ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #16216
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO100 View Post
Fuck you, and fuck your acusation of ignorance.

You know what burning human feces smells like? BURNING HUMAN FECES. Its the smell of a city so poorly managed that people dump piles of trash and excrement in front of their homes on the street and set fire to it. Its the smell of a city where people neatly tuck their cellphones between their shoulders and ears, and whip their dicks out in the middle of the sidewalk and take a piss while still walking. Its the smell of a city that lets dead dogs and cattle rot in the middle of the roads.

Did I make a general statement about India? No. Guess you have some insecurity issues about your origins, and no, I don't give a shit if you're Indian. You brought that up, and I wouldn't have asked. So go fuck yourself.
Wow someone touched a nerve there huh?
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #16217
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:

You know what burning human feces smells like? BURNING HUMAN FECES. Its the smell of a city so poorly managed that people dump piles of trash and excrement in front of their homes on the street and set fire to it. Its the smell of a city where people neatly tuck their cellphones between their shoulders and ears, and whip their dicks out in the middle of the sidewalk and take a piss while still walking. Its the smell of a city that lets dead dogs and cattle rot in the middle of the roads.

Did I make a general statement about India? No. Guess you have some insecurity issues about your origins, and no, I don't give a shit if you're Indian. You brought that up, and I wouldn't have asked. So go fuck yourself.
I was having an ok day until I read this. Now my day is better. Thanks for the laugh. I could picture his face all read as he typed this up :)
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #16218
the schwartz
Buckethead Wendy

Oddometer: 389
Dirt.

i want to take my v-strom offroad.

i don't have knobbies, though that could be a future consideration. i'm not looking for anything too crazy. the strom is a heavy ass bike, but it's all i got.

i'd like to find some gravel roads, dirt roads, double track, doubletrack with rocks, baby heads, whatever...

is there anywhere to go? why the hell do i live so close to NYC?

someone help me out here
1978 Suzuki GS 1000 (perma project)
the schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #16219
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by the schwartz View Post

i don't have knobbies, though that could be a future consideration. i'm not looking for anything too crazy. the strom is a heavy ass bike, but it's all i got.

i'd like to find some gravel roads, dirt roads, double track, doubletrack with rocks, baby heads, whatever...

someone help me out here
Im not sure what date it is this year but give the Berkshire Big Bike Adventure ride a try.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #16220
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by the schwartz View Post

someone help me out here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GridCrosser View Post
check this
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #16221
the schwartz
Buckethead Wendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42 View Post

+1

OM NOM
Old 01-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #16222
arZan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:

So you are just enhancing the stereotype of the "American" tourist who goes to a foreign land and starts getting all judgmental. Thank God that it's a stereotype and as most stereotypes go, mostly wrong.

I did touch a nerve here looks like. Seems your real beef is with your employer who put the company's balance sheet before the human capital. Am presuming you have shown the same bravado aka "Fuck yourself" etc to them already :)

93 Yamaha Vmax 1200
91 Honda Nighthawk 750
87 Kawasaki KB-100

News Views & Analysis | Urban Architecture | Parsi Khabar
arZan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #16223
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Oddometer: 904
have this discussion in person or don't have it.

back on topic.

What day do we go to the bike show?
hitmanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #16224
Ryan
Flugistani

Oddometer: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanlol View Post
have this discussion in person or don't have it.

back on topic.

What day do we go to the bike show?
We go to the bike show Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

GHO and ArZan discuss their difference of opinion in the alley behind Dr.Rock and Francine' s building Saturday night before the party.

"There's Absolutely No Excuse for the Way I'm About to Act"
http://longerfasterstronger.wordpress.com/
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #16225
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
We go to the bike show Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

GHO and ArZan discuss their difference of opinion in the alley behind Dr.Rock and Francine' s building Saturday night before the party.

I was planning going Sat but then someone pointed out that Saturday is going to be a zoo. I dont have to work tomorrow so i think ill go down when they open at noon. Luckily the tix are "One Day Admission" so I don't have to buy another.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #16226
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
EX-Pass is very particular about WHERE the tag is located on your vehicle: How high, how far back, etc. I used to have a "system" in which I kept my EZ-Pass in my jacket breast pocket, and with my right hand would extract it and hold it up, without stopping.

It almost never worked.

OTOH, since mounting it on my windscreen, I've never had to wait like an ass for the toll booth attendant to fix the problem. (In NYC we have gates.)
I don't know if they'll even let you do this (was going to call today but got lost in Brooklyn instead. I swear Google Maps/iPhone has RUINED my sense of direction) but I would like to switch between my two bikes. I could care less about mounting it on the F650, but I really don't want to mount one on the Monster. Unless you can get them in titanium or carbon fiber, anyway.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #16227
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by arZan View Post
I am Indian but living in Brooklyn for the last decade and half.
The real question is:

Which is worse?

And no, you don't categorize the US based on Elizabeth. Just New Jersey!

OK, now that the obligatory put-downs are out of the way...

(and by the way, yes, GHO100 does do a fair job of sticking it to 'em)

It is my observation, strictly empirical, that there are indeed many very bright, capable people all around the world, from all races, cultures and walks of life. The brightest and most capable of them all are the quickest to move away from places that lack what most consider to be the most basic infrastructure. The rest stay where they are and provide enough mediocrity and sneaky bullshit to create a solid impression that there is nary person in the entire country capable of doing anything but writing malware to fuck up Pakistani nuke plants.

One job I had, the folks in Hyderabad were playing recordings of noise chatter and ringing phones when picking up support calls, so they could blow off important calls until their card games were over or they were finished with their cigarettes. In America only unions are capable of even approaching stories of such dickery.

The job I'm leaving now, a couple of people disappeared mid-job because they were deported. Just this week I had one guy 8000 miles away who waited three hours for me to spoon-feed him an answer that he could have found on Google in five minutes. And I initially told him exactly what to search for. FYI, what he wanted me to do was tell him how to perform his job. If he can't do it without me, WTF do we need him for exactly??

And don't even get me started on the folks were using in Argentina. Holy shit. I can't even decipher their emails and texts.

Shit like that is part of why I today am happy to announce that my motorcycle riding will become substantially less torturous. My days of commuting to See-cock-ass NJ (and working with lazy dumb-asses 8000 miles away) are over as of Monday. I'll have more time to screw with you fuckers here and should have more time to bruce the taggers too.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #16228
DavidBanner
Banned

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:

DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #16229
the schwartz
Buckethead Wendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post

I was planning going Sat but then someone pointed out that Saturday is going to be a zoo. I dont have to work tomorrow so i think ill go down when they open at noon. Luckily the tix are "One Day Admission" so I don't have to buy another.
good call

wish i could make this. heading to pittsburgh for the weekend to visit family, gonna miss the show altogether. would like to check out some of the ktm goodies.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #16230
jimmycorp
adventure lurker

Oddometer: 180
Boom, bike registered using mysterious purchase price decrease. Guy at the 34th street DMV was cool, turns out to be a touring (kawi adventurer) and sport (busa) rider. Shot the shit for a half hour, in n out and got my plate.Thanks to everyone for their help!
jimmycorp is offline   Reply With Quote