ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,388
Shunka, I am sacraficing my liver in an attempt to help. I have six 22oz empties for you. I have determined that while I like arogant bastard, double bastard is not to my liking. The smoked porter however is like goodness all the way through. . I'll keep sacraficing until we do the bottling.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
Shunka OP
Supervision Required

Oddometer: 3,272
Sweet. Bottles always come in handy. If you like the Smoked Porter add it to the marinade for the meat next time you make chili. Pour the rest into the pot to simmer.

I'm going to call the brew place this week. Super busy today with school back in session.

Stay Tuned!
Shunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #18
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Watching the game on Saturday, I plowed through two of the 22oz bottles. Got up to P an WHOA, light headed. Had to look at the labels. Damn 7.7% and 8.7%, no wonder I was

Another couple and I woulda done a BigTodd .

F*CK CANCER
Old 01-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #19
Shunka OP
Supervision Required

Sorry I haven't posted about this in a while. I wanted to give everyone an update. The place in HB that I was thinking about using I just don't think is up to par with what I am willing to risk. I'm going to look into a few other places but if we do this it could wind up being in my kitchen a batch at a time. (cheaper that way too)

Let me know what you all think. I'm gonna check on one more place though before committing to doing this at home though.

I'm just not willing to risk the quality of our beer. I'm going to do it right or not at all.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #20
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunka View Post
Sorry I haven't posted about this in a while. I wanted to give everyone an update. The place in HB that I was thinking about using I just don't think is up to par with what I am willing to risk. I'm going to look into a few other places but if we do this it could wind up being in my kitchen a batch at a time. (cheaper that way too)

Let me know what you all think. I'm gonna check on one more place though before committing to doing this at home though.

I'm just not willing to risk the quality of our beer. I'm going to do it right or not at all.
I don't drink SKUNK BEER! Did that in college. Quality is Key for me.

I am unavailable one weekend in Feb, family in town. I will post up when I know which weekend they will be here.

F*CK CANCER
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #21
El Zorrillo
charity case

Oddometer: 737
i have a couple of diving friends who are very good home brewers, i've had many of their different styles of beers. i'm sure at least one of them or both would be happy to help out if it comes down to the DIY home-style stuff. keep us updated on what's going on.
El Zorrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #22
Shunka OP
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
I don't drink SKUNK BEER! Did that in college. Quality is Key for me.

I am unavailable one weekend in Feb, family in town. I will post up when I know which weekend they will be here.
Me either and some reviews on Yelp didn't make me feel comfortable. One or two okay but there was much more than that. Life is to short to drink crappy beer, and I sure as hell ain't going to make it that way if I can avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zorrillo View Post
i have a couple of diving friends who are very good home brewers, i've had many of their different styles of beers. i'm sure at least one of them or both would be happy to help out if it comes down to the DIY home-style stuff. keep us updated on what's going on.
The biggest problem I'm going to have with doing it at my place is the equipment to make a lot. I can only store about 10gal and we need 20. I have a 5 burner stove so that should be sufficient. (I HOPE!).

P.S. I got your message and will give you call after work.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #23
bdarling
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:

The biggest problem I'm going to have with doing it at my place is the equipment to make a lot. I can only store about 10gal and we need 20. I have a 5 burner stove so that should be sufficient. (I HOPE!)
Careful you don't buy yourself another new stove...I witnessed the results of your last boil over.

You kids have fun with Uncle Mike!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #24
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
Me either and some reviews on Yelp didn't make me feel comfortable. One or two okay but there was much more than that. Life is to short to drink crappy beer, and I sure as hell ain't going to make it that way if I can avoid it.

The biggest problem I'm going to have with doing it at my place is the equipment to make a lot. I can only store about 10gal and we need 20. I have a 5 burner stove so that should be sufficient. (I HOPE!).

P.S. I got your message and will give you call after work.
What do you need to crank out 20 gallons? Another Carboy or two? + what?

PS, I am half way through another case of 22s!!!!!

F*CK CANCER
Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #25
Shunka OP
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
What do you need to crank out 20 gallons? Another Carboy or two? + what?

PS, I am half way through another case of 22s!!!!!
At the very least. I have 2. Could use another 2. An extra wort pot would come in handy as well. If anyone is brewing that has these things and would like to come it would work well. Or if anyone is seriously thinking about brewing themselves and wanted to pick up these things...

I tried a carboy and it blew off the bung and yes I used a bubbler. Now I prefer the large fermenting buckets. No mess!

Oh and if anyone has any 5 ga kegs those would be better than the bottling. If not we'll just have a bottling party too!

Shunka screwed with this post 01-17-2013 at 11:32 AM
Old 01-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #26
Shunka OP
Supervision Required

Okay, I'm not going to be able to make the DV meet. I can still make the beer if everyone is still up for it and someone can transport. PM me if you are still interested in brewing.