User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #24661
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 744
fatgut

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like you had to relieve the gussets to clear some dirtbagz mounts. I will probably try to position my gussets so that they just clear the dirtbagz mounts. You could cut off those tabs that are sticking out because they don't really help much to strengthen the part.

I am also thinking that I am going to cut off the rear exhaust mount and gusset all the way to the down tube of the subframe on the left side. The exhaust mount is broken anyway and all that I have to do is drill a hole in the right position when done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopreserve View Post
We have ordered a ton of metals to the shop from these folks too, just as an option: http://www.mcmaster.com/#
I have ordered from McMaster before, but I did not realize that they had metal stock. They have pretty much every thing don't they. Onlinemetals is cheaper but I think they might make up for it on the shipping. It was a litttle more than I thought it should be for two pieces of metal. I also bought some 1/8 inch stock to do the battery box because it is fubared.

One quick question. Are those fingers supposed to point pretty much straight back? One of mine is broken off and the other is bent in a little I guess due to the increased stress.
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #24662
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew1 View Post
One quick question. Are those fingers supposed to point pretty much straight back? One of mine is broken off and the other is bent in a little I guess due to the increased stress.
Yes, straight back. Read the part on MotoIQ about the rear subframe brace. Spacers to close the gap between the fingers and the brace, so you're not prestressing them just by tightening the bolts.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #24663
nw scout
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 686
Hey Guys.

I have a few guys looking at my XR400 and am thinking the Husky 610 will be my next bike.
Love the XR but with no electric start and a bad right leg it can get a bit tricky at times!

I know they are good on the road and from what I hear they are the best of the bigger DS bikes.
I will be hitting some single track and the usual OHV parks with it so am realling looking for guys with off road and reliability
opinions.

Its an 06 with low miles and a few extras.
Any questions I should ask before buying?

Thanks for the help!
Dave
Old 01-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #24664
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw scout View Post
Hey Guys.

I have a few guys looking at my XR400 and am thinking the Husky 610 will be my next bike.
Love the XR but with no electric start and a bad right leg it can get a bit tricky at times!

I know they are good on the road and from what I hear they are the best of the bigger DS bikes.
I will be hitting some single track and the usual OHV parks with it so am realling looking for guys with off road and reliability
opinions.

Thanks for the help!
Dave
Well, you're in a good area for it :) I LOVED riding my 610 in your neck of the woods. I would suggest you take a trip up to Salem and pick Bill's @ Bill's Husqvarna brain a little bit. He's a great guy and knows everything there is to know :)
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #24665
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Love my 09. Much lighter than others of similar power. Wide ratio transmission and lots of torque gives it good cruise and passing power at all legal highway speeds. It's very competent tractoring up washed out, rocky forest trails. The long suspension has the ability to soak up all manner of trail obstacles which was a huge point for me. Most say it's really great if you have a competent suspension shop tune springs and damping to your specific weight. However stock seems to work quite well for my 185lbs. Downside? It's still a 340+ lb dead weight when you drop it. That becomes a bigger deal every year. My next dual sport bike will be a hundred lbs lighter, 250-350cc. Now, I've got to load my TE 610 in the trailer for a two day Dual Sport event. I hope you have half as much fun this weekend :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #24666
Ross Shafer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Axle Block/Sliders

Howdy All,

Not necessarily adventure bike oriented, but something my fellow 610 owners may want to know about.

I wanted to purchase a set of SME Axle block/sliders for my SM610 a few weeks back only to find SME was closed and the parts were unobtanium. So I made some for myself.

I've made a royalty arrangement with Harry of SME and will soon have 25 sets of these ready to sell. The blocks are done, I'm just waiting for the puck material to finish them up. I had a small chuck of material laying around so I made a couple of pucks so I could get some pictures out.

If interested, contact me through my website (www.six-ninedesign.com) , there's nothing there about these block/sliders, its just a way to email me directly without having to post my email addy here or deal with PM's.

I'm having probs. figuring out how to load a photo here, but follow this link: http://s1358.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0 , and you'll see a pic of the Axle Block/Sliders I'm offering.

Happy Dang New Year!

Ross Shafer screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 08:11 AM
Ross Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #24667
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,348
Quote:
Hey Guys.

opinions.

Thanks for the help!
Dave
Hi Dave, the only thing I thought of after we talked the other night is that the 06 has a smaller charging output. In 07 the Euro bikes were EFI and the charge rate was upped for all 07 models. At least that is the info I have heard. Don't remember the numbers though. So might be worth verifying.
Good luck!

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #24668
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Shafer View Post
Howdy All,

Not necessarily adventure bike oriented, but something my fellow 610 owners may want to know about.

I wanted to purchase a set of SME Axle block/sliders for my SM610 a few weeks back only to find SME was closed and the parts were unobtanium. So I made some for myself.

I've made a royalty arrangement with Harry of SME and will soon have 25 sets of these ready to sell. The blocks are done, I'm just waiting for the puck material to finish them up. I had a small chuck of material laying around so I made a couple of pucks so I could get some pictures out.

If interested, contact me through my website (www.six-ninedesign.com) for more info and some pictures.

Happy Dang New Year!
What is the difference between the SM and Te blocks?
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #24669
Ross Shafer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Axle block/sliders

According to my 2006 manual the axle blocks for the TE and the SM are the same, so these should work on the TE. I see yours is a 2000 model though so you should check with a dealer or check your swingarm dimensions

Here's the dimensions for my 2006: height-40mm, chain side axle dia- 25mm, nut side axle dia- 20mm

Don't hesitate to contact me through my website (www.six-ninedesign.com) with any other questions.
Ross Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #24670
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Shafer View Post
I see yours is a 2000 model though so you should check with a dealer or check your swingarm dimen
The axle diameter is smaller on the 2000 model.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #24671
nw scout
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 686
Picking this beauty up on Monday

Just 900 miles and set up about perfect.

nw scout screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 10:48 PM
nw scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #24672
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Oddometer: 335
Quote:

Thanks for the help!
Dave
Ask if the cam chain has been replaced, and if so, when. That's the only real point on the 610's that's weird/different from the other standard used bike questions and inspections that I can think of.

You'll love it!

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #24673
nsx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Gas cap reassembly question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonXX View Post
Reassemble in the reverse order of disassembly. When lining up the hub to replace the pin, mind the position of the key slot relative to the lugs inside the cap. It can be reassembled 90 degrees off and it won't move, so it'll be pretty easy to tell if you did it wrong. If so, no problem, just pull the pin and reposition the tumbler shaft and hub...
So what should the position of the key slot relative to the lugs inside the cap be? So I can do it right the first time. I had trouble getting that pin out. Once is enough.

Thanks for the write-up.

nsx screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 07:48 AM Reason: correct spelling error
nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #24674
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Quote:
Picking this beauty up on Monday

Just 900 miles and set up about perfect.
Oh! Pretty sure I know that bike. It's a beauty indeed.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #24675
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
So what should the position of the key slot relative to the lugs inside the cap be? So I can do it right the first time. I had trouble getting that pin out. Once is enough.

Thanks for the write-up.
I found that it was easiest to set the key slot just short of the full open position. There, you'd put the lugs in the open position and turn it back until the hole in the tumbler shaft lines up.