ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #11776
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer
 
Cliff-77's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Miss,
Oddometer: 1,067
LarryL

So sorry to hear the news of L.L.s mom,god bless ya'll,i still miss my mom very much,been many years without her.
__________________
IBA#54495 Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,and your government when it deserves it.Mark Twain.
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #11777
AndyCBR
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Oddometer: 117
MHC trail and the recent heavy rains...

Sorry to cross post but thought I may have some better luck here...

paste begins....



http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857076

Hello,

Looking to make a winter ride of the MHC (MS Hill Country ride) in the next couple of weeks.

With all of the recent heavy rain I was wondering if this trail would be passable anytime soon?

Still getting river flood alerts around Jackson, MS on the weather channel.

MHC roughly parallels I55 going North from Madison, MS to Batesville, MS on mostly dirt roads.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best,
AndyCBR
Baton Rouge, LA
__________________
2012 Super Tenere/2009 crf450x/2006 sm610/2003 xr650l/1990 cbr1000f
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper
AndyCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #11778
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 1,995
I don't think you will have any problems on the MHCT due to the recent rains.
__________________
Mommas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #11779
babarnette
Studly Adventurer
 
babarnette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Brandon, MS (On The Rez)
Oddometer: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCBR View Post
Sorry to cross post but thought I may have some better luck here...

paste begins....



http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857076

Hello,

Looking to make a winter ride of the MHC (MS Hill Country ride) in the next couple of weeks.

With all of the recent heavy rain I was wondering if this trail would be passable anytime soon?

Still getting river flood alerts around Jackson, MS on the weather channel.

MHC roughly parallels I55 going North from Madison, MS to Batesville, MS on mostly dirt roads.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best,
AndyCBR
Baton Rouge, LA
Which bike will you be riding and what kind of tires are you running? If you want some company let me know when you're going and I'll be happy to go with you.
babarnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #11780
Unclejimmy1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Mantee,ms
Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCBR View Post
Sorry to cross post but thought I may have some better luck here...

paste begins....



http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857076

Hello,

Looking to make a winter ride of the MHC (MS Hill Country ride) in the next couple of weeks.

With all of the recent heavy rain I was wondering if this trail would be passable anytime soon?

Still getting river flood alerts around Jackson, MS on the weather channel.

MHC roughly parallels I55 going North from Madison, MS to Batesville, MS on mostly dirt roads.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best,
AndyCBR
Baton Rouge, LA
Hello AndyCBR:
I was on the MCHtrail this evening for a short trial run,,to check myself with Navagation skills and equipment performance,,the roads were very good and packed. I ran across only one road that had been GRADED,it was not too bad, I rode from mile marker 80 to 106. Lots of fun,, I caught up to some Alabama guys. They started in Batesville ms and spent the night in Gluckstadt and were headed North back to Batesville...they had no problems ,so I say Go FOR IT
I am planning to make North bound trip soon..let me. Know when you plan to. Come through and I will try to meet yon somewhere ...uncle jimmy 6sixtwo five42 eight 4 zero 9
Unclejimmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #11781
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 8,882
The KLR has left the building... :sniff: :sniff:

Hope Brad enjoys her as much as I did!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #11782
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 8,882
Anyone else off work and riding tomorrow?
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #11783
babarnette
Studly Adventurer
 
babarnette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Brandon, MS (On The Rez)
Oddometer: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Anyone else off work and riding tomorrow?
I'm not working tomorrow and I'm always up for a ride.
babarnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #11784
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by babarnette View Post
I'm not working tomorrow and I'm always up for a ride.
Dont know which direction im going or when im leaving out I am heading somewhere tomorrow... will keep an eye on forum ans post up in morning if I decide on a direction... ir so you have somewhere you want to go?
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #11785
babarnette
Studly Adventurer
 
babarnette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Brandon, MS (On The Rez)
Oddometer: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Dont know which direction im going or when im leaving out I am heading somewhere tomorrow... will keep an eye on forum ans post up in morning if I decide on a direction... ir so you have somewhere you want to go?
I was thinking about riding over to Rodney, MS to check out those ruins that Dustb2000 posted in the "where did you ride in MS today?" thread. I'm open to riding anywhere within a few hours of the Reservoir area though. I'll PM you my phone number.
babarnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #11786
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by babarnette View Post
I was thinking about riding over to Rodney, MS to check out those ruins that Dustb2000 posted in the "where did you ride in MS today?" thread. I'm open to riding anywhere within a few hours of the Reservoir area though. I'll PM you my phone number.
Have you never been to Rodney? Lots of good riding around there. We could make a good day out of looping in and out of roads around there!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #11787
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
Aww man! And I'll only be about 15 minutes away but working!! Grrrr! Lol
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #11788
babarnette
Studly Adventurer
 
babarnette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Brandon, MS (On The Rez)
Oddometer: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Have you never been to Rodney? Lots of good riding around there. We could make a good day out of looping in and out of roads around there!
Nope, never been. Only just heard of it because my wife's architecture firm is trying to preserve the columns. and the pics posted here by Dustb2000
babarnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #11789
AndyCBR
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by babarnette View Post
Which bike will you be riding and what kind of tires are you running? If you want some company let me know when you're going and I'll be happy to go with you.
I was planning on taking my Super Tenere with fresh K60's.

Shooting for riding to Gluckstdat, MS on 2/1/13 and riding the North route the Saturday (2/2) and the South route on Sunday (2/3).

I've got an XR650L also but the S10 is really nice for the interstate from BR to MS. And honestly with the exception of deep mud the S10 can do 90% of what the XRL can if you just go a little slower.

Shoot me a PM and I'll get you some contact info and maybe we could hook up for it if the time frame works.

Best,
Andy
__________________
2012 Super Tenere/2009 crf450x/2006 sm610/2003 xr650l/1990 cbr1000f
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper
AndyCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #11790
AndyCBR
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclejimmy1 View Post
Hello AndyCBR:
I was on the MCHtrail this evening for a short trial run,,to check myself with Navagation skills and equipment performance,,the roads were very good and packed. I ran across only one road that had been GRADED,it was not too bad, I rode from mile marker 80 to 106. Lots of fun,, I caught up to some Alabama guys. They started in Batesville ms and spent the night in Gluckstadt and were headed North back to Batesville...they had no problems ,so I say Go FOR IT
I am planning to make North bound trip soon..let me. Know when you plan to. Come through and I will try to meet yon somewhere ...uncle jimmy 6sixtwo five42 eight 4 zero 9
Sounds good

Shooting to ride from BR to Gluckstadt, MS on 2/1 and ride the North route on Saturday 2/2 and the South route on 2/3.

I'll be in touch.

Best,
Andy
__________________
2012 Super Tenere/2009 crf450x/2006 sm610/2003 xr650l/1990 cbr1000f
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper
AndyCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014