think it was pirro.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #827
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
It has been said that new parts were not fully or accurately tested before they found their way to the race bikes, which confused Vale and Nick and slowed development. So they've put more focus on the test team, and hired a faster test rider.
I had not heard that. Makes more sense now.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #828
Tuttdog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
I bet Valentino is laughing his ass off when reading about the "new Ducati". So much for Audi saving the day for 2013

now to spend 100+ bucks for motogp video pass to see Nicky and the Boys running about 8th all year?????
Tuttdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #829
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,280
Damn, that is bad news for Ducati. There is no need to go with a slow evolution, they have a whole season's worth of data to quantify how bad the present bike works. I'd be in favor of a revolution, after all, which is more likely: going from uncompetitive to unrideable? Or going from uncompetitive to tepid? I'm an optimist, so I'd vote revolution and shoot for the latter!
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #830
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuttdog View Post
I bet Valentino is laughing his ass off when reading about the "new Ducati". So much for Audi saving the day for 2013

now to spend 100+ bucks for motogp video pass to see Nicky and the Boys running about 8th all year?????
I don't think VR is laughing at anything. Regardless of the bike he came out of the Ducati stint looking 2nd class to Stoner (and Hayden, his much lower touted teammate, outclassed him many times as well) and can't be too proud running back to Yamaha.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #831
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I don't think VR is laughing at anything. Regardless of the bike he came out of the Ducati stint looking 2nd class to Stoner (and Hayden, his much lower touted teammate, outclassed him many times as well) and can't be too proud running back to Yamaha.
This,

He jumped on the same bike Stoner was winning races on and completely failed. The VR fan bois will never accept that and will run to their computers to Stoner bash until the day they die.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #832
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
Damn, that is bad news for Ducati. There is no need to go with a slow evolution, they have a whole season's worth of data to quantify how bad the present bike works. I'd be in favor of a revolution, after all, which is more likely: going from uncompetitive to unrideable? Or going from uncompetitive to tepid? I'm an optimist, so I'd vote revolution and shoot for the latter!
Then again, you'll notice he mentioned 2014, when the rules will once again change to...........umm, something else. So really, why not consolidate. 4 talented riders, plenty of feedback, and resources not necessarily being poured into one riders/teams, desperate effort to dig themselves out of their 80 sec. hole?
I think this is a measured, and intelligent approach to getting back on top. These things don't happen overnight.
(Look at the Beemer SBK. Brilliant riders, engineers, and all the rest, but it didn't start to come together until a full restructure, in every area..)
This blokes not stupid. He's been there done that.....
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #833
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,348
Oh, the humanity.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #834
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Blake Young should at least have a full time ride in WSBK.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #835
Old fart
Keen AG100 rider

Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
This,

He jumped on the same bike Stoner was winning races on and completely failed. The VR fan bois will never accept that and will run to their computers to Stoner bash until the day they die.
Stoner fans will never accept it was a different bike. VR bashers won't accept Stoner was running scared that's why he won't race again. To be proved right the only way would be for Stoner to go back on the Duke and show everybody how to win on it, big chance of that runnin scared
Old fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #836
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Who?
Spies and Innanoe
Old 01-17-2013, 01:27 AM   #837
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Good to keep in mind Stoner wasn´t having the best of time with Ducati either, after that dream season of 2007 it was downhill even for him, and that´s probably why he left. Nobody has been able to match his pace on that bike, though, and that´s a huge accomplishment. Quite simply the only one, who has been able to really ride that bike (ok, Capirossi and maybe Bayliss sometimes could, but not to Stoner´s level, and that was a long time ago).

Stoner would´ve probably beaten Rossi, had they ridden the Duc at the same time. But I don´t think Stoner would´ve challenged for the title on the bike they had in -11 or -12.

Now it appears they´ve still got their heads just as far up their *sses as they ever did. Hoping it´s just a bluff... but I´m not holding my breath.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #838
Bounder
ExternallyDisplaced

Oddometer: 576
From the Gob
When prompted whether he plans to alter the Ducati approach, ditch the Desmodromic system, and make a bike that not just Casey Stoner can win on he said: “There is no reason to change an engine that works and is part of Ducati’s history. As long as the rules allow it, we’ll remain with the same Desmodromic configuration.

It sounds to me a bit like saying that Desmo will stay, which makes sense, there is nothing there which says they are going to stick with the current cylinder angle configuration though.

Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #839
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,381
That's harsh, likely true, but harsh.

So, you take the satellite ride for 2013 do you get the rules change bike in 2014 that is magically no longer the turnip truck, that only Stoner was able to make go faster?
I'm thinking nope. But, at least it's not a CRT. aka MotoGP's version of sandwichboard advertising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
Spies and Innanoe
Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #840
kyns
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
That's harsh, likely true, but harsh.

So, you take the satellite ride for 2013 do you get the rules change bike in 2014 that is magically no longer the turnip truck, that only Stoner was able to make go faster?
I'm thinking nope. But, at least it's not a CRT. aka MotoGP's version of sandwichboard advertising.
The Aprilia powered CRT's were going well at the end of last season. If they continue to improve... just even a little bit, you will see Marlboro fighting to get a piece of their sandwichboardz. Only Iannone can save Ducati.
kyns is offline   Reply With Quote