User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 155 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #28216
Patriot4570
Trail Blaster

Oddometer: 2,668
My bullet molds have come in handy just finished casting some 200 SWC bullets for my Goverment Model.Going to cast some .40 caliber bullets tomorrow.

Douglas Mac Arthur
Patriot4570 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #28217
Daamud
AAAAAYYY!

Oddometer: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Just picked this up.
Blackhawk Size 2 is a good cheap holster for that. Without anything on the rail.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #28218
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
I saw what you did there...
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #28219
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
My latest aquisition...

Sabre defense lower with an American Gold Trigger... JP 18" Upper.
Leupold VX-6 1-6x24

'Should serve well as my primary 3-Gun rifle

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits...
3990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #28220
cms81586
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTvfr View Post
These guys are just down the street. They've always been higher $$$ than all other local shops, but have a decent inventory. I'll have to swing by and take another look!
Yeah they're typically overpriced. I have a friend that works there and he's been giving me a heads up when stuff comes in stock...even though I'm in AZ now. The good news is they're consistent...and while they were overpriced before the panic...they are now a bargain as they haven't jacked up their prices any more than normal. Got two sequentially serial numbered Stag lowers for $150/each. I'm not complaining. Now I can build an AR for my father in law. Of course he didn't want an AR until after all the ban talk started...so now it's going to be much harder to find the parts to build one for him. Glad already got mine built years ago. Here's the most recent...registered stamped SBR for those worried about it being "too short"...as are the suppressors...

Old 01-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #28221
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Depends on what you want.....Don't you hate those answers.

I like the P1, it has a little more history going for it, ammo is going to be a little more easy to find....however I will not fire anything more than 115 grain in mine no matter what others may say....so that is a little hard to find these days.

The CZ could be used as a CCW if that need is there, but while it would not be my first choice as there are better guns out there, but in its price bracket I do know that people use it for that.

The ammo for the CZ is going to be a little more crazy, and I know of no american company that makes it....if the world keeps going nutty, who knows if imports will still happen.

If it was me, as I have other guns I would take the P1, If I was on a budget and wanted something to carry I would take the CZ.

I'm now leaning towards the CZ for my first C&R. My reasoning is that the CZ supplies are starting to dry up, whereas the P1s look like they will still be around later. Also, the P1s I see currently do not have the pinned frame, so I may as well hold out for that feature. Als, the CZ is almost a hundred bucks cheaper... I do appreciate your comments.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #28222
CodeMonkee
Geek Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,007
Cry

Decided I am going to sell my AR-50 and one other of my rifles.

I had always wanted a .50 BMG so I got one a couple of years ago, but there is no place to shoot it around here. The only club that had a range to shoot it (only 600 yards) shut it down for .50 BMG due to safety concerns (they are "evaluating") and the only other range is hundreds of miles away. So that leaves going over into the desert someplace on the dryside and shooting on public land - which pretty much means it won't happen either (too lazy and too much time).

I didn't even get a scope for it - that was the other thing; I wanted a good long range scope and that would have been another $2K.

I just decided that I have better things to put my money into now that I have a house and shop and land, and I would not get around to shooting this rifle until I retire (probably at least another 5 years now that I have a mortgage).

Oh well...
Not all who wander are lost
CodeMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #28223
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonkee View Post
Decided I am going to sell my AR-50 and one other of my rifles.

I had always wanted a .50 BMG so I got one a couple of years ago, but there is no place to shoot it around here.

Oh well...
Back when that was my only bushiness I built a fair amount of 50's. I heard the same thing many times, no place to shoot them and the cost (cheap compared to now), Plus the fun meter dims pretty fast with a little range time.
You picked a good time.
Gary
Gas Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #28224
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanCT View Post
I'm now leaning towards the CZ for my first C&R. My reasoning is that the CZ supplies are starting to dry up, whereas the P1s look like they will still be around later. Also, the P1s I see currently do not have the pinned frame, so I may as well hold out for that feature. Als, the CZ is almost a hundred bucks cheaper... I do appreciate your comments.
Sources for both are getting thin, and who knows what the future brings.

The CZ is a GREAT little gun...little on the heavy side, double action...that funky poly-whatever the heck barrel and not regular rifling.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #28225
CodeMonkee
Geek Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Hog View Post
Back when that was my only bushiness I built a fair amount of 50's. I heard the same thing many times, no place to shoot them and the cost (cheap compared to now), Plus the fun meter dims pretty fast with a little range time.
You picked a good time.
Gary
The main thing is that there is no place to shoot it safely - not at the distance they are meant to shoot at - IMO 600 yards is minimal for that rifle and would not be a whole lot of fun. My original intention was to keep it until I retired and then go in search of a place to shoot it when I had nothing but time on my hands.

But yeah, for the cost, unless a person has the time and place to shoot it and liked to shoot at really long distances with really large cartridges, it probably wouldn't be as fun as just plinking with a .22 (my fave).

I don't know about it being a good time to sell - everybody wants an AR-15 or AK or something like that. Few people want a 50 BMG. But we'll see...

I am not inclined to get a table or go hauling it around a gun show so I guess I will put a sign on my back while hauling around the other rifle at a gun show.
Not all who wander are lost
CodeMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #28226
tcs06
The Clueless Wonder

Oddometer: 238
SS Blackhawk 45 Colt

Newest addition to my collection. Tough to find in this configuration and this one is used but nearly pristine condition. Can't wait to get it dirty!
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
tcs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #28227
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Oddometer: 13,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs06 View Post

Newest addition to my collection. Tough to find in this configuration and this one is used but nearly pristine condition. Can't wait to get it dirty!
Funny, it looks just like my single six. Nice to see a revolver amongst all the semi autos.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #28228
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,349
The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

A couple of years ago, I put this together for my former commanding officer in Vietnam:

I posted these photos when I did a ride tale about taking the trip from NC to WI. Sorry for the duplications.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #28229
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
love the "bomb disneyland"
Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #28230
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs06 View Post

I think the stainless steel Ruger single actions are wonderful handguns. That one is particularly desireable. And I agree with the guy who posted above...it is nice to see these amongst the sea of steel stampings and plastic that dominate the market today.
'10 California Scooter (my Baja Blaster!)
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: