Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #46
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephvman View Post
New or used is strictly the legal distinction of whether or not the car has been titled. The car could be a dealer demo with 20k on the clock, and still be a new car if it has never been titled and still is on the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin.
Letter of the law spirit of the law. If they sold a truck one of the salesmen used to move his girlfriend's sister out from her abusive husband and haul a load of trash to the dump, it's not a "New" truck.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #47
CodeMonkee
Geek Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,296
Walk away - I think most states have lemon laws, or you can return a vehicle within 48 hours or something. Learn your rights in this regard and then walk away. The first clue should have been the hard sell on the extended warranty.
Not all who wander are lost
CodeMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #48
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post

that it three posts for someone to suggest it. But FWIW, I have a buddy who made a lucrative career out of fixing high end euro cars that were damaged in shipment/dinged on the sales lot.
The PDR guy. Yeah, he's a pretty rich guy. Prays for hail.
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #49
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephvman View Post
New or used is strictly the legal distinction of whether or not the car has been titled. The car could be a dealer demo with 20k on the clock, and still be a new car if it has never been titled and still is on the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin.
Yeah, that's my bet. 240 miles of screwing around the dealer lot, hauling crap, test drives, etc, with the dealer plate on the back. A not-so-nice polish job by some not-giving-a-damn member of the staff. Rip out the bed liner, and rhino line away the used bed.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #50
Tweaker

Oddometer: 9,067
Buying something sight unseen should have had a clause in the contract about acceptance upon delivery.

And did you really say you bought a Tacoma based on its "good" fuel mileage?

I bet that dealer saw you coming a mile away.
Tweaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #51
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,759
Besides all the BS and return it comments you have an absolutely great truck there. I had a 2007 and in 4 years changed two turn signal bulbs.

I've had a 2011 for a year now and not one hiccup.

F-Fords and Chevy's these things are the best you can buy !
Old 01-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #52
EsconDeasy
Ectomorph

Oddometer: 1,440
Since we're playing "I woulda", I'll chime in

Dealer screwed up, then fixed it, then threw in a bed liner. I woulda walked away smiling
EsconDeasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #53
xshanex
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShaft View Post
Yeah, that's my bet. 240 miles of screwing around the dealer lot, hauling crap, test drives, etc, with the dealer plate on the back. A not-so-nice polish job by some not-giving-a-damn member of the staff. Rip out the bed liner, and rhino line away the used bed.

100 miles were put on it for the dealer trade and the truck may have come there from somewhere else too. Its not uncommon for it to happen. My truck had close to 200 miles on it because the dealer it was traded from was 200 miles away.

We had one truck at the dealership with a ton of miles because we traded it to a dealer 3 hours away and then someone who had test driven the truck a week before came in after thinking about it and had to have that one truck so I had to go bring it back
xshanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #54
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshanex View Post
100 miles were put on it for the dealer trade and the truck may have come there from somewhere else too. Its not uncommon for it to happen. My truck had close to 200 miles on it because the dealer it was traded from was 200 miles away.

We had one truck at the dealership with a ton of miles because we traded it to a dealer 3 hours away and then someone who had test driven the truck a week before came in after thinking about it and had to have that one truck so I had to go bring it back
Yeah, that's of course an option. He said there was 270 on it initially. I figured in a few miles for the transport. But Hell, we found my truck 3 states away. You work out an inventory swap, where you get a bird in hand, and the other dealer gets whatever they need or could move quick from your lot. In my case, that's almost certainly a Chevy Cruze, bcs that happens to be what's moving off of chevy lots by the boatload...literally. Send a driver up w/ the Cruze, and bring home the bacon (my Avy). But by the initial description, and removed bedliner, and stuff, I was just figuring my best bet in that particular case. I could be wrong.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #55
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Wow, ignorance abounds in this thread. And I really don't mean that as an insult to anyone. The finance guy was a douche. You should have a nice conversation with ownership, or at the very least with the GM. Explain that while you understand the urgency to sell F & I products, stooping to the level of tarnishing the consumer purchase experience, destroying the purchaser's confidence in the vehicle and manufacturer, and bad mouthing the dealer's own service department all in the name of a commission qualifies Mr. "Master Tech/Finance douche" as nothing more than a "buy here/pay here" used car salesman. They would do well to free up his future and divorce themselves from him, but the problem is guys like that make themselves and the dealership a lot of money for a short period of time. By the time they figure out how much damage he's done its usually too late. That's why you should speak up.

Beyond that, the cosmetic issues likely fall on the dealer they traded it from. Regardless, they had a responsibility to make it right, and it looks like they did. I wouldn't worry about a little compound and a buffer, but if they wet sanded it you definitely lost some clear coat. While there is no way to get that back short of re-spraying the vehicle, if they had to wet sand it to make it look good I'd want a different truck. If you find out they wet sanded it and opt to go that route, time is of the essence. You wait and you won't get anything.

To eas your mind, it wasn't being used as a tow vehicle, it wasn't a used vehicle sold as new, and it isn't very likely to be soiled with whore skank all over the seats. It is quite simply put a dealer trade that wasn't prepped very well by one of the involved dealers, and was signed over to you by a bona fide douchebag.
This.

I worked in a BMW car dealership in the South for a bit and we sold tons of double black vehicles. Yeah, a bit warm for the first couple of minutes, but at least it wasnt white and tan like everyone else!

The kid who did the detailing originally did a shit job. No biggie, unless they wet sanded it, which I doubt.

It's a new truck, don't worry about it. The finance guy is a douche and Toyota's don't need the extended service or protection plans.

Enjoy your new trucks!

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #56
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,502
I disagree on the carfax report. Please dont spend money on that piece of shit product, and keep these fucks in business. A lot of cars are damaged, abused, repaired without report to the insurance. carfax only has publicly available data. Not all "events" are recorded in Carfax. Dealers will usually fix damage on their lot and lease cars without reporting......
Old 01-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #57
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,698
Seems most cars come off the lot with swirl marks... People just don't give a damn...

But don't take delivery of a vehicle with issues you care about, even minor ones. Your options go way down once you take delivery and drive off that lot- which is why dealers always want you to "take it now, enjoy it, and bring it back at your convenience and we'll take care of everything..."
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #58
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
Seems most cars come off the lot with swirl marks... People just don't give a damn...
or have that boring silver metallic color where you cant see any imperfections.
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #59
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post

Fullmonte - funny. They all suck here. My last truck was white and it sucked in summer. These do have light interiors, tint and are supposed to have some kind of UV rejecting glass (found it: High Solar Energy-Absorbing (HSEA) glass). We'll see.

Ha. You THOUGHT White sucked in the summer, you'll be eating those words in a couple of months.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #60
Yardstick OP
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Ha. You THOUGHT White sucked in the summer, you'll be eating those words in a couple of months.
The truck I had before my white one was dark blue and had no A/C.
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: