Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #24676
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw scout View Post
Picking this beauty up on Monday

Just 900 miles and set up about perfect.
Wow...way nice bike

It doesn't matter when the chain was done...if/when it needs it, do it
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #24677
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw scout View Post
Picking this beauty up on Monday

Just 900 miles and set up about perfect.
Wow!! You scored on that!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #24678
singletrak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
I checked the free sag on my 06 TE610 and it is close to 2 inches. I have the race sag set at 4-1/4 inches. I think that the stock spring (6.4) is too stiff for my weight (185lbs). How do I determine what rate spring that I need? At this point I use the bike for day trips without any luggage.

Do I need to look for a Sachs spring only or are there other springs that might work?

Singletrak
singletrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #24679
Indy Unlimited
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,278
Stock forks are 0.52 kg and rear is 6.4 kg
You most likely need .0.48s and 5.8 springs

Call Les Tinius:

Les Tinius
LT Racing
Mail: les@lt-racing.com
Web: www.lt-racing.com
Phone: 360-871-2259

He can get you the right rear spring and if you send him the shock he can revalve for your riding style and normal riding conditions

He is an old suspension guru and specializes in Huskies.

2013 Ducati Hypermotard SP, 2011 Husaberg FE570S, 2011 BMW S1000RR, 2010 BMW F800GS
2007 Husqvarna TE610 , 2003 KTM 525 MXC

Indy Unlimited screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 08:10 PM
Indy Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #24680
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Unlimited View Post
Stock forks are 0.52 kg and rear is 6.4 kg
You most likely need .0.48s and 5.8 springs

Call Les Tinius:

Les Tinius
LT Racing
Mail: les@lt-racing.com
Web: www.lt-racing.com
Phone: 360-871-2259

He can get you the right rear spring and if you send him the shock he can revalve for your riding style and normal riding conditions

He is an old suspension guru and specializes in Huskies.
+1 Les did my suspension and it was a huge improvement. Best money I have spent on the bike. Les was great to work with and did a quick turn around. Great Guy.

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #24681
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan View Post
+1 Les did my suspension and it was a huge improvement. Best money I have spent on the bike. Les was great to work with and did a quick turn around. Great Guy.

Dan
Yeah +1 more. I could not be happier with the work Les did to my 610.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #24682
Dr Klaun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
So, after a season of setting up and getting to know my 610 through various single and multi-day rides, I decided to get the big Safari tank, as I found myself always hunting for the next gas stop (and having issues with many of these small town places not having any...)

It showed up yesterday! (Sorry no pic's yet.)

I'm probably a couple of weeks out on getting this installed, but I was wondering if the in-the-tank foam products would be beneficial with this much fuel sloshing around? Anyone use this stuff? They seem to sell it in various sizes / volumes - how much would the 6.6 gal tank need? Also seems kinda spendy for small bits of foam....

Thanks!

96 R1100RSL (red)
08 TE610
Dr Klaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #24683
Indy Unlimited
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,278
I have run G-Zero foam blocks in my 5 gallon IMS tanks for 5 years.
Absolutely worth it. Last forever. No break down or clogging of filters. No loss in volume and no sloshing!

2013 Ducati Hypermotard SP, 2011 Husaberg FE570S, 2011 BMW S1000RR, 2010 BMW F800GS
2007 Husqvarna TE610 , 2003 KTM 525 MXC
Indy Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #24684
Dr Klaun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Unlimited View Post
I have run G-Zero foam blocks in my 5 gallon IMS tanks for 5 years.
Absolutely worth it. Last forever. No break down or clogging of filters. No loss in volume and no sloshing!

Thanks! Seems per the reviews of this stuff it would be beneficial. Any issues of these blocks around the fuel pump to be concerned with?

Thanks!

96 R1100RSL (red)
08 TE610
Dr Klaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #24685
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 747
tank vent?

I haven't got my TE610 all sorted out because of subframe repair. I haven't ridden it to see how much the leak is a problem. I have a question about the tank vent. I have a 2006 and I have read many complaints about weeping fuel when overfilled. One solution was an aftermarket fuel cap with the vent installed up high. I was wondering if my idea would work. To install one of these vent valves to the original vent fitting on a hose located high on the handlebars above the level of the tank.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...alve/tank+vent

I have searched but have only found where one person might try this approach but no feedback. This should work shouldn't it? It shouldn't be any different than attaching it to the cap should it?
2008 SYM HD200

duanew1 screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 01:02 PM
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #24686
nw scout
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
First ride today

