ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #16
Ron_Ces OP
Aging Hacker

Oddometer: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
Now, that's the problem in a nutshell, and why you probably are wasting your time getting legislation passed to allow it in NJ, one of the most densely populated areas in the USA. Instead, just follow some reasonable guidelines, and you will be able to get away with years of lane splitting without a ticket:

1. Make sure there is no police officer or police vehicle around when you do it. Those are usually the cars with the lights on top!

2. Go to the front of the line only when the traffic is stopped, watching out for road rage door openers when you do it.

3. Only lane "adjust" on highways when the traffic is stopped or only going a few mph. As the speed picks up, get back in line.

4. If you cut to the front of the line at a light, "get out of Dodge" quickly when the light changes. Out of sight, out of mind.

5. Don't try to understand the drivers of cars. They are brain dead. .And will try and kill you if they can.

6. If you lane split and someone gets mad, don't stop at the next light, or discuss the matter with the red-faced one. Again, "get out of Dodge".

7. Make the lane splitting look like you are just changing lanes to avoid an accident.

8. If stopped by an officer of the law, again explain that you were just trying to avoid a collision. And include the PBA card with your license and registration!

Those simple rules have worked for 45 years. If I get a ticket now, I'd consider it a decent price to pay for all that time saved.

Anyone else have a suggestion?
I do and will. I would just like it to be legal...
Ron
Honda Pacific Coast
Ron_Ces is offline   Reply With Quote