Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #151
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,457
I really hope they have one commercially available by the time my current clutch expires. I'd love to try one for my next clutch. Anyone with one on another bike who has done high mileage on one care to chime in with regards longevity?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:34 AM   #152
Heos racer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Hallo, apology my bad English. I was over New Years Eve in South-France, hardcore enduro riding, 6 days on my Gasgas 515. Very narrow tracks and steep uphills. The Rekluse is my only solution to handle my bike in such extreme situations. But on the tracks between, mostly on roads, it needs a lot concentration to ride a Rekluse-bike. It needs often to be shiftet. Par example, You go into a sharp corner with 3 Gear in it. No problem without Rekluse, my F 800 GS has enough torque to manage it. With Rekluse, the clutch disengage and You miss motor brake. So You have to shift more often to be not surprised. On the other way, accelerating out of a curve, You must do it equally in correct gear to provide excessively clutch wear out. My Rekluse connects complete at about 3500 rpm (heavy wedge kit, soft springs) I think, even when it connects at 2500 rpm on a bike, which is often used on streets, it needs al lot of concentration. On the other way, I don´t want to get on my F 800 GS in situations (hard tracks) to want a Rekluse. I did not need it in the Northern Sahara.
Greetings from Germany Thomas

Watchdog in the Pyrenees, let us not over
Heos racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #153
jttele
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
I'm in as soon as they get them on the market. Hope it's sooner rather than later!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #154
nevermind
silly rabbit...

Oddometer: 2,525
I've had a Rekluse on 3 bikes so far. VERY nice addition to an off-road machine. It really takes clutching off your to-do list. The ability to start off on all surfaces with the exact clutch application needed is priceless. I've tractored my way out of some mud and couldn't believe how easy it was on a 990.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heos racer View Post
But on the tracks between, mostly on roads, it needs a lot concentration to ride a Rekluse-bike. It needs often to be shiftet. Par example, You go into a sharp corner with 3 Gear in it. No problem without Rekluse, my F 800 GS has enough torque to manage it. With Rekluse, the clutch disengage and You miss motor brake. So You have to shift more often to be not surprised. On the other way, accelerating out of a curve, You must do it equally in correct gear to provide excessively clutch wear out.
Greetings from Germany Thomas
My racing instructors (Kevin Schwantz, Ed Bargey and others) told me to never rely on engine braking when entering a turn. Use the brakes to set your corner speed. Experience bears this out when I've missed down-shifts. Talk about pucker factor!!! Also, I agree you must have the right gear selected as you pick up the throttle on corner exits on any bike for maximum drive and good clutch life.
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #155
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
I really hope they have one commercially available by the time my current clutch expires.
I am pretty sure that you will still need (most of) your original clutch steel plates and fibers. The Rekluse Core EXP assembly with the wedges only replaces a couple of them, same with the Z-Start Pro with the centrifugal balls.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #156
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
I am pretty sure that you will still need (most of) your original clutch steel plates and fibers. The Rekluse Core EXP assembly with the wedges only replaces a couple of them, same with the Z-Start Pro with the centrifugal balls.
Oh right, it's not a whole "unit" like lots of sportsbike slipper clutches use. Thanks for letting me know. :)
Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #157
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
correct... the 800gs kit still requires most of the original clutch
Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #158
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

another 1000 or so miles since my last update.... still no complaints.... everything looks good so far!

pictures are being looked over my rekluse to ensure the EXP is holding up...

rode 50 or so miles today... and HARD miles...gravel hill climbs and fast pavement sliding into the corners..

Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #159
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,494
What's the skinny on time to market?

Old injuries have flared up. I now have very bad arthritis in my left wrist.

At the rate it's progressing, I may not be riding like I'm used to for much longer.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #160
Lonster
Avid Reader

Oddometer: 51
Don't know what the marketing time is for Rekluse. Think they are pretty much good to go as soon as testing is done. Still too cold to ride here much for my taste.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Lonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #161
MitchG
Iron Collector

Oddometer: 399
Is the beta clutch still being tested by the new owner? And, is he going to drop in to this thread?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #162
Lonster
Avid Reader

Oddometer: 51
There are two beta clutches being tested. I have the first one of them and need a few more miles on it. My understanding the other person is going to continue to provide some updates to the company as well.

Lonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #163
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonster View Post
There are two beta clutches being tested. I have the first one of them and need a few more miles on it. My understanding the other person is going to continue to provide some updates to the company as well.

that is correct. My 800 has been sold. Justin the new owner will continue to update with Rekluse.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #164
SOP Dirt-Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
Anything new on the Rekluse?
SOP Dirt-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #165
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post