Boy is thing going to be fun

Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #24687
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew1 View Post
I haven't got my TE610 all sorted out because of subframe repair. I haven't ridden it to see how much the leak is a problem. I have a question about the tank vent. I have a 2006 and I have read many complaints about weeping fuel when overfilled. One solution was an aftermarket fuel cap with the vent installed up high. I was wondering if my idea would work. To install one of these vent valves to the original vent fitting on a hose located high on the handlebars above the level of the tank.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...alve/tank+vent

I have searched but have only found where one person might try this approach but no feedback. This should work shouldn't it? It shouldn't be any different than attaching it to the cap should it?
I got tired of filling my tank and having a cup of gas drool all over my 07 so I put these on the tank vent nipples.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...-Cap-Vent-Hose

I routed them forward and up to the bars where I have them clipped to the front brake hose. Pretty much the same thing as you're talking about, but with slightly different implementation.

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #24688
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonXX View Post
I got tired of filling my tank and having a cup of gas drool all over my 07 so I put these on the tank vent nipples.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...-Cap-Vent-Hose

I routed them forward and up to the bars where I have them clipped to the front brake hose. Pretty much the same thing as you're talking about, but with slightly different implementation.
Thanks for the reply and info. I still think that I will use one of those stubby aluminum vent valves ran up high hidden behind the fairing.
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #24689
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Update on Rekluse Z Start Pro in 2009 TE610

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
Here's a link to the complete thread on CafeHusky.
http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/ins...4/#post-263773

If I'd had any experience with Rekluse Z-start pro before, it would have been a simple, issue free installation. Still I was able to fumble through it in a day including three tuning tweaks of about an hour each. Result, Extremely light clutch disengagement via the clutch lever. Bike sits still at idle, starts rolling immediatly with appliation of throttle. Snapping the throttle open from standing still is pretty much like you would do manually EXCEPT YOU HAVE ALL FINGERS ON THE HANDLE BAR. In a tight woods or rock section, that alone is worth the ALL IN price of $639 (including shipping). Best part is you don't have to suffer the tuning tweaks if you've got a 2009 TE610. The clutch is a STOCK Rekluse part, RMS-856 It's packaged for the Husky WR250 2stroke, plus TC, TE and TXC 450/510 from 2006 - 2010. Rekluse didn't even know the TE610 existed when they released this clutch, and since their market is more geared to motocross and endurocross, the 610 has remained off their radar screen. Despite what I've read elsewhere, they were VERY helpful during the three calls I placed before buying, and they are quite interested in what I learned during the install.

Everything about a heavy bike is easier if you have both hands FULLY on the bars. It actually "feels" lighter in the tight stuff.

Thirty day love it or return it guarantee is hard to argue with... try one.
Here's a little more on the Zstart Pro in 2009 TE610. I LOVE THIS THING!!!!
Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I love the thing! Just ran a long DualSport, and Rekluse made a tremendous difference. I was able to keep all four fingers of left hand on the bars. Lots of square edged roots, ruts, etc. Now that the parts have worn in, the engagement is a little diffferent. My idle is about 1450 normal temp, and the bike will stand still, but as soon as it reads 1500, it is trying to move. This gives engine braking just like stock with the clutch lever out. During the DS event, 80degrees outside, engine was significantly hotter, and idle was closer to 1800; therefore it was very hard to find neutral. Not a big deal as the bike will crank in gear if you pull the clutch in. I geared down for the event 14t front 47t rear (stock is 15-45). With all the 610's engine braking, and gearing that low, the throttle is very touchy in first. A slight roll off is like grabbing the brake, and slight roll-on lunges the bike forward. It's just too much of a seesaw effect, and made it nearly impossible to get a "flow" going in the tight woods. (rather exhausting) Late in day, I quit first gear, left it in second and let the Rekluse apply power to the rear. Even when I locked the rear, and had to stop to negotiate a turn or ditch, I left it in second gear. I'll open the case this week and measure plate end gap to see if I wore much clutch material, but I did check the clutch lever end play at 4000RPM (part of setup), and it hadn't changed. I am going to change the springs again to get a higher engagement RPM. My goal is to get a little less engine braking. An old Enduro rider who's had autoclutches for years said he sets up for near freewheeling at zero throttle, and just uses the rear brake. I like a little engine braking, but his idea has merit. If this was a 250, or maybe a two stroke engine, I would probably set up for complete clutch disengagement to somewhere just above idle, and mount a left hand rear brake.
In summary, I cannot think of a good reason why you would NOT want the Rekluse Z-start Pro on a TE610. You still keep all your friction disks, and if you want to use the clucth lever, it's there (but 80% lighter to pull). I'm still running the C200L5 and C150L2. I'll be testing the C200L6 next.
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #24690
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Who makes the cool bling brake pedal end?

And thanks StolenFant for the writeup.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote