Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #1351
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
Spoke with the P.O. He sold it to a guy in Illinois. That's a Illinois plate you can see in the CL picture. I suppose it's possible the 2nd owner moved to Cali and traded it in?
The second owner sold it in IL over a year ago it was in the MOA fleamarket.DB
Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #1352
GS Dave
Chicken Farmer

Oddometer: 3,020
why dont I have 6300$

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for? Gimli Lord of the Rings
GS Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #1353
oldtouring B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
If you see one of these..

There are 4 or 5 ads right now on eBay trying to sell liners as jackets!! One seller said that this is the perfect lightweight jacket for protection! If you see one of these ask a question and see if you can educate the idiot..
oldtouring B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #1354
Mr. G
Normal Dude

Oddometer: 1,684
Already been flagged for removal.

If it sounds too good to be true (especially with sidecars) it usually is.

I think I remember seeing that one on eBay a while back. I bid $11k on it but seem to recall being beat out by a couple of thousand.

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #1355
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,555
Based on the e-mail response that sh1bby69 posted above, this is OBVIOUSLY a Nigerian-style scam.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #1356
jlsworks
Acid Stained

Oddometer: 792
This is the email reply I got back from the 2004 GSA+sidecar ad above on Craigslist...

"Thank you for your interest in our 2004 BMW R1150GSA, this bike is ready for you. This bike has never been into any accidents and has a clean carfax. There is no damage evident on this bike. The engine on this bike is running properly. This bike has no known defects. The mileage represented on this bike is accurate. There are no signs of prior damage on this bike. There are no noticeable dings on the exterior of this bike. All power equipment is functioning properly. Overall, this bike's exterior is clean. This bike just passed the Safety Inspection and drives excellent.

It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registered into your name at any time.

Thank you!

Mr: Henry Valentine
Sales Department
Consignment Services Team
www.consignment-services.com"
jlsworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #1357
sh1bby69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Ive tried searching a BBB info on the company and fpund nothing yet they have the BBB logo on the bottom of their website.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #1358
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,411
Too Obviously a scam
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #1359
MichaelB
Wanna Be Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Gs

Here is the response I got from "consignment-services.com" on the GS with the sidecar. Quite an elaborate scam.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting Consignment Services. Our records shows that we have a customer Henry Valentine (hvalentine6@gmail.com) selling a 2004 BMW R1150GSA With Ural Sidecar for $6,300.00 on Craigslist.

We also confirm that the above specified item is in our possession and we are handling the shipping, payment and title transfer for this transaction.

You can view the item at www.consignment-services.com click the inventory tab and user the stock number: 66543LIY

Items sold on Craigslist are not available for pick up from our stores. Large items like vehicles, RV's, boats, etc, are being held at our warehouses and will be shipped anywhere in the United States for the price listed on Craigslist or the final price negotiated with the seller.

You have to send a Down Payment of %25 from the sale price prior shipping. As soon as we have the Down Payment confirmation we will start the shipping procedure. The payment must be made using Money Gram to one of Amazon Payment agents. For more informations please visit: Amazon Payments.
If you would like to start a transaction to purchase the above specified item, you must first Register on our website. After the registration is complete and all the information are verified with the seller, we will start the shipping process then we will send you an invoice with the transaction details and payment instructions. In your invoice you will find specific instructions on how to send the payment to one of our Consignment Services Agents. The payment will be made ONLY after the item is received and verified by our customers. You will have a 10 Day Money Back Guarantee available from the day you receive the item and you can decide if the item is exactly as described by the seller. If you find anything wrong with the item, you can return it with no questions asked.

Along with the invoice, you will receive a Transaction ID# which you can use to verify your transaction status here. You can also find important information about your transaction by checking your transaction online.

We hope this answers your query. For other questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Eric J. Harwell
Consignment Services Trust and Safety Department
Consignment Services, LLC

Blog: www.consignmentservices.wordpress.com
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #1360
hdgypsyman
Part Time Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Address on Web Site

There is a physical address on their web site:

Consignment Services Headquarters
601 N Highway 175,
Seagoville, TX 75159

It would be interesting to have someone check that address to see what is not there!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #1361
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgypsyman View Post
There is a physical address on their web site:

Consignment Services Headquarters
601 N Highway 175,
Seagoville, TX 75159

It would be interesting to have someone check that address to see what is not there!
Google shows several business at that address. Most telling is the UPS drop box business. prolly just one of those places where anyone can get a street address and pickup mail in thier private mailbox for a fee. Don't you want to deposit your money in the bank at the same address?

• Home Bank

www.homebanktx.com/Cached - Similar
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    HomeBank Texas ........where exceptional customer service is a tradition! ... 601 N. Hwy 175. Seagoville, Texas 75159. Tel: (972) 287-2030. Fax: (972) 287-2476 ...

• UPS Drop Box - Seagoville, 601 N Highway 175 TX 75159 - Hours ...

www.forlocations.com ... UPS Drop Box Seagoville, TXCached
    UPS Drop Box - Seagoville, 601 N Highway 175 TX 75159 store hours, location, reviews, phone number and map with driving directions.

• About Us - iConsign Depot

www.iconsign-depot.com/DropShopISAPI.../about_us.htmlCached
    601 N Highway 175, Seagoville, TX 75159 ... The original store opened in Seagoville, TX in December, 2003 to help people sell their quality merchandise in the ...
  • jbcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #1362
    O'B
    Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,090
    That sidecar was for sale last summer on craigslist Spokane for months . I think he had it listed for $15000. I contacted him about it and he told me he bought a Ural because of the snow and ice during the winters. If you really want to buy it go to the wharehouse location and check it out. The only way this is legit is if it was a repo. Sounds like a scam and I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch over the add.
    O'B is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #1364
    RidingDonkeys
    Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,382
    http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/3465312586.html

This guy has been listing this one for a while now. It's a pretty sidecar, but I think he's asking a bit much. After about 6 months of listing it, he might be ready to move on his price now.

If anybody is interested, I'll be in Greensboro next weekend and could take a look for you.

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
    RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #1365
    Bar None
    Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,236
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
    This guy has been listing this one for a while now. It's a pretty sidecar, but I think he's asking a bit much. After about 6 months of listing it, he might be ready to move on his price now.
    If anybody is interested, I'll be in Greensboro next weekend and could take a look for you.
    RD,
    That is nice looking and simple sidecar. The price might be fine if it is pristine and some one wanted to attach it to a airhead. Plug and go has it's advantages.
    2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P sidecar
    2015 Ural cT on order
    Bar None is offline   Reply With Quote