ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
tooshaggy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
2013 Western V-Strom Gathering

Hi all, my name is Matt, aka Tooshaggy.
It is my pleasure to announce the dates for the 2013 V-Strom Western Gathering!!!!

OFFICIAL RALLY WEBSITE: http://2013westernvstromgathering.weebly.com/index.html

.GDB FILES ARE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE FOR MOST OF THE RIDES!! Download them and check them out!

Courtyard by Marriott, Oxnard/Ventura
600 East Esplanade Drive Oxnard, California 93036 USA
July 19-21, 2013.
1-805-988-3600
Mention V-Strom Motorcycle group.
$109 a night + tax
Pacific Ocean, here we come!!!

MCGrath Campground that we had planned on is HOPELESSLY FLOODED, requiring our Plan "B" put to use.

Camping is Located as Lake Casitas in The "Osprey" (aka"O")

One campsite (Up to 8 campers) is reserved for those arriving early on Thursday. (Site 51)

Three Campsites (Sites #50, #51, #54= situated together) are reserved for Friday and Saturday nights (up to 24 campers).
Cost will be divided by number of participants .

There are coin showers at the entrance to the park. If you look on the campground map it's about 2 miles from the Campsites. Sorry but this is plan B we having to work with.

I will have some firewood delivered to the sites to use.

There is a store along the road that has a variety of beverages and Campground store basics (food/Ice/Beer/ Fishing gear/ etc) will be open till 9 PM (or possibly 10 I was told).

The park is run by Ventura County and they have personnel checking tags at the gated entrance that i'm working on for each confirmed camper .FYI- It's pretty tightly run unlike a campground up in the woods.

http://www.casitaswater.org/lower.ph...campground-map

(Do not confuse with Lake Castaic in nearby LA County)

Contact
Stephen A
Knightstrom
ipokedmyeyeout@gmail.com
(805)801-965 zero Cell

We have a leader for the people that want to do a dirt ride. There will also be long and short asphalt rides! There will be camping nearby at Lake Casitas and McGrath State beach.
More info to come.

The dealership we have selected is http://www.calcoastmotorsports.com/ and they are very happy to give us the kind of service we are used to!!!!
Here is a link to a great campground perhaps about 30 minutes from the base Hotel.
http://www.casitaswater.org/lower.php?url=camping
McGrath State beach info here: www.parks.ca.gov

We now have an email adress just for the rally: vstromwest2013@gmail.com
Feel free to send me messages through that adress as I get them faster than PM's.
We are also on twitter @VStromWest13 and FACEBOOK! ---- http://www.facebook.com/groups/482338125127728/
-- so follow us for updates!

The giveaways are coming in slowly but surely!!!
So far Giant Loop, Happy -Trails.com, Twisted Throttle, MurphsKits.com, EagleRider and SV Racing parts, AdventureTech and TheHelmetHook.com have all contributed!
Be sure you are at the dinner Saturday night! Great chance to win something!!

We are looking for vendors, and if you want to promote a product with givaways for the Saturday night dinner, email me at the @gmail addy above!

More to come!

tooshaggy screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 09:57 AM
tooshaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
Bill_Z
Dude! chill,...

Oddometer: 460
Now THIS is very interesting. No date posted, as yet, but the idea of 2,500+ miles on my Wee is just really enticing. And you're planning this far in advance get's my attention too. I like it. I'll be watching to see how this developes with anxious anticipation.
LIMNCS #51
Bill_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
tooshaggy OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Z View Post
Now THIS is very interesting. No date posted, as yet, but the idea of 2,500+ miles on my Wee is just really enticing. And you're planning this far in advance get's my attention too. I like it. I'll be watching to see how this developes with anxious anticipation.
Thanks! This will be an awesome rally. I am going to take it to the next level. Social media, GPS files, self guided tours. I have a lot of great ideas and am working to make it happen! The last 3 rallies I have done have taken me 3000 miles in 7 days or so. LOVE IT!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
Bonebag
ADDvrider

Oddometer: 5,375
A bit of advice if you will...don't make that your email address. If you decide on being a rally boss for more than one year you will regret having to change it every year.. Best of Luck
Bonebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
tooshaggy OP
Adventurer

Ha! No plans to be Rally boss! I'm doing this year, and that's it. It's supposed to move around. One year was in SD, then we did Montrose CO, then was Boise ID, and just had the Dalles, OR.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #6
tooshaggy OP
Adventurer

UPDATE::::
KnightStrom has been checking out the Ventura area for Camping, M/C dealers, Hotel, ETC. We are looking at a mid July timeframe. There will be dirt riding available! We are only considering camping sites with showers because bathing in salt water WILL dry your skin out FAST!
We are going over hotel proposals at this time and will make a decision soon. At that time, the date will be announced.
The dealership will be hosting a BBQ for us Friday night, and they will be offering tow service and extended hours.
I am making this a 3 day rally. There will be organized rides Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This will give time to hang on the beach, or do whatever you want!
This is a beautiful area to ride, with many different climates and terrain available.
Meaningful updates will be made to post #1 of this thread.
STAY TUNED or subscribe to this thread!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
DirtRider....
Wandering Turtle

Oddometer: 281
Subscribed!!
DirtRider.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
WeeBee08
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Mid July . . .

