Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #5836
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,314
Neat video!.......on the front of his helmet it said Honda........Didn't know Honda made helmets?........did another manufacturer produce those?...is so...which one?....I like his helmet!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #5837
Jetstreamer
Sandlapper Brapper

Oddometer: 192
Looks like a "Simpson" helmet if I'm not mistaken.

2009 XT250
Jetstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #5838
grubbie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Impatiently waiting for a picture of OBryan's SL70.......wish I still had mine.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #5839
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer View Post
Looks like a "Simpson" helmet if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you....costly no-doubt.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #5840
OBryan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Hey Grubbie..Will try to get a pic up as soon as I can...OH and I have the bigger boy version LOL It's the 100
OBryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #5841
OBryan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMS View Post
OBryan, I too have a GZ [08], of my three bikes I seem to ride it the most. Its my mini tourer, with a Givi 30L on the Suzuki backrest/ rack [cut the backrest off] also has Tourmaster soft saddle bags and if needed a Tourmaster Tank bag. I do enjoy riding with this set up. The trips are more fun with time to see where I been and where I'm going.Glad to see someone else enjoys the merits of this bike. Terry [CMS]
AWESOME another person who appreciates the lil GZ... Back in sept me and a buddy took a weekend camping trip to Bourbon Mo. to watch AHRMA races for the weekend.. Got some looks pulling in loaded up Me on the GZ and him on his Super Sherpa. The looks we got I don't think those guys rezlize that a Small bike Will do the job
OBryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #5842
leftfield123
leftfield123

Oddometer: 38
What about electrical output?

First, let me admit that I've only gotten to about page 25 so I might have missed this info. I currently live in Istanbul and want to get a bike asap. Lots of them here, but few bigger than 150s. I'm looking for something I can tour Turkey and Southern Europe on and would like to find a Japanese 250 dual sport for lots of reasons. Gas here is pushing $12 a gallon and bikes here can cost up to 80% more than in the States. Add to than the extra costs involved and a small bike makes lots of sense. So, will bikes like the KR250 or the DR 200 put out enough electrical power to allow heated gear or a GPS?
leftfield123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #5843
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfield123 View Post
First, let me admit that I've only gotten to about page 25 so I might have missed this info. I currently live in Istanbul and want to get a bike asap. Lots of them here, but few bigger than 150s. I'm looking for something I can tour Turkey and Southern Europe on and would like to find a Japanese 250 dual sport for lots of reasons. Gas here is pushing $12 a gallon and bikes here can cost up to 80% more than in the States. Add to than the extra costs involved and a small bike makes lots of sense. So, will bikes like the KR250 or the DR 200 put out enough electrical power to allow heated gear or a GPS?
the DR200 only generates a maximum of 150 watts. It's not enough for continuous duty use with an heated vest.

windigo
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #5844
larry31
Back Roads Explorer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfield123 View Post
GPS and like should be no problem if it's not pulling more than 1 or 2 amps max.

Heated clothing would most likely be to much. I ride a 1990 Honda NX250, and wired some heated gloves to it.
Could only pull half the normal heat with engine running over 1000 rpm.

Best to use high tech clothing and skip the electrical heated stuff. There's plenty of thermal underwear, jackets, pants etc that will take cooler temperatures.
larry31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #5845
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,671
A typical GPS pulls far less than an amp, especially if it's an outdoor/hiking-type GPS.

windigo
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #5846
micksing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
good to see

Glad I found this thread, I am sick to death of people on bike forums saying you need a fully blown super gzrxywsa widowmaker to do any riding outside the town limits, I have a suzuki gn250 that i have set up for travelling & have done thousands of miles on it with no problems, it just comes down to riding the bike to the conditions, Will post some pics later
micksing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #5847
algo_38
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hello,

I'm French and I love the site ADV rider.
I have a XLR125RW I also turned into a minimalist traveler.
I have not yet done so trip but it will be soon.
Thank you for these pages.

algo_38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #5848
FMFDOC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksing View Post
Glad I found this thread, I am sick to death of people on bike forums saying you need a fully blown super gzrxywsa widowmaker to do any riding outside the town limits, I have a suzuki gn250 that i have set up for travelling & have done thousands of miles on it with no problems, it just comes down to riding the bike to the conditions, Will post some pics later

Welcome!

Don't forget, you can't leave the asphalt on anything but a GS with 500 pounds of extra crap on it.

Standing by for pics...
ANY WAY YOU CAN! http://youtu.be/Gg_G-NeSmW0
FMFDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #5849
CMS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksing View Post

Looking forward to the pictures. CMS
VSRI
CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #5850
micksing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
how do you post pics

how do you post pics on this forum ???
micksing is offline   Reply With Quote