User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #61
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

Oddometer: 211
Happy New Year !!

Went for a 90 mile ride today, way too much fun! Montana is having a motorcycle friendly winter so far.
Thanks to all for the support last year.
Promach 1
Promach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #62
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

Tis the season

Finally the good weather is here. Time for the trip planning a getting the tools to keep the trip in motion. We have the simple tools that don't take up valuable room, and can help you help yourself. Instead of waiting on a expensive tow, out in the middle of nowhere, which is where most of us like to go.

I'm planning a trip to ID, OR, CA, and WA, in June.
Ride safe this season, and I hope to meet some of our great customers this year.
Over 500 Dual Tool owners so far.
Thanks to all for your support.

Promach 1
Old 06-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #63
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

Next ride

Heading out to the Washington coast as soon as I get a window in the weather. Top of Washington, hwy 20, Whidbey Is., Port Townsend, Neah Bay, then all the way down to Eureka, Ca. Hope to see some of you along the way. Have a great riding season.
Promach !
Old 06-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #64
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

Thumb Back from another great trip

June 13; I took off with a nasty looking sky. But I think I would rather have it a little over cast than to be a real scorcher. I dodged rain all the way to Hope, ID., then the rain came with a vengeance. Actually I don't mind the rain anymore, it makes the ride just that much more interesting. It takes me out of my laid back, protected element.
After a fine meal in Sandpoint, ID, I headed for Coeur d' Alene, and found a nice room at the Flamingo Motel.

June 14; I took 95 south to Lewiston, ID. At the top of the hill, when you can view the city, I found a side road, with some great twistys, that takes you right in to town, and I think it's a little bit of a time saver. From there, I headed over to Clarkston, WA. and down 129 to Enterprise, OR. Then on down to Joseph. That was a very relaxing night. I sat up my camp on the lower end of Wallawa lake. This was a great spot, with no bugs, great temperature and the only noise was a stream that ran right next to my site. (#A31)

June 15; Rode into Joseph for breakfast, then headed 8 miles east to the Hells Canyon overlook rode. I really enjoyed this road, with very little traffic and peaceful scenery. I took the side road to the overlook and was the only one there.
From there, I rode down to Hwy. 86, to Baker, OR, then Hwy 7 to 26 over to John Day for a night at the rallye.

June 16; Headed on down 26 west to the John Day Fossil beds. Very interesting, if your into old bones.
Made a spur of the moment decision to take Hwy 19, to 207, and back down to Mitchell. This was a nice ride, with a beautiful river and some really nice landscape. Once back on 26, I headed down to Bend to see my son.

June 17, 18,19; The night that I got there, we went to see Prometheus, at the Imax theater, great show, and in 3D too!
While I was there, we made it up to McMinnville, OR to see the Evergreen Aviation museum. That is where the Spruce Goose lives, with a wingspan of over 300 ft. The museum was actually built around that plane, with all of the other displays, which there are many, are placed under, around and above this plane.
The highlight of the stay, was when my son took me for a ride in a Robinson R44 helicopter. He is going through school in Bend, to learn this trade. And I have to say, he's going to be a great pilot!

June 20; Left Bend on Hwy 20 through Sisters, then followed that road, clear to Newport, OR, on the coast. From there I headed north on 101, to Depoe Bay for the night. That was a really nice ride, very little traffic, beautiful country and some nice twistys.

June 21; Rode Hwy 101, up through Canon Beach, Astoria, then to Long Beach, Wa., where I rode a little too close to the beach on the ole GS, and almost got it stuck.Had a super great grilled salmon sandwich for lunch.
Then on up to the Olympic Natl forest, where I camped at Quinault lake campground. This spot was great, peaceful setting, which was secluded from the other sites. Lots of Spanish moss on the trees, with ferns, super large trees, no skeetos and very quiet.

