Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
Evomx971 OP
Planning Next Ride

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkins View Post

If you head out west, I highly encourage a few days in and around Marfa. Depending on your personal preferences, you could stay at the Thunderbird (hip, cool), Paisano (old school comfort), El Cosmico (artsy, funky) or Riata Inn (boring...). Wherever you stay, spend a day just wandering the town. Art museums and galleries, a great coffee shop/laundromat, restaurants ranging from the down home to haute cuisine. For a town of 2000 in the middle of nowhere, it is incomparable. Also, great day rides to Big Bend National Park (via Presidio and the River Road) and the Davis Mountains loop (which James Dean would drive in his Porsche every night during filming on the movie "Giant"). One warning, the town is slow and many places closed Mon-Wed. Fridays and Saturdays are best.

Wherever you roam, enjoy your adventure!
Thanks!!! Everyone keeps telling me about Big Bend so it's definitely going to be a part of my "Wander"... I thought it was funny, I asked Mike-in-the-big-hat at Hondo's what was at Big Bend and he said "there's nothing, and a whole bunch of it". Then he went on to tell me it's hard to explain Big Bend, but just that "don't take me as some sort of fruit loop, but the place is 'spiritual', you know?"

I hope to find out!
What Next Wander Tour http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853663
Evomx971 is offline   Reply With Quote