ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
pprO.R.A. OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pprO.R.A.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: MISSOURI
Oddometer: 190
Route Info Please

Winter planning for a Father/Son trip in May in Moab area. 6 dirtbikes B and C riders 1 young novice (needing assistance in rough spots). One leg of our ADV. is doing the Entrada Bluffs area, going up and around the Top of the World loop, then hit the Koko down to Rose Garden Hill to Onion Creek out to Hwy. 128 where a sagwagon will pick up. Doing my reasearch this looks like a nice loop. In my circumstances is this loop common dirtbike loop, is R.G.H. downhill really brutal? My Lat40 maps show the section of Koko. after the top of world juntion is restricted to non motorized veh. only?
Any advice from inmates who have done this area many times would be appreciated.

Thanks, Greg
__________________
Somebody could get their eye put out, or die, or even worse
pprO.R.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater
 
RideFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: County Lockup, NM
Oddometer: 5,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprO.R.A. View Post
Winter planning for a Father/Son trip in May in Moab area. 6 dirtbikes B and C riders 1 young novice (needing assistance in rough spots). One leg of our ADV. is doing the Entrada Bluffs area, going up and around the Top of the World loop, then hit the Koko down to Rose Garden Hill to Onion Creek out to Hwy. 128 where a sagwagon will pick up. Doing my reasearch this looks like a nice loop. In my circumstances is this loop common dirtbike loop, is R.G.H. downhill really brutal? My Lat40 maps show the section of Koko. after the top of world juntion is restricted to non motorized veh. only?
Any advice from inmates who have done this area many times would be appreciated.

Thanks, Greg
Its a great DB loop, RG hill and some of the ledges on TOTW will probably challenge you some but don't let that hold you back, it's a nice ride.

PM me an email if you need some tracks for it.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
pprO.R.A. OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pprO.R.A.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: MISSOURI
Oddometer: 190
Thanks RF, I;ve seen alot of GOPRO footage (including yours) of TOTW, and looks easily doable ledge fun, but I cannot find DB video going down RG HILL, seen plenty of jeeps going up, but it looks like a long curving steep downhill boulder filled trail, that strikes me as fun!

I will PM you on details, thanks again.
__________________
Somebody could get their eye put out, or die, or even worse
pprO.R.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #4
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater
 
RideFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: County Lockup, NM
Oddometer: 5,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprO.R.A. View Post
Thanks RF, I;ve seen alot of GOPRO footage (including yours) of TOTW, and looks easily doable ledge fun, but I cannot find DB video going down RG HILL, seen plenty of jeeps going up, but it looks like a long curving steep downhill boulder filled trail, that strikes me as fun!

I will PM you on details, thanks again.
Here it is.








Onion Creek


This is definately passable for you guys, depending on ability, you might have to help some of the less expierenced riders through that section though.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
pprO.R.A. OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pprO.R.A.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: MISSOURI
Oddometer: 190
Nice!

Pics give much better perspective, but as usaual they probably don't do it justice as to steepness and boulder size as if you were actually there. All I need are some tasty waves, some cool buds, and 3" wide line
__________________
Somebody could get their eye put out, or die, or even worse
pprO.R.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
pprO.R.A. OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pprO.R.A.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: MISSOURI
Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Here it is.




This is definately passable for you guys, depending on ability, you might have to help some of the less expierenced riders through that section though.
Ouchie Mama, Boulders the size of dinning room tables.
__________________
Somebody could get their eye put out, or die, or even worse
pprO.R.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
pprO.R.A. OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pprO.R.A.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: MISSOURI
Oddometer: 190
Anyone have pics or video footage of the KOKO section between TOTW and top of RG Hill ? I understand there is a bit of challenging hill climb at the end just before you reach RG Hill.
T.I.A.
__________________
Somebody could get their eye put out, or die, or even worse
pprO.R.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014