Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #361
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
anyone care to give me an idea how much my bike is worth? I am thinking about selling it but just don't know what the damn thing would sell for?

Id take all the really fancy stuff off and sell it separately. Sell the bike for 15k. Maybe alittle more. I think you would be hard pressed to sell it for 20k (what is it probably worth as it stands now).
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #362
Motorfiets OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
Id take all the really fancy stuff off and sell it separately. Sell the bike for 15k. Maybe alittle more. I think you would be hard pressed to sell it for 20k (what is it probably worth as it stands now).
what fancy stuff?
Old 01-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #363
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 934
Quote:
anyone care to give me an idea how much my bike is worth? I am thinking about selling it but just don't know what the damn thing would sell for?

50 cents per domestic miles, and $1.50 per international miles. Or a penny per civil miles, and $5.00 per hardcore miles. I figure this calculation would put some good worth to your bike.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #364
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
Quote:

My guess, $9000.

Check Kelly Blue Book for a high milage, less than perfect condition bike, then take the sum of all your extra awesome parts and divide that by .25
That's what it's worth on paper IMO, not saying that's what someone will pay for it.

That is unless you find a buyer that wants YOUR awesome bike and is willing to pay whatever it is you think it's worth.

I recently saw a 2 year old 8GS with 6000 miles, still in warranty, some extras, that looked like it never saw even a gravel road for $10,000

You want to come do that thing we were talking about, you'll be glad you're not on that bike even with your skills.... trust me.

Looking forward to what you have in mind next Ben.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #365
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
My guess, $9000.

Check Kelly Blue Book for a high milage, less than perfect condition bike, then take the sum of all your extra awesome parts and divide that by .25
That's what it's worth on paper IMO, not saying that's what someone will pay for it.

That is unless you find a buyer that wants YOUR awesome bike and is willing to pay whatever it is you think it's worth.

I recently saw a 2 year old 8GS with 6000 miles, still in warranty, some extras, that looked like it never saw even a gravel road for $10,000

You want to come do that thing we were talking about, you'll be glad you're not on that bike even with your skills.... trust me.

Was giggling last week Finn, when I came across this at Fort Bliss Army Post, TX ..... He he...

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #366
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Well if you part it out you may recoup some monies but it is a labor of love not making money... sucks! I fully knew that I would be retaining my bike till I break it completely when I dove into the $$$. What's the reason for selling?
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #367
F800ekelley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:

WHY DID U NOT TRY TO SELL IT 4 month ago i would have bought.... My buddy is looking to buy one pm me what ur asking for it
F800ekelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #368
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,070
Ben's coming out !!!

yep I think Bens going to play for the other team oops!!! that didn't sound right, Ok let try this, I think Ben's is coming out of

the closet-- NOOOO!!!! that don't sound rite either Ok how;s about this, We have photographic proof that Ben cheated,we've

seen all the ORANGE on the F 800, I think that Ben closet Orange kool-aid drinker & OC lurker, I think he has a illness that once

bitten there is no known cure for

YEP!!! that's it BEN'S going to a KTM 990 adventure!!!!!

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #369
Motorfiets OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
My guess, $9000. thanks!

You want to come do that thing we were talking about, you'll be glad you're not on that bike even with your skills my skills ------ > .... trust me.

I'm in the planning stages of that actually!! watching Dakar this year has me really wanting a smaller bike...

next up is actually a KTM 450... BUT rally spec'ed... I am setting my next goal to be Santiago Chile at the end of the Dakar rally... sound too big of a dream? ... I don't think so... I've set my mind to a lot of things and I figured in two years I'll be graduated and that'll be the perfect year to race Dakar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin4melife View Post
Well if you part it out you may recoup some monies but it is a labor of love not making money... sucks! I fully knew that I would be retaining my bike till I break it completely when I dove into the $$$. What's the reason for selling?
see above

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800ekelley View Post
WHY DID U NOT TRY TO SELL IT 4 month ago i would have bought.... My buddy is looking to buy one pm me what ur asking for it
have your buddy PM me...

now... I've been told today by my best friend that I wasn't allowed to sell my 800.... ever... also took my mom to lunch and she told me not to ever sell it either... asked the girlfriend... she said... "but you LOVE your motorcycle.... who knows what I will do... in the mean time I'm gonna prep in for Sandblast Rally pending how my paycheck looks Tuesday...
Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #370
Motorfiets OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 01-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #371
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
That's just awesome news Ben!

You've got a start with the blue headlight...

Orange is so.... Orange.

you need one of these....

Sell the GS to help finance your next dream, it's appropriate time in life has come and now gone, you'll get over it...

This photo of mine could be us next fall, you need to train for Dakar in Baja....

Cool ebrabaek, thanks for thinking of me!

What the hell does Chicago know about BBQ though.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #372
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,026
Don't sell it! If I were you that bike would be getting handed down to my son or grandson one day with the story of the ATW trip. But hell I never sell bikes if I can help it, still kicking myself for selling a couple of my past bikes. You really should come ride in Baja though. That is one of my favorite parts of living in San Diego.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #373
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,346
Quote:

Cool ebrabaek, thanks for thinking of me!

What the hell does Chicago know about BBQ though.
I know right.... I tend to focus on the words of interest, and filter the other out......Chicago.... Not so much....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #374
Motorfiets OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
That's just awesome news Ben!

You've got a start with the blue headlight... as much as I would love to! I would actually prefer a blue headlight.... BUT I work at a ktm dealership and so parts are pretty cheap in comparision to something we don't carry in house...

Orange is so.... Orange. so true

you need one of these....

Sell the GS to help finance your next dream, it's appropriate time in life has come and now gone, you'll get over it...

so you saying I should? or shouldn't?

This photo of mine could be us next fall, you need to train for Dakar in Baja....

Like I said I'm working the details out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canadian View Post
Don't sell it! If I were you that bike would be getting handed down to my son or grandson one day with the story of the ATW trip. But hell I never sell bikes if I can help it, still kicking myself for selling a couple of my past bikes. You really should come ride in Baja though. That is one of my favorite parts of living in San Diego.
ya.... the bike would make a great bike to keep around forever.... talk about one happy kid receiving a prior RTW bike... thing is... I won't push my future kids into bikes... I want them to discover them on their own... that's not saying I won't highly actively facilitate!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #375
SportFaller
Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

Oddometer: 664
Can I have the rekluse first?

I've been thinking of downsizing to a KTM 500 exc as well, and putting neduros rally fairing on it (ultimate dualsport), and wonder about the value of my 800, an '11 with only 4,500 miles and about every mod....

Its a hard thing, buying bikes, building them up, and deciding you want something else.

IMHOP, I think you should hang onto it, simply because of the history you two have...
SportFaller is offline   Reply With Quote