ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
pprO.R.A. OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Route Info Please

Winter planning for a Father/Son trip in May in Moab area. 6 dirtbikes B and C riders 1 young novice (needing assistance in rough spots). One leg of our ADV. is doing the Entrada Bluffs area, going up and around the Top of the World loop, then hit the Koko down to Rose Garden Hill to Onion Creek out to Hwy. 128 where a sagwagon will pick up. Doing my reasearch this looks like a nice loop. In my circumstances is this loop common dirtbike loop, is R.G.H. downhill really brutal? My Lat40 maps show the section of Koko. after the top of world juntion is restricted to non motorized veh. only?
Any advice from inmates who have done this area many times would be appreciated.

Thanks, Greg
Old 01-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprO.R.A. View Post
Winter planning for a Father/Son trip in May in Moab area. 6 dirtbikes B and C riders 1 young novice (needing assistance in rough spots). One leg of our ADV. is doing the Entrada Bluffs area, going up and around the Top of the World loop, then hit the Koko down to Rose Garden Hill to Onion Creek out to Hwy. 128 where a sagwagon will pick up. Doing my reasearch this looks like a nice loop. In my circumstances is this loop common dirtbike loop, is R.G.H. downhill really brutal? My Lat40 maps show the section of Koko. after the top of world juntion is restricted to non motorized veh. only?
Any advice from inmates who have done this area many times would be appreciated.

Thanks, Greg
Its a great DB loop, RG hill and some of the ledges on TOTW will probably challenge you some but don't let that hold you back, it's a nice ride.

PM me an email if you need some tracks for it.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
pprO.R.A. OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks RF, I;ve seen alot of GOPRO footage (including yours) of TOTW, and looks easily doable ledge fun, but I cannot find DB video going down RG HILL, seen plenty of jeeps going up, but it looks like a long curving steep downhill boulder filled trail, that strikes me as fun!

I will PM you on details, thanks again.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #4
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprO.R.A. View Post
Thanks RF, I;ve seen alot of GOPRO footage (including yours) of TOTW, and looks easily doable ledge fun, but I cannot find DB video going down RG HILL, seen plenty of jeeps going up, but it looks like a long curving steep downhill boulder filled trail, that strikes me as fun!

I will PM you on details, thanks again.
Here it is.

Onion Creek

This is definately passable for you guys, depending on ability, you might have to help some of the less expierenced riders through that section though.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
pprO.R.A. OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Nice!

Pics give much better perspective, but as usaual they probably don't do it justice as to steepness and boulder size as if you were actually there. All I need are some tasty waves, some cool buds, and 3" wide line
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
pprO.R.A. OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Here it is.

This is definately passable for you guys, depending on ability, you might have to help some of the less expierenced riders through that section though.
Ouchie Mama, Boulders the size of dinning room tables.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
pprO.R.A. OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Anyone have pics or video footage of the KOKO section between TOTW and top of RG Hill ? I understand there is a bit of challenging hill climb at the end just before you reach RG Hill.
T.I.A.