User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
madeouttaglass OP
The AntiHarley

Oddometer: 3,130
Dewalt semiauto

I can't get the picture to post. I'm not even sure if this is real. (Probably not.) Can someone use the text below to find it and tell us?

Dewalts answer to home protection that doesn't require a registration or license. This nailgun can shoot a 16-D nail through a 2x4 at 200 yards and incase of a home invasion well you can NAIL THEIR ASS to the wall. Im not saying it wont kill the perp but they wont get away. You can also help build a friends fence 2 blocks away while sitting in your front lawn. This is truly how you adapt and overcome so Thanks Dewalt.

Escape from NY- http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955520
madeouttaglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,502
Fake...

Somebody made an AR15 to look Dewaltish... Nice try...

http://www.thegunsman.com/2011/11/the-dewalt-ar-15/
Old 01-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,072
Back in '74-'75 there was a new apartment complex going up next door. One afternoon a bunch of us were out with our BB guns shooting at a giant wooden shipping crate in an open lot. Up the hill behind us was a guy putting up a fence with a pneumatic nailer. At one point he spun around and hip-shot a few nails into the shipping crate. We were impressed.

It probably wouldn't take much to convert an electric nailer to full auto, and not being a firearm, shouldn't be illegal. Probably want to develop hollow nails so there's a path for blood to leak out. Range would suck, but in a house that's a good thing.
troidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
boxermoose
Now fully goosed

Oddometer: 2,824
[QUOTE=troidus;20473937Probably want to develop hollow nails so there's a path for blood to leak out. Range would suck, but in a house that's a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Not a hollow point - but it's called a flachet...nansty little fuckers. load in 12 gauge of anti-personal rockets

Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,521
Flechette
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermoose View Post
Not a hollow point - but it's called a flachet...nansty little fuckers. load in 12 gauge of anti-personal rockets

That requires some kind of firearm to use, though. Nailguns aren't regulated, AFAIK.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
rapidoxidationman
Easily trainable

Oddometer: 8,130
cordless pneumatic nailer

I'm sure an enterprising homeowner could devise a way of defeating the safety on the bump tip...
Point and shoot!
Disclaimer: Given that this is a butane/electric powered gun, it might not be very effective at high altitude.
rapidoxidationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidoxidationman View Post

I'm sure an enterprising homeowner could devise a way of defeating the safety on the bump tip...
Point and shoot!
Disclaimer: Given that this is a butane/electric powered gun, it might not be very effective at high altitude.
I'm thinking that an enterprising machinist could change the form factor so that it's lighter, less unwieldy, easier to aim, and easier to reload. Create headless nails with a polymer coating and rifling could be incorporated for improved accuracy, but that's probably not necessary for the sub-20' engagement distance in the typical home.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

In the eyes of the law it would still be considered a "weapon" or improvised gun.

Why just not get a TDI? All joking a side, you can get a cheap modern pistol for $150.... it will be more reliable and dead on, no pun intended.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
rapidoxidationman
Easily trainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
In the eyes of the law it would still be considered a "weapon" or improvised gun.

Why just not get a TDI? All joking a side, you can get a cheap modern pistol for $150.... it will be more reliable and dead on, no pun intended.
yabbut can you legally own an actual pistol that shoots bullets in places like NYC without a permit?
just an example off the top of my head, don't taze me bro

In the Carpenter's Olympics I can shoot my Porter Cable framing nailer pretty accurately out to about 100'... and a 3.5" framing nail will hurt.
And: the magazine holds about 60 rounds
Old 01-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

I want to see you shoot someone with it... because believe, they would charge for, on top of all your charges, a possession of a improvised device...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_II_weapons
Old 01-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #12
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,521
I've shot 16 penny nails out of air nailers and they sure don't fly straight after much distance. By the time they get a couple hundred yards they're tumbling like crazy. Though, they would probably stay stable and deadly within a shorter distance.
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
Dave
Huh?

Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidoxidationman View Post

Point and shoot!
I own both the Paslode framing and finish nailers. The nail guard is easy to defeat. All you have to do is slide it back. But, what that also does is inject gas into the chamber and engages the cooling fan.

I'd think the best you could do would be to turn it into a two stage semi auto. One to pull the guard back, and another to pull the trigger.

Now a pneumatic framing gun is a different story. Pull the guard back, and it's all semi auto. But, you'd have to crank up the pressure to the gun a lot to get any sort of results. At regular operating pressures, you'd be hard pressed to cause serious damage.

I hung siding on my garage this summer, and would take the occasional pot shot at a squirrel trying to raid the bird feeder. The nail travels pretty slowly, and has a lot of drop. If you fired at a person, you'd be more likely to piss them off.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #14
rapidoxidationman
Easily trainable

clearly you've put WAY too much thought into this
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #15
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Quote:
I want to see you shoot someone with it... because believe, they would charge for, on top of all your charges, a possession of a improvised device...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_II_weapons

From that link it can't be considered a Title II weapon without a burning propellant. So either rig it to run on compressed atmosphere or make it spring loaded with a motorized cocking device.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: