Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #51601
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
Honda quit installing the zert fittings along with the fork oil drain bolts on the XR600 in the mid 90's. This was a labor/ cost savings issue. I got a set of '96 XR600 forks for Christian that didn't have the drain bolts. I just drilled and tapped the holes and installed the bolts.

I forget which year Honda quit doing the zert fittings for the XRL linkage. My '02 has them. The early XRL forks has the drain bolts.

On your RM250 since it's a RACE bike they don't come with them. If you drilled and tapped the linkage for them the problem is that there is no where for the grease to go. On the Honda XR/XRL the collar inside has a groove machined to accept the grease.
Thanks! Question answered.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #51602
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
Hey men!

Just catching up on the thread.... Lots of cool pictures from Spud!

3girls Dad... Looks like a great time putting all the goodies on! I'd like to ride with ya when and if I'm in Austin... Maybe we could have a group ride?

I received my old "L" back from CycleWizard this last week. Holy cow that is a talented man! That motor RIPS!!!!! He swapped the NX 2nd and 5th gears and am running 15/45 gearing, which is way too tall now. In fifth barely above idle I am rolling at 65-70 and there is most of the throttle to go. I'm gonna swap to a 14 front and see how that does... I may go ahead and order a 48 rear as well so I can swap them around and get te right gearing.

CW put a Flat Track cam, big valves and I think it's 724 now... All I could possibly ask for!

I have one issue that maybe the knowledgeable here could help with. I have a CRF front end, raised way up in the trees until the forks are almost hitting the bars and I think they may eed to go higher...I'll find some spacers and try to get another 1/2" or so.

In the rear, I have a stock shock with a lowering link. I usually run an Ohlins for a 600R, but it's still at Kyle racing. The 600R shock with a lowering link nets the same ride height as the 650L.

The problem is, at 68MPH the bars are swapping so bad it scares the crap out of me. I am guessing I have the stink bug action going on. I'd like to find a stock wishbone if anyone wants to trade for a Devol lowering link, I'd pay shipping for all of it. I have a Red one with no Zerk Grease fittings and a mill finish with the fittings... Take your pick. Both have fairly new bearings pressed in and are in great shape.

I am hoping the link and raising the forks will get rid of the headshake... I'd LOVE to see top speed with this gearing before I change it out.

Thanks for any input and assistance!

Braaaaap

Do you have a new 606 n the front? Those are scary!
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #51603
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
SWEEEEEET!!!!! Man that looks fantastic!

I like the ADV Monster Lights as well... It's gonna turn night into day!
I haven't gone out at night with the lights, except on the freeway coming home just after I installed them. Everything else has been daytime riding AND dirt. I'm very anxious to get them on the trails around here. I have exactly .17 miles to get to ridable dirt that will take me whereever I want to go.

I went walkabout this morning and this is what I saw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat View Post
Nice!!! How much does it weigh? Got any more shots of it, especially from the rider's point of view? Is that 1/4" thickness and what alloy? Really cool man.
I don't, but I can get some more pics. I haven't weighed the entire assy, but the brackets start with a steel anchor welded to the stem, then the tower brackets that go up to the roadbook. For the lights, there's an "anchor" that bolts into the tower brackets, and a flat plate alum that holds the lights, bolted to the "anchor."

With all the wiring removed:

And what's YET to be removed, plus loosing the stick speedo and all that junk, it may be a wash on weight. If someone has the deets on stock cockpit weights, I'm interested and I'll get some weights when I get done.

The tower brackets are 6061 1/8" alum. except for the steel stem anchor, everything else is milled or cut alum. Probably 6061.

Maybe someone noticed the easton pad... I got a set of bars installed with the pillow tops and grip donuts, and heated grips. I need to get some parts milled, or I may just purchase from HDB, the triple clamp top with all the mounting holes for the push button switches.

I'm going to have a sexy view when I get done with it. Then I'll have to get the frame cleaned, and when my motor gets back I'll get some vid. I got the RAM mounts for the GoPro also.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #51604
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigman View Post
Thanks John , it's been about 2 yr ordeal .

And to AZTom and whomever else is wondering about the seat concepts products .

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I'm prolly the Heaviest rider in this group ,

bout 3 and a 1/4 on a good day .

I can honestly say the S C seats provide way more comfort and support than OE .

On the street I would be in some kind of pain after 45mins to an hour and since the seat swap that time has at least tripled .

Thats a big ole something right there

The painsavers .

That is some good looking bike pron their. What is your inseam? That number will save me some grief as I am installing my CRFs, What are you running for spring weights? I have a 12.5 eiback for the rear, I will be having ESP revalve the front and respring it for me.

Marko, you are a good looking guy!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #51605
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Here's my rally tower I designed in Solidworks ...
Very nice, Jeremy!
Customization in it's truest form.
Solidworks has taken some market share from AutoCad over the years, eh?
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #51606
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
We had a little ride to eat(RTE) today. 53 inmates showed! ...
Damn, that is one motley crew!
Great success
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #51607
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Very nice, Jeremy!
Customization in it's truest form.
Solidworks has taken some market share from AutoCad over the years, eh?
THanks, I worked on that for about a year, mostly off, I think maybe about 10 hours of measuring and waiting, and measuring and staring.... FInally I get the set I decided on and of course there are some interference issues and one set of mounting holes are a CH off. My fault i'm sure.

When I started with SolidWorks, AutoCad didn't have 3d. I think my first version of SW was 2007. when I updated in 2009, I didn't know AutoCad had introduced 3d, but it didn't matter at that point. I'm frustrated though, that I can't export directly to DWG or DXF. I had to get my drawerings scaled by someone else before they went to print.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #51608
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 622
I'm looking to buy a set of Cycra Probend Racer Pack for 7/8" for the XRL,

anyone know of a killer deal on a set?
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #51609
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
flyingwombat, thanks for the HSR update. I will let you know how mine is going. Steve is doing it too.
Cool
Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #51610
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
James Renazco shaved my seat down and narrowed at the front. Helps my short ass greatly.
A inch wouldn't work for me. I had to shave my stock seat down a 1 to 1.5 inch in some areas. So I need the Renzco shaved 2.5 inches to work for me. I think that effect the comfort of the seat.
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #51611
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
I haven't gone out at night with the lights, except on the freeway coming home just after I installed them. Everything else has been daytime riding AND dirt. I'm very anxious to get them on the trails around here. I have exactly .17 miles to get to ridable dirt that will take me whereever I want to go.

I don't, but I can get some more pics. I haven't weighed the entire assy, but the brackets start with a steel anchor welded to the stem, then the tower brackets that go up to the roadbook. For the lights, there's an "anchor" that bolts into the tower brackets, and a flat plate alum that holds the lights, bolted to the "anchor."

And what's YET to be removed, plus loosing the stick speedo and all that junk, it may be a wash on weight. If someone has the deets on stock cockpit weights, I'm interested and I'll get some weights when I get done.

The tower brackets are 6061 1/8" alum. except for the steel stem anchor, everything else is milled or cut alum. Probably 6061.

Maybe someone noticed the easton pad... I got a set of bars installed with the pillow tops and grip donuts, and heated grips. I need to get some parts milled, or I may just purchase from HDB, the triple clamp top with all the mounting holes for the push button switches.

I'm going to have a sexy view when I get done with it. Then I'll have to get the frame cleaned, and when my motor gets back I'll get some vid. I got the RAM mounts for the GoPro also.

Cool. Make sure you measure your lower clamps to make sure the HDB top clamp will fit them. If not, you'll need the lower clamps too. Paul is a great guy to deal with.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #51612
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,214
Hot Legs

I'm running the FMF Power Bomb, & I have the small guard from FMF, but my right knew of my pants is toasted from hitting the exhaust. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #51613
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
I'm running the FMF Power Bomb, & I have the small guard from FMF, but my right knew of my pants is toasted from hitting the exhaust. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?

RZ Rob
My DRC Exhaust Heat Shield does a good job protecting my pants from my FMF Hi-Flo Exhaust Header.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod...-34000-00.aspx

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #51614
Barron
M0DAH0LIC

Oddometer: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post

RZ Rob
Can you post a pic? Placement may have something to do with the problem.

-Barron
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #51615
GlockPointer
NachosRiflesAlchohol

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigman View Post
Mine are raised also

Ya, raised in the 11oclock position into oncoming traffic is what I remember. Somethin about them usds.
GlockPointer is offline   Reply With Quote