ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #16231
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwickKLR View Post
I was having an ok day until I read this. Now my day is better. Thanks for the laugh. I could picture his face all read as he typed this up :)
Here's the two of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by arZan View Post
So you are just enhancing the stereotype of the "American" tourist who goes to a foreign land and starts getting all judgmental. Thank God that it's a stereotype and as most stereotypes go, mostly wrong. ..
Just as a point of fact, stereotypes have some shred of truth to them. Thats why we all laught at stand up comics when they make fun of different races. How bout we all ban together and bash the fucking Amish! they don't have computers anyway, oh wait I forgot about Lebanon Levi....shit I'm dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
We go to the bike show Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

GHO and ArZan discuss their difference of opinion in the alley behind Dr.Rock and Francine' s building Saturday night before the party.
Now thats's a party!!!!
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:06 AM   #16232
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,120
Hey guys, figured out the problem with my KLR: it was the ignition coil!!! This is the second ignition coil I've replaced on the bke in the last year.

Anyway, here are some pics of Wednesday morning:

Bike stalls for the fifth time trying to make it back home. You can see my tire tracks from my first stall (heading south)

Pushed the bike 1/4 of a mile and waited for a ride

Nice spot to wait for the wifey

Tow truck is here!!!

Replaced the ignition coil with the one from the Tengai and she started right up. Drove into the city yesterday (had a class on 120th and 1st) and no problems at all.

I'm gonna order a new coil and some spark plugs in case this happens again.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and be careful out there today, lot's of black ice!!!
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #16233
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectaltronics View Post
Just this week I had one guy 8000 miles away who waited three hours for me to spoon-feed him an answer that he could have found on Google in five minutes. And I initially told him exactly what to search for. FYI, what he wanted me to do was tell him how to perform his job. If he can't do it without me, WTF do we need him for exactly??
A few weeks ago the CIO of our company was having problems with IE. He called one of the consultants to take a look at his PC and fix it, ten mins later the consultant comes over and asks me what I think the problem was. Since I'm losing my job in 6 months and this guy is taking my position I didn't feel like giving him much information. I just told him to check the version of IE and apply any updates to his PC. He then asks me how to check the version of IE!!!! He also wanted to know how to run a windows update??????!!!! WTF, this guy gets $94 and hour, works 10 hours overtime a week and who knows if he pays taxes (he's on a H1 visa I believe) and he doesn't know how to run updates..... Freaking idiot could've googled the problem and figured it out.

BTW, the only reason I mentioned in my first post on this topic that the consultants were Indian is because the CIO is also Indian.... I have nothing against people from other races/cultural/religion/sexual preference/etc....

Brad, the argentinians might not be the smartest people in the world (sorry Juanjo) but the women are beautiful!!!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #16234
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 12,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
He then asks me how to check the version of IE!!!! He also wanted to know how to run a windows update??????!!!!

I believe the command is "fdisk".

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #16235
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 23,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
I believe the command is "fdisk".

What are they gonna do? Fire you?

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #16236
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post

What are they gonna do? Fire you?

But I have to behave if I want to get my severance package
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #16237
the schwartz
Buckethead Wendy

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
I don't know if they'll even let you do this (was going to call today but got lost in Brooklyn instead. I swear Google Maps/iPhone has RUINED my sense of direction) but I would like to switch between my two bikes. I could care less about mounting it on the F650, but I really don't want to mount one on the Monster. Unless you can get them in titanium or carbon fiber, anyway.
I'm 99% sure they dont care which bike/car its on. Tags are registered to the account not a specific plate. Just no motorcycle tags on cars (thry want their money)
Old 01-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #16238
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by the schwartz View Post
I'm 99% sure they dont care which bike/car its on. Tags are registered to the account not a specific plate. Just no motorcycle tags on cars (thry want their money)
I am not sure if it is still an issue but I have received violations twice for having the tag on the wrong vehicle. Once was in a rented car on the NYS Thruway and the other was on a bike on the NJ Turnpike.
These were a few years back, but they did happen and something to think about. The thruway one I had to pay to the rental agency, the Turnpike one they let me pay the fine and "waived" the violation as a first offender.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #16239
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 23,339
Thanks guys. I'll call and ask today. I wondered because there was something on the website re: multiple vehicles on account.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #16240
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
I am not sure if it is still an issue but I have received violations twice for having the tag on the wrong vehicle. Once was in a rented car on the NYS Thruway and the other was on a bike on the NJ Turnpike.
These were a few years back, but they did happen and something to think about. The thruway one I had to pay to the rental agency, the Turnpike one they let me pay the fine and "waived" the violation as a first offender.
Me too, I swapped the tag from the KLR to the Tengai last summer and got a ticket. Since they will not issue more than 4 tags per houselhold and I had 4 vehicles with tags already I had to swap one over to the Tengai. They dismissed the violation.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #16241
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the schwartz View Post
i want to take my v-strom offroad.

i don't have knobbies, though that could be a future consideration. i'm not looking for anything too crazy. the strom is a heavy ass bike, but it's all i got.

i'd like to find some gravel roads, dirt roads, double track, doubletrack with rocks, baby heads, whatever...

is there anywhere to go? why the hell do i live so close to NYC?

someone help me out here
There are places but they are north of the city. We have a few inches of snow on the ground so the trails are covered and it's very hard to see if there is ice under the snow. I would recommend you wait until the spring, picking up a V a few dozen times in the winter is not fun.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #16242
the schwartz
Buckethead Wendy

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
There are places but they are north of the city. We have a few inches of snow on the ground so the trails are covered and it's very hard to see if there is ice under the snow. I would recommend you wait until the spring, picking up a V a few dozen times in the winter is not fun.
Sweet. Waiting till spring i can manage. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #16243
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
for the past year or so i have used our ezpass every time i use zip car. i pull theres and throw it in the shiny bag and into the glovebox. i have not seen any notices. YMMV
Old 01-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #16244
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
We go to the bike show Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

GHO and ArZan discuss their difference of opinion in the alley behind Dr.Rock and Francine' s building Saturday night before the party.
What, is one going to take a dump, set it on fire, and the other going to say it doesn't smell?

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #16245
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
What, is one going to take a dump, set it on fire, and the other going to say it doesn't smell?
OK I do a lot of primitive camping and I usually bury my crap, but some like to burn it. I am sort of grossed by the idea of shit on our campfires, but to be honest I never smelled anything