User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #16
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,416
Get a KLR. Stock seat very comfy.

... which part you focus on is up to you.
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #17
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I rode my Mountain Bike for just under 8 hrs, at the Beaver Creek Ultra 100 solo, a few years back. My a$$, have never felt so bad.......Renasco great..... Stock... Not so much....
+ 1,000,000

PS It's Renazco - Transformed the bike.

... which part you focus on is up to you.
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #18
Shooby
Anti-Cager

Oddometer: 891
After the first 500 miles in the last 3 weeks on mine(Merry X-mas to me), I agree. All signs (threads and posts) are leading me to a Sargent. I appreciate all the info from those in the know.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #19
LEAL707
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I just picked up a 2010 F800gs 30th Anniversary Edition in Los Angeles. Like a couple of you said, A$$ bleeding within minutes! Threw down 443 miles split into 2 days. Is the Renazco the way to go? I've also been looking at the Touratech comfort seats. Thoughts???
LEAL707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #20
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAL707 View Post
I just picked up a 2010 F800gs 30th Anniversary Edition in Los Angeles. Like a couple of you said, A$$ bleeding within minutes! Threw down 443 miles split into 2 days. Is the Renazco the way to go? I've also been looking at the Touratech comfort seats. Thoughts???
Seats are a very biased item. Some works for some people, but not for others. I have tried three Renazco's but gave up all three. That is not really James fault, as the shape is really good. First one was with suede leather on top, but in the desert it dried quick and had to be conditioned, but was stiff because of that, and did not conform well. the second two was foam, and purely my fault. James uses memory foam on the top, and I simply dont like that feel. I get it that is me, so as many enjoy their Renazco, I had to let them go. I have tried the rally seat, did not work because of how thin it was.
Then there was the seat concept. Their foam is great but as I had their tall seat, it got very narrow up front. So it is really up to what you like. None of the seats I mentioned, are bad. In fact they are great, but did not work well for me.
If I had to make the perfect seat, I would have say seat concept make the cover, and supply a foam bloc, and I would trim it my self. This way I get excactly what I want, or need.

Erling
ebrabaek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #21
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,741
I have a Seat Concept cover. I ordered softer foam, with the goal, coupled with some suspension changes to lower the bike.

It felt good until I did some back to back 1,000 mile pavement runs. I got butt burn within 200 miles.

Part of my problem was having Giant loop luggage that locked me into place.

The stock seat and my Seat Concept is narrow in the front which allows us short legged riders to touch the ground at stops.

That's an issue that should be considered when ordering an aftermarket seat.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #22
GodfatherofSoul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Coming from an R1, the F800GS seat feels like sitting on a cloud. I had to check with the dealer to make sure it was actually the stock seat it felt so soft.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #23
twistdgas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Thin Blue Line Seats

I have a 09 f800gs and I took the stock seat and turned it into a 600 plus mile a day saddle. I am a law enforcement officer and have ridden bikes all my life. I build dual sport seats as a side job. Usually costs around $225-$250. The end product will rival the comfort of a Russell day long. I know this because I have formerly owned 3 Russell day long saddles. I do this to any bike from CRF 450's to a Vstrom. I cut and dish original foam, add a dense bonded foam making the seat up to 8" wider than stock( depending on what the customer wants), then reshape, and recover. Just send me your seat. Contact me if your interested. I can email Pix. 828-736-2472.
twistdgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #24
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

Oddometer: 140
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamm View Post
For those whose arse gets tired with the stock F800gs seat I found this site that explains a few things about a bad seat and how one can go about fix'n it..

www.diymotorcycleseat.com

No affiliation, just found it while surfin.
My stock seat doesn't suck my balls when I'm riding. Was that an optional accessory with the stock seat ?
Touratech Lower/Upper Crashbars, Skidplate, Adj. /Folding Clutch and Brake Levers (black) - Barkbusters VPS Handguards - SW Motech Rear Frame Sliders and Chain Guard - Pivot Pegs - Bestrest Shock Bolt Support with Upper Bolt - Accelerator Module - Nautilus Air Horn - 12VDC Display
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote