ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
DOUBLE-O G OP
Smooth Operator
 
DOUBLE-O G's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Oddometer: 2,493
Honda CRF250M

Honda has unveiled a supermotard version of its popular CRF250L:

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...ble-supermoto/

Will we see it here in the US? I'd may be trade my CBR250R for one of those...

__________________
2013 Honda Super Cub
DOUBLE-O G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,921
Kawasaki's older design, carbureted, less powerful version of the 250 is ever less attractive by comparison.
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
strongbad
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Oddometer: 482
I never wanted the CBR250R, but I loved the engine. I liked the CRF250L, but not as a dual-sport. I've been pondering whether or not to get the CRF and 'tard it, but the high local prices and unavailability made up my mind for me. Now this.... I'm hoping Honda won't find some way to fuck it up--like not bringing it to the States...
strongbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mk5mike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 285
No has attractive but I like where this going
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
Navin
Beastly Adventurer
 
Navin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 7,553
I could live with this far easier than the enduro, just because the suspension off road on that one would drive me nuts.

Thing is, they miss the point, again.

Sell this style bike as a 350/450/500 and they would be on a few minutes of many enduros and fill the needs of far more riders.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
JerryH
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 5,069
I prefer the Kawasaki model BECAUSE of it's carb. I can actually work on it. But if you want FI and a larger engine, Suzuki brought back their DRZ400SM for 2013, if you don't mind paying $7000. I wouldn't buy one, because it is a niche bike. Not good for long distance riding. Very uncomfortable seat and no place to carry anything. I might be interested at half that price. There are quite a few CRF230Ms and Kawasaki KLX250SMs for sale at pretty reasonable prices, but it seems they have all been ridden off road. I would not buy a SM for off road use. I have a 250 dual sport, and I can ride it off road any way I want and not have to worry about the cops. Riding like that on the street would cost me my drivers license.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #7
lstehbens
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: North Queensland, Australia
Oddometer: 62
Nice looking bike. Can't see anything on the interwebs to say if anything else is different apart from colours and wheels? Anybody with good eyes notice anything? Like the all black one.
lstehbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 AM   #8
mtntrails
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Oddometer: 431
Very cool.

These small bore SMs are so capable and an absolute blast to ride.

Bring it on, Honda!
mtntrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
strongbad
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Oddometer: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstehbens View Post
Nice looking bike. Can't see anything on the interwebs to say if anything else is different apart from colours and wheels? Anybody with good eyes notice anything? Like the all black one.
Obviously, the front brake disk is much bigger in diameter being a floating disc on an aluminum carrier. Also, the sprockets will be different for the smaller wheels.
strongbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #10
NONo443
Gnarly Adventurer
 
NONo443's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I prefer the Kawasaki model BECAUSE of it's carb. I can actually work on it. But if you want FI and a larger engine, Suzuki brought back their DRZ400SM for 2013, if you don't mind paying $7000. I wouldn't buy one, because it is a niche bike. Not good for long distance riding. Very uncomfortable seat and no place to carry anything. I might be interested at half that price. There are quite a few CRF230Ms and Kawasaki KLX250SMs for sale at pretty reasonable prices, but it seems they have all been ridden off road. I would not buy a SM for off road use. I have a 250 dual sport, and I can ride it off road any way I want and not have to worry about the cops. Riding like that on the street would cost me my drivers license.
Plus, it doesn't have the centerstand that you want.






















Just giving you crap.
NONo443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
Navin
Beastly Adventurer
 
Navin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 7,553
DRZ isn't F.I. last I checked? Not that I prefer that either, my Husaberg has been a nightmare.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
Gryphon12
Beastly Adventurer
 
Gryphon12's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Carnation, WA USA
Oddometer: 1,320
No, the DR-Z400's are all carb's and 5-speeds.

Try chatting with Cyborg regarding your 'Berg. My buddy has an FE-390 and Cyborg has been a great resource.
__________________
1990 Honda NT-650 Hawk-GT

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gryphon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #13
Navin
Beastly Adventurer
 
Navin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 7,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon12 View Post
No, the DR-Z400's are all carb's and 5-speeds.

Try chatting with Cyborg regarding your 'Berg. My buddy has an FE-390 and Cyborg has been a great resource.

Thanks!
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #14
mtntrails
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Oddometer: 431
Any more news on this bike?

I'd like to see this one make it to the US.
mtntrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
PyroMedic
Fire+Needles=Happy
 
PyroMedic's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Oddometer: 51
chances of us seeing it are about the same as every other awesome motard that doesnt come to the us sadly.
__________________
Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ni
Firefighter Paramedic
PyroMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014