Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #421
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
im 5'10 ish 170lbs. I found my medium to fit really well. only complaint is the narrow cuffs, they make it tough to get the jacket over the gauntlet of my gloves.
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #422
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35xj View Post
im 5'10 ish 170lbs. I found my medium to fit really well. only complaint is the narrow cuffs, they make it tough to get the jacket over the gauntlet of my gloves.
I haven't tried this yet, but I suspect I will probably have the same issue with trying to get the cuffs over my gauntlet gloves. Then again, I am really uncoordinated, so the problem might not lie entirely with the jacket.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #423
cchoc
Outdoor Photographer

Oddometer: 203
I always put my gauntlets over the jacket cuffs, I thought that was the point of gauntlets? Or maybe I'm just doing it the wrong way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #424
V-Stormer
Bush Basher

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchoc View Post
I always put my gauntlets over the jacket cuffs, I thought that was the point of gauntlets? Or maybe I'm just doing it the wrong way?
I ride with gauntlets over the sleeve too.

There is a chance in some riding positions that the rain might work it's way down the sleeve and under the gauntlet though, especially once you stop, such as at a stoplight. That's one reason to put the gauntlet under. But I find with the DS riding positions on my DR350 and R1200GS that doesn't happen (as long as I don't let my arms hang by my side). So there are times you might want to have the sleeves over the gauntlets and I agree it is a challenge. But 98% of the time I have the gauntlets over top, so that's fine with me. I can deal with it in the occassional special situation.

My issue with the cuffs is that the stiffness of the material and the added "windstops" make the bulkiness of the cuffs over a thermal layer a challenge to get under anything but the largest of gauntlets. I'm probably going to rip out the windstops. I just find them in the way for the most part and can't see them lasting long anyway made of such lightweight material. They should have made them removable.
V-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #425
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchoc View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're doing it right... but sometimes riders will stuff their glove gauntlets inside their jacket cuffs when it rains to keep the rain from running down the jacket into the glove. With gloves that have large gauntlets, it's more difficult to stuff them inside the jacket if the jacket has small cuffs.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #426
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
You're doing it right... but sometimes riders will stuff their glove gauntlets inside their jacket cuffs when it rains to keep the rain from running down the jacket into the glove. With gloves that have large gauntlets, it's more difficult to stuff them inside the jacket if the jacket has small cuffs.
If you're doing a lot of standing up riding... and it's raining... cuffs inside the glove is a bad idea. DAMHIK

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #427
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Gloves inside the cuff... gloves outside the cuff... it's different for everyone, and what you're riding, and the angle of your arms, and if the wind is blowing out of the northwest, and if it's a Friday....
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #428
Core10metal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Wish the cuffs had a rainproof zipper. Cuffs are not adjustable enough. Had to return a nice pair of heated waterproof gloves with gauntlets. Couldn't go over or under cuff. Major negative for me on this jacket. I'm always fussing with them and my gloves.
Core10metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #429
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core10metal View Post
Wish the cuffs had a rainproof zipper. Cuffs are not adjustable enough. Had to return a nice pair of heated waterproof gloves with gauntlets. Couldn't go over or under cuff. Major negative for me on this jacket. I'm always fussing with them and my gloves.
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of heated gloves do you have? I have Gerbing's T5 gloves right now, and the gauntlet fits over the cuff with no problem. Just curious....
Old 01-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #430
epix1718
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 713
Just want to comment on how awesome KLIM's customer service is.. I bought a USED Bad Lands Pro jacket that was missing the right honeycomb chest armor piece. Well I contacted KLIM via their website and they responded back via email and sent me a replacement piece free of charge! I was totally expecting to pay for the piece and shipping if need be but they didn't even require that. Great Service!!!
85 Yamaha BIG Wheel 200 & 88 BIG Wheel 350
Travel Blog: http://peteandluna.wordpress.com/
epix1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #431
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epix1718 View Post
Just want to comment on how awesome KLIM's customer service is.. I bought a USED Bad Lands Pro jacket that was missing the right honeycomb chest armor piece. Well I contacted KLIM via their website and they responded back via email and sent me a replacement piece free of charge! I was totally expecting to pay for the piece and shipping if need be but they didn't even require that. Great Service!!!
That's awesome!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #432
steelerider
Southafricanamerican

Oddometer: 888
KLIM Badlands in the North East USA?

Gents,
About to pull the trigger on this mothership of a suit. Quick question for you owners, I see that there is a ton of venting options on the suit, I especially like the collar arrangement. How does the jacket handle the humid weather?
I live in PA, it gets really humid here in the height if the summer. I realize that it will not be the same as a mesh jacket, but is it bearbale on a 95 deg, 80 % humidity day? I ride an RT btw.
Any input is helpful.

Thanks.
steelerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #433
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerider View Post
Gents,
About to pull the trigger on this mothership of a suit. Quick question for you owners, I see that there is a ton of venting options on the suit, I especially like the collar arrangement. How does the jacket handle the humid weather?
I live in PA, it gets really humid here in the height if the summer. I realize that it will not be the same as a mesh jacket, but is it bearbale on a 95 deg, 80 % humidity day? I ride an RT btw.
Any input is helpful.

Thanks.
I had a Badlands jacket for about a week,not much venting to speak of,that combined with the weight of the jacket led me to sell it pretty quick. I tried it on,its a heavy,heavy jacket. Heavier then any streetbike jacket Ive tried. Its a winter jacket maybe?
Great protection Im sure but for any kind of dual purpose dirt riding its too restrictive and hot,there should be big panels on the front/back that open up,but then you wouldnt have all the protection. I thought I would use it for street riding but walking around in it feels like Im trapped in a weight suit.

Lotsa guys love em so it must be just me.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #434
Multiplicity
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Core10metal View Post

I have the Gerbing T5 gloves and have no problem fitting them over the jacket cuff. I also have a pair of, Held and the KLIM Caldera gloves. These are all the long/gauntlet type glove
Multiplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #435
Multiplicity
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
I had a Badlands jacket for about a week,not much venting to speak of,that combined with the weight of the jacket led me to sell it pretty quick. I tried it on,its a heavy,heavy jacket. Heavier then any streetbike jacket Ive tried. Its a winter jacket maybe?
Great protection Im sure but for any kind of dual purpose dirt riding its too restrictive and hot,there should be big panels on the front/back that open up,but then you wouldnt have all the protection. I thought I would use it for street riding but walking around in it feels like Im trapped in a weight suit.

Lotsa guys love em so it must be just me.

Did you open the pit, front and rear vents ??????? I find this jacket to be the best all round 4 season garment available. My AreoStich was a sweatbox in hot weather. It was like wearing a plastic bag
Multiplicity is offline   Reply With Quote