ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #466
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 8,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
Next they'l take over the NHL!
You're welcome to the NHL. No please, I insist.
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #467
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
You're welcome to the NHL. No please, I insist.
No, you can have it. In the interest of better international harmony, of course. Ever notice that there's never been a curling strike/lockout? Guys and gals on ice with brooms and rocks! Now that's almost as good as Cricket!

__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #468
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 8,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
No, you can have it. In the interest of better international harmony, of course. Ever notice that there's never been a curling strike/lockout? Guys and gals on ice with brooms and rocks! Now that's almost as good as Cricket!
No, you have it! You implied it was yours, and I agree!
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #469
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,547
I don't understand Hockey at all. From what I get, there are red lines and blue lines. Someone crosses either, and there is a good old-fashioned punch-up. This explains why many hockey players have their dental surgeons on speed dial. It used to be that the Canadians dominated the sport, as they ate lots of butter tarts and had the body mass of your average bullock, which is very convenient in a punch-up. Then the Russians and Ukrainians came in. They ate salted fat, without the sugar. Modern research shows that insulin spikes inhibit athletic stamina. So the sugar-free Russkies began to kick the snot out of the tart-eaters in the punch up, until the whole game went down the pan because no one wanted to skate for less than the budget of a small South-American nation.

I'm still confused about the function of the red and blue lines.
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)

Canuman screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 08:46 PM
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #470
AtlasExp
beer me
 
AtlasExp's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Oddometer: 415
Red and blue lines for figure skating!!!:p
__________________
Dual Sport Luggage Racks for: DRZ-S, SM and E and KLR650 and DR650: http://www.moto-racks.com/ Find me on Instagram " ahtoxa007 "
AtlasExp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #471
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 8,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
I don't understand Hockey at all. From what I get, there are red lines and blue lines. Someone crosses either, and there is a good old-fashioned punch-up. This explains why many hockey players have their dental surgeons on speed dial. It used to be that the Canadians dominated the sport, as they ate lots of butter tarts and had the body mass of your average bullock, which is very convenient in a punch-up. Then the Russians and Ukrainians came in. They ate salted fat, without the sugar. Modern research shows that insulin spikes inhibit athletic stamina. So the sugar-free Russkies began to kick the snot out of the tart-eaters in the punch up, until the whole game went down the pan because no one wanted to skate for less than the budget of a small South-American nation.

I'm still confused about the function of the red and blue lines.
Wait a sec! You're Don Cherry in disguise, aren't you?
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #472
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,547
Environment Canada Travel Advisory

This just in from inmate Barbsironbutt:


They suggest that anyone travelling in the current icy conditions
should ensure they have the following:

Shovel
Blankets or sleeping bag
Extra clothing including hat and gloves
24 hours worth of food
De-Icer or Rock Salt
Flashlight with spare batteries
Road Flares or Reflective Triangles
Full gas Can
First Aid Kit
Booster cables

I looked like an idiot on the bus this morning!
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #473
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 8,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
This just in from inmate Barbsironbutt:


They suggest that anyone travelling in the current icy conditions
should ensure they have the following:

Shovel
Blankets or sleeping bag
Extra clothing including hat and gloves
24 hours worth of food
De-Icer or Rock Salt
Flashlight with spare batteries
Road Flares or Reflective Triangles
Full gas Can
First Aid Kit
Booster cables

I looked like an idiot on the bus this morning!
Were you the guy licking the back window? I followed that one.
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #474
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Were you the guy licking the back window? I followed that one.
They SAID a hallucinogenic tree frog had walked across it!
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #475
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 8,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
They SAID a hallucinogenic tree frog had walked across it!
Before or after you licked it?
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #476
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Before or after you licked it?
I dunno. My tongue froze to the glass, so I was a little distracted. I had to use a road flare to thaw it. I don't think the frog would have liked that.
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #477
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Wait a sec! You're Don Cherry in disguise, aren't you?
Lest any of the riders south of the border are unfamiliar with Don "Grapes" Cherry, he is a leading figure in the Canadian fashion scene, shown here on the right:



Note that the gentlemen in the pic are all but holding hands, and one is wearing something pink and double-breasted. This proves that Canadian males are extremely secure in their masculinity. They also do not travel to Alabama.
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #478
jackpiner57
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,635
Sucre Dieu!! They've already stolen our Twinkies, and now apparently our Sno Balls?

__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #479
jackpiner57
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
This just in from inmate Barbsironbutt:


They suggest that anyone travelling in the current icy conditions
should ensure they have the following:

Shovel
Blankets or sleeping bag
Extra clothing including hat and gloves
24 hours worth of food
De-Icer or Rock Salt
Flashlight with spare batteries
Road Flares or Reflective Triangles
Full gas Can
First Aid Kit
Booster cables

I looked like an idiot on the bus this morning!






The short bus huh?
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #480
8gv
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: North central CT
Oddometer: 2,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpiner57 View Post
Sucre Dieu!! They've already stolen our Twinkies, and now apparently our Sno Balls?

So...
Is the code date on those balls May 17th or May 2017?

It doesn't matter, they likely taste the same.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014