Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #391
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,266
NJ Regs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post
Is NJ one of those states that makes it difficult to plate a bike?

Sorry, but i couldn't resist. Not only do they make it hard to plate a bike, they are trying to make it hard to even ride one.

We have a meeting tonight with Parks and Forest Dept, the DEP and the Park Supers that may signal the end of NJ enduros. Mike and I will be there representing our respective clubs, wish us luck. Only two members from each club can attend, so we don't out number them.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #392
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash View Post

Sorry, but i couldn't resist. Not only do they make it hard to plate a bike, they are trying to make it hard to even ride one.

We have a meeting tonight with Parks and Forest Dept, the DEP and the Park Supers that may signal the end of NJ enduros. Mike and I will be there representing our respective clubs, wish us luck. Only two members from each club can attend, so we don't out number them.

Jack
Good luck Jack! Keeping good riding open is real work these days. I'm always glad there are good guys willing to fight for it .
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #393
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker43 View Post
KTM 950-450ish lbs?
KTM 950 SE 400 lbs
BMW 800 410ish lbs?

Race the fat bitch, they are waaay fun down there!
Yea, clash of the titans style! Jack, having one of your instructors racing a big
a big bike and doing well would be great advertising for your school!
Wasn't Rallymoto made for DS bikes anyway? Racing a plated MX/harescramble bikes defeats the purpose I think. If a C enduro rider like me can manage 2nd place on a big bike, Mike B should have zero problems.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #394
jack splash
Two Sheds

Heavy Weights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Yea, clash of the titans style! Jack, having one of your instructors racing a big
a big bike and doing well would be great advertising for your school!
Wasn't Rallymoto made for DS bikes anyway? Racing a plated MX/harescramble bikes defeats the purpose I think. If a C enduro rider like me can manage 2nd place on a big bike, Mike B should have zero problems.

Hey: Here's what I said to Mike B. " I'm only gonna say this once, if you race the 800 and win, I'd be really cool for the school, and our sponsor BMW Manhattan, would love it."

His response, was something like, "Do you know how hard it would be to stop that thing going 100 MPH." Then something about having to beef up the brakes etc. and something about getting it "scratched up".

Some bikes you buy to race and some you buy to ride.

When I see him tonight, I'll get an update.

These days the kTM 450, the Husky's and bikes similar to them are enduro bikes with blinkers, so the difference between an "enduro bike" and a DS are becoming less and less. His enduro honda 450 (CRF) I think, would take to much to make it "Rally Ready" and enduro season is right around the corner. And I agree a Plated Dirt Bike isn't what this type of racing is about.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #395
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,810
Quote:

Jack
Ouch, that would certainly suck. Best of luck.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #396
Doug Mo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Hey: Mike's still trying to figure out which bike he's riding.

He got a new F800 GS, but dosen't want to race it, ( too heavy ) he dosen't trust the 690 and his 450 enduro bike dosen't fit the regs. I think he'll figure something out.

I'd like to see them compete too.

Jack
Hi Jack:

Good luck with the greenies tonight, all of us are fighting the same issues up in the Northeast area with the exception of Maine, some great riding up there. Maybe Anders can figure out a rally up in loggin country for the bikes. There is something special about the big bikes at Sandblast, yes they don't stop which makes for some interesting moments. Still on the fence, may break out the buffalo and head down to hang out and see if a Senior Rider can still comprehend those speeds. I still have a day or so to decide. Hope to see everyone shortly. Best!!
2007 Husaberg FS 550e Rally Bike
Lived and healed to race again!!
Doug Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #397
Locker43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Do it Doug, training beverages on me all weekend!
Locker43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #398
jack splash
Two Sheds

Mighty Mo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mo View Post
Hi Jack:

Good luck with the greenies tonight, all of us are fighting the same issues up in the Northeast area with the exception of Maine, some great riding up there. Maybe Anders can figure out a rally up in loggin country for the bikes. There is something special about the big bikes at Sandblast, yes they don't stop which makes for some interesting moments. Still on the fence, may break out the buffalo and head down to hang out and see if a Senior Rider can still comprehend those speeds. I still have a day or so to decide. Hope to see everyone shortly. Best!!

