ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #271
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 893
Hey pig!
I had a class cancel tomorrow night, so I can meet up, preferably after 6:30.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #272
Wild Pig
Looks like avatar.

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl View Post
Hey pig!
I had a class cancel tomorrow night, so I can meet up, preferably after 6:30.
Cool! We get into town about 1pm, airlines permitting, and are staying at a place in North Shore near the Walnut St. Bridge. I shot Brent a PM too. We want to hear about this "railroad bed" that looks like a creek. The wife saw the pics and said "I am SO riding that one day!!"

I'll PM you my number.

"You pass through places, and places pass through you."
Wild Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #273
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pig View Post
Cool! We get into town about 1pm, airlines permitting, and are staying at a place in North Shore near the Walnut St. Bridge. I shot Brent a PM too. We want to hear about this "railroad bed" that looks like a creek. The wife saw the pics and said "I am SO riding that one day!!"
I'd be happy to show y'all around town (or the county)during the day when the boys are in school on Friday. PM sent.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #274
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 198
wait... did someone say beer? are u guys going to be at brewhaus at 6:30 if I hear it right?

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #275
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Hey Tim!
I'd like for that to be the plan. As I'm at the antique store today, so it would be easy for me to get there around 6:30.
I'm pretty positive Brent is showing up as well. I'll give a shout out to Bert and see what he's up to.

Monte ~ you coming?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #276
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl View Post
Monte ~ you coming?
Um, have you seen the forecast? insert snomoticon When those areas of green turn blue or pink on the radar, that means mayhem on the roads. Hamilton County already let the kids out early from school. I'll probably be at the gym, if I go out at all this PM. Y'all be careful out there tonight.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #277
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Okie doke, will do. You be safe as well Monte, if you go out.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #278
ABHooligan
The Flying Mythos

Oddometer: 1,083
Anybody want to ride Saturday or Sunday??? The weather's gonna finally clear up.

I'm gonna pound pavement in N. Ga Saturday, but was thinking maybe an off-road ride Sunday. I may be carrying a pillion Sunday, so my pace will be slower. Leave morning-time, back home by 5-ish.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #279
Wild Pig
Looks like avatar.

Oddometer: 85
We were thinking of doing Totto sushi tonite and maybe brewhaus followwing.

7ish.

"You pass through places, and places pass through you."
Wild Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #280
Doulos
Doulos

Oddometer: 72
Riding this weekend?

Abhuligan - I may be up for riding this weekend. :
I need to change my tires on my DR650 - with Monty and his fancy tire tool. But I can ride something like cohutta, cherokee or Franklin on my ktm...

Is anyone riding on MLK holiday (Monday?)
Doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #281
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulos View Post
Abhuligan - I may be up for riding this weekend. :
I need to change my tires on my DR650 - with Monty and his fancy tire tool. But I can ride something like cohutta, cherokee or Franklin on my ktm...

Is anyone riding on MLK holiday (Monday?)
Bring your wheels over tomorrow before noon if you want to do the change. Left you a VM. I thinking of a DS ride Sunday. Monday is a no go due to a volunteer trail work day.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #282
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Sunday DS ride it is. Meetup spot is BP gas station at the corner of Ooltewah Ringgold rd & East Brainerd rd at 10am. From there we will take 2 lane twisty roads to BFE and forest roads. Bring a tail bag lunch and water. Big and little bikes welcome. Knobbies might be a good idea.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #283
Doulos
Doulos

Monday a holiday?

If Monday is a holiday for you - lets ride! Street/dirt or both. Weather looks sunny but chilly.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #284
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Nice riding with you today ABHulgan. First stop on Starr Mountain.

On the downhill side before descending into Tellico.

The Tellico River was a torrent today. It provided just the right ambience for lunch at Kat's Deli. We stopped in at Tellico Moto Outfitters and chatted with MiniMike for a bit before lunch. We were his first customers of the day at 1PM. What a great day for a ride.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #285
Doulos
Doulos

Moto Mtn?

Anyone been to MotoMtn park in Fairmount, GA yet?