Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #32
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
"Run a cable lock thru the sleeve of the jacket and lock it to the bike"

That is my plan. GH
I continue the cable through my full face helmet as well. Beats the Hell out of lugging the bags if you don't pack them, for sure. You'd probably be better off with a throw over set of Wolfman's or similar, for the occasional over night? I've got a set of BMW bags coming with the F700GS.
BTW, are these on Flea Market?
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #33
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
I continue the cable through my full face helmet as well. Beats the Hell out of lugging the bags if you don't pack them, for sure. You'd probably be better off with a throw over set of Wolfman's or similar, for the occasional over night? I've got a set of BMW bags coming with the F700GS.
BTW, are these on Flea Market?
Lyle
Overnight for us is easy. We trailer the bike to our camp (Hotel). From the home base we travel away for a night to the N,E,S or west. coming back to the camp the next day. Repeat as necessary! With the top case we can get by. I tried to sell them on the flea market but got tired of the members beating me up. It seems that you can sell a 3 year old bike for 10% less than new but can't sell like new accessories for more than 1/2 half of what you paid for them. I'll probably just keep them for occasional use. GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #34
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post

It amazes me that this thread didn't get punted to HE long ago. You couldn't sell them in the FM and now you've spent weeks here, trying to sell above what people are willing to pay and struggling with reality.
Get over your "poor me, people just don't understand value like I do" before you start looking pathetic
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #35
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by justkip View Post
it amazes me that this thread didn't get punted to he long ago. You couldn't sell them in the fm and now you've spent weeks here, trying to sell above what people are willing to pay and struggling with reality.
Get over your "poor me, people just don't understand value like i do" before you start looking pathetic
??? Gh
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #36
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,613
He is trying to tell you that your sale items are posted in an inappropriate place. That is the purpose of Flea Market. To keep "for sale" items out of bike specific threads.

Normally a mod would have you and your thread moved to a more appropriate location.

Those cases are only worth what some one will pay. Your opinion really does not matter. You can move it back to Flea Market, you can find another media to sell it on or you can keep them. What you should not be doing is bitching about it here.

Don't agree with that, we will just sit back and watch what happens.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #37
CrustyOldFart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyOldFart View Post
GH, I replied to your PM.
Still waiting......
You sent me a PM several days ago and I replied with some questions...crickets
Im considering buying those exact cases from Jesse. What have you decided to do with yours?

One thing to keep in mind is that while you cases may be near new, there is some risk involved in buying used from a stranger over long-distance. Not suggesting you'd screw me, just saying if I have a problem with racks/mount or boxes locks or latches, etc, I just can't call Jesse up for exchange like I could if I bought new and found some problem. So that may be one reason why people aren't willing to pay near new boxes for near new prices. There's a point where the discount from new just isn't worth the risk.

All that being said, however, I would still consider buying yours for a price that I was comfortable with. Just through out a number for me to consider and I'll let you know if that works for me or not and I may counter.

I'm ordering boxes this week either way so let me know.
Steve
CrustyOldFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #38
xsf18cdf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
I am interested in your cases.

Thanks,

Gary
xsf18cdf is offline   Reply With Quote