Thanks Doug, Hope you can make it. I'm not sure, but I may be the only 55 + rider entered.

As far as the meeting, we lost all single track in one of the state forests where we can still host enduros. They are limiting our options to fire cuts and unimproved dirt roads. The only good part is I can add the fire cuts to the PB300 in Nov. I think we may have a chance to get it back, but it will be a hard fight.

www.pinebarrens500.org

Regards
Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
Old 01-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #399
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,144
Quote:
Thanks Doug, Hope you can make it. I'm not sure, but I may be the only 55 + rider entered.

As far as the meeting, we lost all single track in one of the state forests where we can still host enduros. They are limiting our options to fire cuts and unimproved dirt roads. The only good part is I can add the fire cuts to the PB300 in Nov. I think we may have a chance to get it back, but it will be a hard fight.

www.pinebarrens500.org

Regards
Jack
Is Sandylane on private land or lost land?

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #400
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,810
Quote:
Don't worry Gilkey is another old fart like you

Quote:

www.pinebarrens500.org

Regards
Jack
Sorry to hear that, best of luck to you and others fighting to keep land open. I still hope to get down to NJ for the pine barrons one of these years. Hopefully you can keep the event going. I keep hearing good things about it.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #401
jack splash
Two Sheds

Pine Barrens.

Seth: Meteor MC the club that hosts Sandy lane, has access to private land and can have single track there. They also use part of Wharton Forest (The forest I was talking about) to get to the private (good) sections. So Sandy Lane should still be a great enduro this year.

Doug: The PB's are alot of fun, even without the single track.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
Old 01-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #402
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Seth: Meteor MC the club that hosts Sandy lane, has access to private land and can have single track there. They also use part of Wharton Forest (The forest I was talking about) to get to the private (good) sections. So Sandy Lane should still be a great enduro this year.

Doug: The PB's are alot of fun, even without the single track.

Jack
Best of luck Jack, they're trying to limit all our fun. Once my guns are gone, then they'll take my dirt bike. Life won't be worth living

On a happy note, Sites 4 ,5 and 10 have been reserved at H Cooper Black!
Come hang out if you're bored
Old 01-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #403
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,635
Racing the Sandlapper National Enduro the day after SandBlast, but I'll be down to volunteer and cheer you guys on like last year.
Entry list is filling up and the SB should be a ton of fun for you guys this year. MD class looks to be extremely competitive. Glad to see Mike back on the SE. Going to miss that Appy that Conger rode though.
If anybody wants to run some similar terrain to SB pm me.
Thanks for fighting for our rights to ride Jack!

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE

Tarheel Wheeler screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 06:06 PM
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #404
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Racing the Sandlapper National Enduro the day after SandBlast, but I'll be down to volunteer and cheer you guys on like last year.
Entry list is filling up and the SB should be a ton of fun for you guys this year. MD class is going to be extremely competitive this year. Glad to see Mike back on the SE. Going to miss that Appy that Conger rode though.
If anybody wants to run some similar terrain to SB pm me.
Thanks for fighting for our rights to ride Jack!

I doubt bill is going to miss the Ape, at least the points after it stopped running.

Wish i could go do the enduro with everyone else

looking forward to seeing you, Greg!

Thanks for the good fight, Jack!

Want to race, bad.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #405
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
I doubt bill is going to miss the Ape, at least the points after it stopped running.

Wish i could go do the enduro with everyone else

looking forward to seeing you, Greg!

Thanks for the good fight, Jack!

Want to race, bad.
So why don't ya? You can crash in the rv or trailer with me Sat night, should only be a 1-2hour drive after awards banquet.