June 22; Today I left for Neah Bay, Wa. This was a beautiful ride and a great morning. Once I got there, I had to push on to Cape Flattery, just so I could say that I had ridden as far northwest as our highway system goes. Once at Cape Flattery, I hiked down about a 1/2 mile, through some gorgeous rain forest, on a really great trail, to see the most beautiful coastline, that I'd ever seen.
When I was hiking out, it started to rain, and did so, all the way to Port Angeles, where I got a room and relaxed for the night. Another great day on the road.

June 23; The next morning, I headed for Port Townsend, where I boarded the ferry to Whidbey Island. It kind of had a feeling of coming home, since I had a faded memory of being in the Navy there, in the early 70's.
After having lunch of popcorn shrimp and fries, at a roadside stand, I pushed on to Sedro Wooley. Five miles out of town, the skies opened up with enough rain to make another Great Lake, in a matter of seconds. I turned around and headed for Sedro Wooley, meeting up with a tree that had fallen across the entire road. I just rode over the top of the tree and hit a motel for the night. Whew!

June 24; The weather lightened up today, and I headed east on Hwy 20 across the Northern Cascades. It was overcast, so I'm not sure what I missed of the mountains. It was still some great scenery. I ended up in Colville, at Bennys Colville Inn. Very friendly place with a lobby that was like a museum of Benny's fish mounts that were some of the best that I've seen, and his gun collection. Also reasonable rates.

June 25; Last day on the road. I headed east on 20, over to Tiger, and then down to Newport to see an ole Navy buddy.
From there, I went to Sandpoint, ID, up to Bonners Ferry, and then on home to Somers, MT.

To sum it up, this was a great trip. It took in 2300 miles of the Northwest US, and was just a great chapter in the book of my life.
I usually travel with one other person. And I always enjoy those experiences. But this time, I decided that I needed a trip by myself and for myself. It is entirely different to make "All", of the decisions on a trip like this. I changed my trip of where I was going and when I was going. And I never lost one argument with myself.

I met lots of people that I'll never see again, and had lots of conversations that I won't remember. But it all added up to a trip of a life time.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #65
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

Weather

Why can't the earth settle on a nice temp, like maybe.......68-70, and just stay there?
We could ride in comfort year around !!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #66
drbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Thanks for such a great tool. Having a sidecar which likes to eat up front tires your little tool was used a lot this summer actually only 4 times but it always make me smile when I pull it out of the tool kit. I can't help but snap it in and out a few times every time it's near. Great piece of kit.
drbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #67
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbike View Post
Thanks for such a great tool. Having a sidecar which likes to eat up front tires your little tool was used a lot this summer actually only 4 times but it always make me smile when I pull it out of the tool kit. I can't help but snap it in and out a few times every time it's near. Great piece of kit.
I'm still surprized that I even came up with the idea of the Dual Tool .

It's always nice to hear that you've put a smile on someones face.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #68
viperh
StormChaser

Oddometer: 120
Just received my replacement Front axle tool. You da man!
viperh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #69
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

Happy New Year!

Hope this will be a great new year for everyone and a super good ADV season.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #70
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

Improved version

This week, our new improved version of the Dual Tool comes out! The hex tool is now made of 7075-T6 Aircraft grade aluminum. This provides almost twice the tensel strength of the 6061-T6 material used in the original. The original tool was tested to 100 ft lbs, which is 2 1/2 times the torque required for the front wheel. We have had 3 broken hex tools, out of 700 sold. This should eleminate that problem.
Ride safely and often.
Promach 1
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #71
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

We are on Facebook!

We are now on Facebook, go check out our new page! https://www.facebook.com/PromachDualTool
Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #72
SeeRace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Just ordered the Dual Tool Plus Monday. Is it the new improved version?
SeeRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #73
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeRace View Post
Just ordered the Dual Tool Plus Monday. Is it the new improved version?
It is the new improved version. The hex tool is now made of 7075 T6 aircraft grade aluminum.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #74
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

We are on Facebook!

We are now on Facebook, go check out our new page! https://www.facebook.com/PromachDualTool
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #75
Promach 1 OP
Promach 1

Bump