Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #46
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by therivermonster View Post
I love it, earling! I love how you make it so easy. You get more done in one of your posts than I do in 5 posts. Your technique reminds me to slow down sometimes, and think about the easier way to get things done.

I hope that you have another project in mind, because I'm looking forward to it.

Great work, man!
Thanks..... When I go on these adventures, I go full screw...... and I do forget other things... like lunch..... hydration..... espresso.... no wait.... I don't forget that... But it is too easy to devour a whole day in a matter of hrs, or so it feels. I am not sure of what the next go-around is gonna be, but I am sure one will arrive.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #47
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
Ha ha.... Nice Ben...... I actually wanted to change the snorkels a bit, but that is a whole other story.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #48
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
.... The sharp corners/edges on the top bothers me. I don't think they flow good with the other bike lines, and I would like to bring it up a few more inches. I know not to fool too much with a bikes airbox, but I cannot imagine that that looooooong small....then big...... then small again snout is good for the intake. I have messed with several scooters, and their air boxes/intakes, and they all benefited from a shortened intake, as long as you did not mess too much with the box itself. As air is sucked in, every inch of wall of the inside of the snorkel creates drag, and while some drag/resistance/back pressure can be beneficial on the exhaust part..... Intake..... Not so much. Step one is after tax $$ comes back... Remus or arrow headers...DJ pc-5 with auto tune...A trip to Denver, CO to work with my trusted bike tuner, then a few runs with the airbox cover off, to see if there is any measurable difference. If there is.... step two, is to design two new snorkels. I bet there is a difference.

Erling
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #49
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,120
Quote:
Sorry..... I know you are in the EU.... But wait another 5 minutes if you can....... he he....
Wow the video was the little cherry on top of the regular cherry! Amazing I'm just like

I'm waiting for the next project =D

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #50
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
Wow the video was the little cherry on top of the regular cherry! Amazing I'm just like

I'm waiting for the next project =D
Ha ha....Thanks..... Not sure what the exact next one will be...... Have a few in mind.... ahhhh.. decisions....decisions...

Erling
Old 01-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #51
gbtw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Looking good sir :)
gbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #52
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbtw View Post
Looking good sir :)
Thank you sir.....

Erling
Old 01-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #53
G-Mac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Ok so that is crazy cool. I might have missed it but what were the two hole on the sides for I'm imagining some sort of strap down or holder for an ipad to view maps maybe?
Either way, good work man good work.
2002 XR250R Dirty Girl so fun to ride
1997 KLR 650 miss the old girl. Never washed!
G-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 AM   #54
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
Ok so that is crazy cool. I might have missed it but what were the two hole on the sides for I'm imagining some sort of strap down or holder for an ipad to view maps maybe?
Either way, good work man good work.
Ha ha..... Although Adam takes the cake... ( inside joke) I was wondering when someone would ask..... A fine observation I must say.... They are a low tech solution to the mounting. Simply to gain access to the two lower screws. I though about how to make this happen, and after mulling over a few options, I decided that simply drilling two holes, would work. I am chasing down a couple of rubber stops to use as plugs. As you mentioned, I am considering using them for strap anchor as well.

Erling
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #55
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Oddometer: 2,067
Quote:
.... The sharp corners/edges on the top bothers me. I don't think they flow good with the other bike lines, and I would like to bring it up a few more inches. I know not to fool too much with a bikes airbox, but I cannot imagine that that looooooong small....then big...... then small again snout is good for the intake.
If it were up to ME, I'd raise it up a few more inches and open up the front like a Drag Racing hood scoop. Then stick half a pulley on it for a blower look and wait till a Bandit says "when ya gonna get a reel bike?"

Butt that's just me.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #56
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
If it were up to ME, I'd raise it up a few more inches and open up the front like a Drag Racing hood scoop. Then stick half a pulley on it for a blower look and wait till a Bandit says "when ya gonna get a reel bike?"

Butt that's just me.
..... We think alike...... On idea I actually were looking into, was just that.... well.... ehhhh... less the pulley.. I am looking into changing the intake snorks, as I per the post above, don't think they are efficient. I was considering using it, by opening it up in the front, and use it as a scoop, but I would need to open it up a lot more, and the internals would need to be cleaned up, so as not to offer any turbulence. Picture this though......Adding two short snorks. One on each side..... So far.... I think that would work, and sound great, but first some testing...... And...uhhmmmmm... to look for a pulley....

Erling
Old 01-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #57
DasMatti
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
Like every Project of yours, this is amazing.
However, how did you wire the Voltmeter? Obviously Not directly onto the batterie....?

Greetings
Matthi
DasMatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #58
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasMatti View Post
Like every Project of yours, this is amazing.
However, how did you wire the Voltmeter? Obviously Not directly onto the batterie....?

Greetings
Matthi
Thanks Matthias.... Thank you for mentioning this. I completely forgot to mention this. When I first installed the two switches ( one for the GPS, and the other for the led driving lights) I wired the gps from the bottom side of the BMW plug. I had spliced into that harness, as it is switched by the ZFE. Just in case the ZFE acted up,I installed the switch, which I rarely use. I simply just tapped into that, so the usb charger and the voltmeter switches off with the ZFE. When I designed it, I first wanted it to be removable, and thought that if I would make more, it could be customized to plug in with a BMW plug, as an option, for easy removal, as some might not want it bloating up there. But then as the prototype started to take place, I thought it flowed very nice with the lines, and as it might interface with a new intake system in a few months..... I wanted to make it permanently.
Thanks.

Erling
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #59
zoomzu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
The usb outlet, is that a cigar lighter socket or does it have wire connectors? If it has wire connectors can you add a link? I can only find cigar lighter outlets. Which will work, but wire connections are better. Thx
Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #60
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzu View Post
The usb outlet, is that a cigar lighter socket or does it have wire connectors? If it has wire connectors can you add a link? I can only find cigar lighter outlets. Which will work, but wire connections are better. Thx
Yeppers.... It has standard automotive clips in the back. I just soldered two wires on them, as I do not like clips....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i01

Erling