Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #16
bikefree
misadventurer

Oddometer: 278
I have worked and played in Atlanta since 1996. I commute every day, leave my car in the inner city to run before work. I drive to different locations for work and park my car in the most crime ridden areas of the city and have never been bothered. For the past 3 years, I have been part of a hashing running club. We drive to all parts of the city including the constitution road area in the evenings, park our cars and often don't get back until midnight. Hashing involves running through the woods, neighborhoods, and every f**cked up area we can find. Most of our hashes go through the inner city. We run through the projects, through parks etc. I was running just a couple miles from your location just last night. Neither my car or myself has ever been harmed from another individual. I have been threatened for trespassing many times, but that is my fault for being on someone elses property.

Not saying that Atlanta is a safe city and your story shows that problems can occur, but it ain't a war zone and you can spend time in the ATL and be very safe.

Bart Simpson

bikefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #17
Jackazz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates View Post
That land is owned by the city of Atlanta but the gas line has a easement and the bottom line is you buddies are not allowed to ride there and they were trespassing!

The lesson learned here is If you are trespassing or being a thug who does not give a Fuck or breaking any law or infringing on others,then you should expect to be shot at period.
I'm trying to understand this lesson; Trespass on city property with a gas easement and you deserve to be shot at by someone else with no legal ties to the property who wants to steal your bike?

I'm glad your not my dad!

JA
Jackazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
Hotbrakes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefree View Post
I have worked and played in Atlanta since 1996. I commute every day, leave my car in the inner city to run before work. I drive to different locations for work and park my car in the most crime ridden areas of the city and have never been bothered. For the past 3 years, I have been part of a hashing running club. We drive to all parts of the city including the constitution road area in the evenings, park our cars and often don't get back until midnight. Hashing involves running through the woods, neighborhoods, and every f**cked up area we can find. Most of our hashes go through the inner city. We run through the projects, through parks etc. I was running just a couple miles from your location just last night. Neither my car or myself has ever been harmed from another individual. I have been threatened for trespassing many times, but that is my fault for being on someone elses property.

Not saying that Atlanta is a safe city and your story shows that problems can occur, but it ain't a war zone and you can spend time in the ATL and be very safe.

Cause you're running with Haitians. Duh...
Hotbrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #19
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackazz View Post
I'm trying to understand this lesson; Trespass on city property with a gas easement and you deserve to be shot at by someone else with no legal ties to the property who wants to steal your bike?
+1

Makes ZERO sense.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
go2cnavy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 518
I call BS

Atlanta is not a terrible city. In fact, I thought it was relatively safe. I went to school in Atlanta and often went to night classes and had to walk all over the city to get between different buildings...Georgia State University is an urban campus. I packed heat every day, but never once felt the least bit threatened. Having grown up outside Los Angeles Atlanta was like Neverland.

990A / 450 EXC R/ 250 EXC/ 450R - for sale
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #21
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
Day trip reports usually include some pictures of scenery and food and stuff...

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #22
alcanrider
alcanrider

Oddometer: 113
Packin Everywhere

Been to Atlanta numerous times and never once had a problem. However, only an idiot would think that that city is always under all circumstances a safe place to be. It has its problems just like every other city. As a white man there are places that I have been that I was scared to death at times. Detroit, East St Louis, and Cleveland Ohio comes to mind as places that I have been in scary situations with people of a different ethnic background than myself. You have your good and bad everywhere. I don't stereo type, and I give everybody the same chance until they prove themselves a jerk. I am nearly always packing unless I am in another country. As for your so called concealed carry permit? I can tell you where to stick that, because I have never had one, and I never will. They are unconstitutional IMHO, and I am not going to pay a government $400 for them to give me a piece of paper to do something that my ancestors fought to win the right to do, bare arms! I will also keep whatever kind of weapon I choose, and will not be fumbling with a safe combination or lock at two in the morning when low lifes break into my house. They will always be loaded and readily accessible at all times. Just because a bunch of idiots take mind altering prescribed medications and feel they need to go on a murdering spree, doesn't mean that I have to change my lifestyle or put myself, family or property at risk. Remember that most of the famous people who are trying to revoke American's second amendment rights, have armed private guards, and are fine with themselves being protected. I even bet that they have more than ten rounds in their magazines. As long as the Government is buying fully automatic weapons with armor piercing rounds, we as free citizens should also be able to do the same.
When you see me out on the trail, you will never know if I am armed or not, because I won't have the gun out waving it around like some embicile who does not know his butt from a hole in the ground, but know that I will be one of the nicest people you will ever meet and if push comes to shove, I got your back.
By the way, I love Atlanta, it is one of the few big cities that I would gladly live in if I absolutely had to live in a big city.
alcanrider is offline   Reply With Quote