Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
John65 OP
D Ol Man

Oddometer: 1,384
Hijack

I don't have anything else compiled right now so I'm gonna Profile my ridin partner (an myself a little bit)

I met him when I was 14 (he was a lot older, I think). I had just got a H-D Hummer (you younguns probably don't know what that is), and a few days later,
Larry and Ted (another friend) came over to my house. larry told me later that Ted had come to his house and said
" Hey, I heard there's a boy over in Jakin with a motorcycle, Let's go over and race him"
and so we did.
After highschool, I went into the Navy and didn't see much of him 'til one day coming back from the lake, I saw a couple of guys riding in a borrow pit side the road, It was Larry & Ted, so, now I gotta have another bike. Got a yamaha 125mx.
we met every Sunday at the clay pit and before long we had a trail laid out up and down those banks, and sho-nuff, it was a race every Sunday. It had grown to about 10-12 riders then.
It eventually got to where we had cars parked for 1/4 mile side of the road watching us race. We were riding motocross and didn't even know it.
that evolved into racing mx and several more bikes 'til we got too old (30+).
My work began to consume all my time and I didn't get another bike 'til I retired.

After I retired, Larry first convinced me I needed a couple 4 wheelers so Glenda and I could ride with him an Margo (his wife)
Then he said I needed a DS bike to ride with him on, so (KLR650)
then I needed a big bike so we could take our wives with us sometime (VTX1300)
$20,000 + later, we're where we are now.
He has a stable full of bikes and 4 wheelers
and I have 3 bikes and 2 four wheelers
All our trips revolve around his work (he's greedy, you know)
He always says something like "I don't have anything to do for X days startin tomorrow, build us a route to 'somewhere'"
Then he says "You need to write a ride report" (I can't even get him to post a comment)

But he's good with the camera,,,, every time I drop the bike,,,, next day a picture of it is posted on his refrigerator for the whole world to see.
That's my best friend "Larry" [LJHrider]
With all he's talked me into, I can't afford any more.

soon as I get some photos uploaded and comments written, I'll post some more....
TET Florida Section
TET Georgia Section
John65 is offline   Reply With Quote