Ventura. Beach. Showers. Hope I can make it (from No. Cal.). Subscribed!
WeeBee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
cvan810
cvan

Oddometer: 10
Interested and subscribed.
cvan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #10
tooshaggy OP
Adventurer

Update!!!!!

Here is the hotel info for the rally:

Courtyard by Marriott, Oxnard/Ventura
600 East Esplanade Drive Oxnard, California 93036 USA
July 19-21, 2013.
1-805-988-3600
Mention V-Strom Motorcycle group.
$109 a night + tax
Pacific Ocean, here we come!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
tooshaggy OP
Adventurer

OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR THE RALLY: http://2013westernvstromgathering.weebly.com/index.html
It has all the info you will need!
Make your reservations TODAY!!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #12
tooshaggy OP
Adventurer

.GDB FILES ARE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE FOR MOST OF THE RIDES!! Download them and check them out!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #13
tooshaggy OP
Adventurer

The following is from Knightstrom:

Hey Ya'll

I realize I've been pretty silent so far... I've been insanely busy this last year going through a intense year long health technician training program, working half time and(successfully) keeping a relationship going. The holiday nearly pushed me over the edge but I'm now finished and essentially free for a couple of months while taking boards and the hiring process goes forward..

I had a few days back in October and went down to Ventura and scouted out the various hotels, food catering options, campgrounds, met with CalCoast Motorsports, and other on the ground work. We made a conscious effort to try to keep prices down to include everyone we have met over the years and to meet new ones. Neither of us have done anything like this, but we got great advice from previous hosts and learning as we go along. MAtts been doing the bulk of everything while I've been concentrating on accommodations primarily . The hotel as you know is already selected. The camping had not been official till now.

I have tentatively reserved space for up to 30 campers and McGrath State Beach in Ventura-- it's about 15 minutes from the Hotel in Oxnard.
What I'm hoping to get is a rough headcount of interested campers. I do not want to under book camp space. McGrath was selected due to location and has shower facilities.. I looked at a local RV campground but it wouldn't be optimal for a group of that size. I will have firewood at the campsite. I'm thinking of reserving a section for those that arrive Thursday night early and Sunday night for those wanting to wait to leave Monday.

I'll be heading down again in a soon to do some more legwork/followup in a couple weeks. Thanks you to others that live locally or with local knowledge that is helping to make this event a successful one. Your input and local knowledge is greatly appreciated. I live about 2-3 hours north of Ventura myself and while familiar with the area neither Matt or myself are true locals.

McGrath SB

I realize some are on the fence but if you think you might come and camp please let us know ASAP. These sites are going - every other weekend of that month is reserved already. IF i need to reserve more I can but need a reasonable headcount with a safe surplus as much as one can predict. Please email me or Matt via the official website preferably.

Contact - 2013 Suzuki V-Strom*Western*Gathering

Cheers!!Steve (aka Knightstrom)
Old 02-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #14
knightstrom
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hey Ya'll

I realize I've been pretty silent so far... I've been insanely busy this last year going through a intense year long health technician training program, working half time and(successfully) keeping a relationship going. The holiday nearly pushed me over the edge but I'm now finished and essentially free for a couple of months while taking boards and the hiring process goes forward..

I had a few days back in October and went down to Ventura and scouted out the various hotels, food catering options, campgrounds, met with CalCoast Motorsports, and other on the ground work. We made a conscious effort to try to keep prices down to include everyone we have met over the years and to meet new ones. Neither of us have done anything like this, but we got great advice from previous hosts and learning as we go along. MAtts been doing the bulk of everything while I've been concentrating on accommodations primarily . The hotel as you know is already selected. The camping had not been official till now.

I have tentatively reserved space for up to 30 campers and McGrath State Beach in Ventura-- it's about 15 minutes from the Hotel in Oxnard.
What I'm hoping to get is a rough headcount of interested campers. I do not want to under book camp space. McGrath was selected due to location and has shower facilities.. I looked at a local RV campground but it wouldn't be optimal for a group of that size. I will have firewood at the campsite. I'm thinking of reserving a section for those that arrive Thursday night early and Sunday night for those wanting to wait to leave Monday.

I'll be heading down again in a soon to do some more legwork/followup in a couple weeks. Thanks you to others that live locally or with local knowledge that is helping to make this event a successful one. Your input and local knowledge is greatly appreciated. I live about 2-3 hours north of Ventura myself and while familiar with the area neither Matt or myself are true locals.

McGrath SB

I realize some are on the fence but if you think you might come and camp please let us know ASAP. These sites are going - every other weekend of that month is reserved already. IF i need to reserve more I can but need a reasonable headcount with a safe surplus as much as one can predict.

Please email me or Matt via the official website preferably.

Cheers!!Steve (aka Knightstrom)
knightstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
knightstrom
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hey Ya'll

Oops i double posted the same info above. My advrider account became actie though I've lurked here before.. looking forward to meeting those who can come.

Cheers!!!
Steve
knightstrom is offline   Reply With Quote