Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #376
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhas View Post
"When we did the GB, it took me one evening just to unpack the shipment, another to repack the tools into the USPS boxes, and 2 evenings to print all the shipping labels and attach. The USPS sent a truck to my office to pick all the boxes up, I only had to go to the post office twice and that was for Canadian inmates. The hardest part was keeping ADV screen names, real names, email addys and shipping addresses straight, as well as who wanted what LOL."

use a spreadsheet or Data base to keep track of all inmates and items ordered and then mail merge the home addresses. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to print out mailing labels. Once the SS or DB is set up it can be used forever. This shouldn't be a big chore with today's technology and you already have a computer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
Have you considered making a Google Doc and letting them fill in their own information?
LOL, I am the most non-techy guy around, I have no idea how to set up a spreadsheet or do what you're talking about. Or even set up a printer to do mailing labels. I just do it the old fashioned way and write out a list. I do have to put everybody's info into the USPS website anyway to get the labels.

I can't program a GPS either. ;-(
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #377
RobDek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
PM sent.
RobDek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #378
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
you didn't do anything wrong looks like a good tool for those flexible sidewall motocross tires you use, but your video pretty much convinced me that this tool will never work with my Heidenau K37 6 ply 761# load, sidecar tyres.

wait a minute! I don't recall you using any spit on the bead. That would help things quite a bit. maybe it ain't so bad a tool. Did you use some soap or KY it up a little?
Yeah, the Pirelli is only a 3 ply, it is a DOT tire, but I didn't lube it ... The tire that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Once your crotch gets wet it's all over.
kentnothstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #379
URAL CT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
tire tool

Howdy PMR,
Sorry for the multiple PMs...I'm a newbie in sending PM here...I had an operator problem.
CT
URAL CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #380
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Hey everybody, I'm out of town this weekend - ill update everything Sunday nite or Monday. Have a good weekend!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #381
bmrev01
n00b

Oddometer: 7
pm sent..Thanks
bmrev01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #382
OtterChaos
Guzzi Guzzi Guzzi

Oddometer: 377
Sorry no vids or pics but I used the tool to mount tires on my Tiger 1050 today. Brand new Pilot Road 3's, rear tire size was 180/55 zr17 and there was little to no drama using this tool. I did use tire lube to mount the tires, I easily fit the first bead over the rim using only my hands. The second bead needed the tool of course.

I struggled at first (the pusher bar kept slipping out of the splines whenever I tried to push the sidewall) but I figured out that I needed to put as much of the bead over the rim as possible and then push down the tire opposite the area that remained over the rim to give the tire some slack. I have some NoMar tools to hold the tire down (yellow hand thingie) and then I could use the tool to push the last of the bead over the rim. Took a little bit of force but not near as much as I remember using on my mounting bar that came with my CycleHill tire changer. You do have to be just a bit careful as I think you could scratch the rim with the pusher arm.

Rear wheel axle size on the Tiger was just the right size for the tool with no sleeves, I had to use the included sleeve for the front wheel but it worked really well.

Conclusion: I like this thing better than my mounting bar for getting the last of the bead over the rim, seemed to take much less force to get the job done. Of course you need something to break the beads and remove the old tire before this tool can be used.
OtterChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #383
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,758
Quote:
you didn't do anything wrong looks like a good tool for those flexible sidewall motocross tires you use,
You've obviously never changed a MX bike tire before.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #384
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,736
690 owners with this tool- I'd like to add this tool to the toolbox, but I keep hearing about these different diameter spacer sleeves.

For the 690's, what size sleeves do I need?

Is it too late to jump in on this second group buy?

Dirty
Old 01-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #385
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez View Post
690 owners with this tool- i'd like to add this tool to the toolbox, but i keep hearing about these different diameter spacer sleeves.

For the 690's, what size sleeves do i need?

safest way is just measure the diameter of your axles, the rod will slip thru your hub / bearings, it doesn't have to be tight but you prolly don't want a lot of slop. The tool itself is 20mm and comes with a sleeve to shim it out to 25mm. Although are will make you any size adapter, the optional ones that he carries are 15 and 17mm. .

is it too late to jump in on this second group buy

prolly won't order until first of FEB so LMK what you need

Dirty

pmr
Old 01-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #386
bilborides
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I am interested also

Am using Heidenau k60's very stiff sidewall hard to get on Klr650.This looks like it could help alot in the field.15 and 17mm adapters are needed i think.
bilborides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #387
Ed M
Collector of RFIDs

Oddometer: 16
PM sent.
Ed M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #388
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

List updated. All PM's replied to (I think).

LMK if I missed you, I got a bunch of emails and PM's last week and wasn't able to keep up. Check the list on page 19 and make sure I've got it right.

I plan to contact Are next week, and confirm pricing and discount. Then I'll be able to give you FF's a pretty close idea of the cost. Then I'll ask you to email me and confirm your order, as well as get me your name and shipping addy. After everybody confirms, I'll place the order and then post up payment info - you'll be able to do PP or mail me a check. Before you know it, you'll be playing with your new tool

PMR
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #389
bmrev01
n00b

PMR
I am new to the site found the site after chasing a way to purchase the tool. I sent you a pm beging to be put on the list. I did not receive any pm's back from you. If I could be added I would appreciate it very much. I would like both the smaller spacers as well.
Thanks
Dave
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #390
bmrev01
n00b

Sorry newbie mistake starting typing before I finshed reading your thread about checking page 19 list Sorry won't happen again. Could you just add the 15,17 spacer to my order. Sorry and Thanks again you rock!