Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #16606
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2T2_Ryder View Post
Hi All,

Well, you guys hooked another one! After a year of reading this thread and dreaming about a Scrambler to put in my garage next to my 06 Sprint ST I started looking. I originally wanted a matte khaki green but after months of searching dealerships, craigslist, ebay etc...there was nothing, not one decent scrambler for sale in a 400 mile radius of my area (Central NJ), I wonder why?. So, I took a shot in the dark and went to my local mom and pop triumph dealer a half hour away from my house thinking if all the big dealers didn't have any Scramblers on the floor, they probably wouldn't either but low and behold they had just got a 2013 matte graphite in. The dealer had 2 phone inquiries on it while I was standing there so with the bleak outlook on used models, I said F it, you only live once so I sealed the deal and just rode her home! I had to take a hot shower to remove the frozen permagrin on my face, literally, it is 30 degrees and raining outside, the pipes kept my right leg warm and I have frostbite on my fingers but well worth it. Anyway, enough with the blabbing and on to the pics! Looking forward to the ensuing madness!!

Congrats I think that color is awesome

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #16607
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Congrats, that really is a very attractive color.

I got to ride mine a little today, and it just always puts a smile in my face. Today was fantastic weather, so the wife wanted to come along. The scrambler is such a versatile machine, can do a little of anything, and always looks good whatever its doing.
xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #16608
2T2_Ryder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments guys, after lusting over the khaki green for so long I have to admit that the grey is really growing on me. No regrets whatsoever. The wife on the otherhand isn't too happy that her car has to sit outside now as the two bikes take priority As with all the bikes I've had, the day dreaming about mods and trips is endless. I have the AI removal kit on order and am looking at exhausts, skid plate, light grill etc...planning a trip to New Foundland/Nova Scotia for early summer as well. In the meantime I'm just taking short jaunts around the neighborhood until it warms up a bit. I'll post up pics as the mileage racks up. Let the good times roll!
2T2_Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #16609
MightyChosen1
Flim-Flam Man

Oddometer: 1,209
Quote:
Hi All,

Well, you guys hooked another one! After a year of reading this thread and dreaming about a Scrambler to put in my garage next to my 06 Sprint ST I started looking. I originally wanted a matte khaki green but after months of searching dealerships, craigslist, ebay etc...there was nothing, not one decent scrambler for sale in a 400 mile radius of my area (Central NJ), I wonder why?. So, I took a shot in the dark and went to my local mom and pop triumph dealer a half hour away from my house thinking if all the big dealers didn't have any Scramblers on the floor, they probably wouldn't either but low and behold they had just got a 2013 matte graphite in. The dealer had 2 phone inquiries on it while I was standing there so with the bleak outlook on used models, I said F it, you only live once so I sealed the deal and just rode her home! I had to take a hot shower to remove the frozen permagrin on my face, literally, it is 30 degrees and raining outside, the pipes kept my right leg warm and I have frostbite on my fingers but well worth it. Anyway, enough with the blabbing and on to the pics! Looking forward to the ensuing madness!!

I'm not a fan of matt paint but that color is growing on me. I have been getting the itch to change my Scrambler's color once again.

All silver is starting to bore me. I am thinking of two tone silver/green or gloss black like this bike:

The girls pleasant to look at too.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #16610
vonfink13
2013 Scrambler

Oddometer: 13
Love the matte graphite. I have the same bike. My winter mods begin this weekend. Taking off the heat shields and the back mufflers and having them powder coated in high temp flat black. Also removing the baffles on the mufflers and a nice black skid plate is on order from the local dealer. Gonna be a good couple weeks.
vonfink13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #16611
ZappBranigan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyChosen1 View Post
I'm not a fan of matt paint but that color is growing on me. I have been getting the itch to change my Scrambler's color once again.

All silver is starting to bore me. I am thinking of two tone silver/green or gloss black like this bike:

The girls pleasant to look at too.
What's the story behind that bike? Looks like it has T100 lower forks (with the attachment points for the fender brackets.)

Only reason I asked is because I have a T100 fender and it would be fun to be able to paint it and put it on the Scram, but with no attachment points for the fender braces, I'd worry about the fender flapping around too much.
ZappBranigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #16612
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,858
Quote:
Thanks for the compliments guys, after lusting over the khaki green for so long I have to admit that the grey is really growing on me. No regrets whatsoever.
I like the matte graphite 2T. I can see a couple of routes with it (at least ).
A 60's style with lots of chrome and anodized/polished theme, or blacking out parts to go with the silver matte. Among others themes...
It will look good either way!
Have fun dressing it up to your own vision.

The Scrambler is so due for something else other than the matte khaki.
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #16613
chasssmash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBranigan View Post
What's the story behind that bike? Looks like it has T100 lower forks (with the attachment points for the fender brackets.)

Only reason I asked is because I have a T100 fender and it would be fun to be able to paint it and put it on the Scram, but with no attachment points for the fender braces, I'd worry about the fender flapping around too much.
I have one on my scrambler without fender brackets and it doesn't flap around at all
chasssmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #16614
2T2_Ryder
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
The Scrambler is so due for something else other than the matte khaki.
Agreed, and with all the positive comments on this thread about the matte graphite, it makes me feel that much better about my decision. The cosmetic upgrades will come but I gotta get that exhaust/airbox opened up. All I can hear is a teasingly muffled version of what this thing needs to sound like. I'm thinking TORs to keep the original look but may go with Arrow depending on what kind of deal I can get.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #16615
2T2_Ryder
Adventurer

Well, the sun came out today finally. Still cold but with only 20 miles on the Scram from her maiden voyage, I had to get out for some riding. Cruised some NJ backroads and found some dirt roads that I hadn't been on before:

Quaker cemetary circa 1632:

Cornfield in the middle of nowhere:

Stopped in here to warm up. Awesome apple pie and coffee:

Random reservoir:

All in all a good day, racked up 212 miles total. Just another 300 and I can get my first service and start to romp on it a little more!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #16616
Graniteone
3,2,1...Beer me!

Oddometer: 392
Finally got a few extra bits for my Scrambler. Ordered two sets of the2wheels.com levers by accident. Really like the levers but don't need the extra set. I ll do $30 shipped if someone wants the the extra set. Got in a good ride today. Really enjoying this bike. LEVERS ARE SOLD! Thanks!

A few pics of the levers and bike.

Graniteone screwed with this post 01-18-2013 at 06:01 PM
Graniteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #16617
none
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Levers look like nice items. Are those pivot pegs on there?
none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #16618
Graniteone
3,2,1...Beer me!

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by none View Post
Levers look like nice items. Are those pivot pegs on there?
Yep, Pivot Pegz. I am a big fan.
Graniteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #16619
Sno Dawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
set you a pm about the levers

sent you a pm about the levers
i am very interested

Thanks,
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteone View Post
Finally got a few extra bits for my Scrambler. Ordered two sets of the2wheels.com levers by accident. Really like the levers but don't need the extra set. I ll do $30 shipped if someone wants the the extra set. Got in a good ride today. Really enjoying this bike.

A few pics of the levers and bike.

2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5 V6 - RED SLED- RTT - 3 inch lift
Sno Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #16620
Sno Dawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Scramber levers

just sent you the money for the levers
thanks

Sno Dawg
2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5 V6 - RED SLED- RTT - 3 inch lift