ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 AM   #15436
orlando_orange
deslyxic tepyr
 
orlando_orange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: A long way from home
Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post


Helder to Henke: "... and then he say's...
... maybe if we put a fuel gauge on each of the four fuel cells...
we can see where the consumption is most...?"

Henke: "... sound's good... schedule a test for december then shall we...? oh and helder?"


Helder: "yeah?"

Henke: "there are five fuel cells."

Helder: "Ohhhhh..... riiiight....." Helder blushes

fixed again for accuracy...

EDIT: damn 205'd as i was trying to figure out how to bold and quote!!!
__________________
'09 G650 XC..... Veeeery sooon...
'91 S10 "Dirty Ol' B!tch"
orlando_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:46 AM   #15437
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 17,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
F5

One picture, a thousand captions



35 minutes to start the Special
The f5-ing possibilities are endless...

but enough of the ridicule...

time for some speculation...

Verhoeven leads out with Faria in pos 2. wearing a redbull(seye) on his back that Chaleco will have his sights honed in on?

Cyril is in a position where Pedrero can afford to park off the DSS start for two minutes and fall in behind Despres as WC for the day (leaving Faria free to defend against Chaleco). Caselli is also off the start just behind Cyril this morning (4 minutes) and there is the possibility (if the field bunch in a CAP/off piste/dune stage... or the fog plays a role) to send the US scud missile ahead to hang with Chaleco (if the Matighofen crew want to protect Ruebens 2nd place?).

In either case KTM pretty have 1st to 5th sewn up (aside from unforseen mechanical or a navigational blunder... so the "in fighting" may be limited to "in-hired gun" Chaleco trying to snatch 2nd or even the top step of the podium from the factory boys?

I would expect Chaleco to go WFO today... on home soil... if CDp is too conservative/cautios... lopez could put an eight to ten minute dent in Cyrils lead, by jumping up the order on the road - to the front - today.

Lots of cat and mouse today I predict!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #15438
orlando_orange
deslyxic tepyr
 
orlando_orange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: A long way from home
Oddometer: 691
right..... find a job, then sweep the f5rehose, then follow the stage.... have i got those in the right order???
__________________
'09 G650 XC..... Veeeery sooon...
'91 S10 "Dirty Ol' B!tch"
orlando_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #15439
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 17,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
The HRC 450 - 100% a no, not podium material, but was the KTM 6 months after conception?
Actually... yes...

The KTM 450 Rallye won it's first rally (and Dakar debut) first time out.

as did it's predecessor the 690 Rallye

as did the LC8 950 Rally before that


the difference is that they (KTM) had been racing and refining their craft and had over ten years of current experience to draw from AND engaged in 12 month programs of pre-event debut R&D and testing.

There's your apples and oranges comparison for you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:59 AM   #15440
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer
 
pebble35's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands
Oddometer: 1,351
From Pyn's FB page - the pic you all wanted to see

__________________
Proud to be supporting Pyndon
www.lyndonposkittracing.com

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:00 AM   #15441
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 17,090
Wait for it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post


35 minutes to start the Special

Local time in Chile and Argentina

Ummmm... have you been doing "math" again brodo?

Start is down for 09:30 AM local Chilé time... no?

EDIT: My profuse appologies... the bl¤¤dy ASO'les home page did a Perfecthansel and led me up a virtual garden path...

that is to say;


F5ire in the f5¤%-ing HOLE..........!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #15442
Flood
F5lood.
 
Flood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 10,161
Looks like they pushed the start times back, 1.5 hours from now.

We're in the land of morning fog again, whirly birds are probably grounded.
__________________
TEAM F5

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 AM   #15443
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
The f5-ing possibilities are endless...

but enough of the ridicule...

time for some speculation...

Verhoeven leads out with Faria in pos 2. wearing a redbull(seye) on his back that Chaleco will have his sights honed in on?

Cyril is in a position where Pedrero can afford to park off the DSS start for two minutes and fall in behind Despres as WC for the day (leaving Faria free to defend against Chaleco). Caselli is also off the start just behind Cyril this morning (4 minutes) and there is the possibility (if the field bunch in a CAP/off piste/dune stage... or the fog plays a role) to send the US scud missile ahead to hang with Chaleco (if the Matighofen crew want to protect Ruebens 2nd place?).

In either case KTM pretty have 1st to 5th sewn up (aside from unforseen mechanical or a navigational blunder... so the "in fighting" may be limited to "in-hired gun" Chaleco trying to snatch 2nd or even the top step of the podium from the factory boys?

I would expect Chaleco to go WFO today... on home soil... if CDp is too conservative/cautios... lopez could put an eight to ten minute dent in Cyrils lead, by jumping up the order on the road - to the front - today.

Lots of cat and mouse today I predict!
Yup, I would love to be witness to a KTM chat in their bivvy HQ last night. I am pretty sure Chaleco was not on the guest list

With the top 5 sewn up as you noted, Chaleco is the underdog, probably feels like an outsider and will pull the pin to prove a point today. I wish him well, would like to see him on the 2nd place of the podium, just hoping he doesn't go into berserker mode today and end up in Bolivia

And I guess on that note, Verhoeven is off!
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 AM   #15444
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer
 
drgunther's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Sweden. Take a right at the big lakes.
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
alert!

Hate to spam again, but I've gotten a few more emails asking about ordering these, and I wanted to remind everyone that I'll take orders until the 20th, then I'll close ordering and start printing asap!

The site has handled the F5 onslaught really well this year, but as a thank you to Baldy, proceeds will be donated to the site.

http://www.fattees-printing.com/Team-F5/index.html

Shirt ordered!
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 AM   #15445
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Local time in Chile and Argentina

Ummmm... have you been doing "math" again brodo?

Start is down for 09:30 AM local Chilé time... no?
Busted. Again.
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 AM   #15446
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
Looks like the pushed the start times back, 1.5 hours from now.

We're in the land of morning fog again, whirly birds are probably grounded.
There you go, my boss to the rescue. Start times were originally 8:00 am

thanks boss!
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #15447
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Oh, and amazing phone in by Lyndon, thanks again Nate!

image from FB:

__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #15448
SteveDennehy
Steve
 
SteveDennehy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Oddometer: 165
Luis?

Any new rumours of super-human efforts by Luis?
SteveDennehy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #15449
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 17,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Local time in Chile and Argentina

Ummmm... have you been doing "math" again brodo?

Start is down for 09:30 AM local Chilé time... no?

EDIT: My profuse appologies... the bl¤¤dy ASO'les home page did a Perfecthansel and led me up a virtual garden path...

that is to say;


F5ire in the f5¤%-ing HOLE..........!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
Looks like they pushed the start times back, 1.5 hours from now.

We're in the land of morning fog again, whirly birds are probably grounded.
Belay that delay... nope scratch that... no delay that belay... Huh?!

What the f5%& is going on here...!!!???

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #15450
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Belay that delay... nope scratch that... no delay that belay... Huh?!

What the f5%& is going on here...!!!???
I believe this is what you're looking for:



__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014