to watch some friends race, but never rode there myself. This is the same exact area that they used for the MX track. It's not any smaller. The MX track had mixed in wood chips after a while to firm up the sand a bit.

And no, they aren't opening it all up. They are actively seeking contractors to take over the operation of the park. Yesterday the state forest lady said "once they take over, they can do whatever they want, and build whatever they want".
My friend who worked at the track before said the previous owners wanted to open it up as well, but couldn't due to some sort of environmental reasons(ie..tree frogs).

Here is where I found the no wheelie/jumping rules:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf..._ATV_Park.html

Old 01-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #28
06wrx
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider View Post
Here is an article from NJ.com it states that a headlight and taillight are required but the pics show a bike with neither...
Kind of funny, I'm pretty sure I saw the guy on the KTM pictured in the article, out riding in the woods on our way back after we left .
I guess the off road park was so good that he had to leave and go ride in the woods.

06wrx screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 08:06 AM
Old 01-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #29
SnoDrtRider
Got Snow?

Oddometer: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06wrx View Post
Kind of funny, I'm pretty sure I saw the guy on the KTM pictured in the article, out riding in the woods on our way back after we left .
I guess the off road park was so good that he had to leave and go ride in the woods.
But he does have a legal D/S even has a horn...
'80 Suzuki GS850G, '74 Honda MT250 Enduro
'71 Kawasaki 100,1971 Honda SL70, Sears Mini Bike
SnoDrtRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #30
racermx66
Husqvarna

Oddometer: 411
The entire park is 63 acres!? Are they kidding? The state is making sure this place will fail. What are "wrist guards" anyway? You're not supposed to jump or do wheelies. Basically they are saying, "Leave your bike/ATV on your trailer or truck."