ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #15436
clint64
Gnarly Adventurer
 
clint64's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Duluth, GA
Oddometer: 102
Quick question for the group. I am in Atlanta, GA and wondered which of the Triumph dealers guys have found the best to work with on 1) the purchase of the new bike and 2) ongoing service. I am planning to purchase no later than Mid March. Thanks for your help.

Clint
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #15437
TigerXC
Adventurer
 
TigerXC's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Motardo View Post
I guess I fall outside the norm of Tiger 800 owners because I just don't give a shit about the odometer. I never "use" the odometer while I'm riding because I know how many total miles are on my bikes every time I fire one up. Once I'm actually on the road, there are more important things to do. On the other hand, I very much appreciate the two switchable trip odo's because those are functions I use every time I ride and/or gas up.

I can understand wondering why Triumph took this approach because it seems like it wouldn't take much to make switching to the odo a simple one step option. But really, I still don't give a shit. If I had to choose one function that I'm really missing on the 800's cluster, it would be ambient temperature.
I too am with the Dr on this one, I don't use it while riding. With two trip ODO, I use one for daily and the other for cumulative multi day ODO on extended trips. Saves me from doing the mental math (subtract starting mileage from current/ending mileage)...but maybe I'm missing something...why do some need total mileage while riding and think that not having it detracts from the bike?
TigerXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #15438
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint64 View Post
Quick question for the group. I am in Atlanta, GA and wondered which of the Triumph dealers guys have found the best to work with on 1) the purchase of the new bike and 2) ongoing service. I am planning to purchase no later than Mid March. Thanks for your help.

Clint
you may also try the regional forums and ask over there too.. you will probably get a lot more feedback. Triumph shows three dealers in atlanta. looks like two are owned by the same group.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #15439
clint64
Gnarly Adventurer
 
clint64's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Duluth, GA
Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
you may also try the regional forums and ask over there too.. you will probably get a lot more feedback. Triumph shows three dealers in atlanta. looks like two are owned by the same group.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will post in the regional forums as well. You are right, I had researched the Triumph website and actually went by one of the dealers this past weekend.
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #15440
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
you may also try the regional forums and ask over there too.. you will probably get a lot more feedback. Triumph shows three dealers in atlanta. looks like two are owned by the same group.
I might add that I believe the headquarters for Triumph USA is in Atlanta as well. That's a huge plus.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #15441
clint64
Gnarly Adventurer
 
clint64's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Duluth, GA
Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
I might add that I believe the headquarters for Triumph USA is in Atlanta as well. That's a huge plus.
That is a big plus. Well the CFO, also know as the wife, has approved the purchase for late Feb to Mid March, so I am really excited. Even though I have been riding for 40 years, this will be the first time, I have ever bought a brand new bike.
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #15442
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs
 
Dirtysouth's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: 30120
Oddometer: 4,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerXC View Post
...but maybe I'm missing something...why do some need total mileage while riding and think that not having it detracts from the bike?


It's just proof in the pudding, that someone is going to always find something to moan about, no matter how trivial it may be. I mean if all a person can complain about is the fact that the total mileage doesn't show up on the odo at all times, I'd like to think that Triumph did a good job on the rest of the bike.
__________________
"...When your time comes to die, do not be like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death,
So that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over a different way.
Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Tecumseh
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #15443
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint64 View Post
That is a big plus. Well the CFO, also know as the wife, has approved the purchase for late Feb to Mid March, so I am really excited. Even though I have been riding for 40 years, this will be the first time, I have ever bought a brand new bike.
Congrats. It will not disappoint. Duluth, huh? Damn your lucky.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #15444
DennyMyBoy
Hoping for a Tiger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: New Jersey
Oddometer: 34
Looking like things just might work out with a nearby dealer. Will share the numbers once a deal is hopefully confirmed. For now, I have a few questions I'm hoping others can help me with.

Are there any changes between the 2012 and the 2013 models? All along I've been assuming there are absolutely none but it would be good to have this confirmed. Also, I'm thinking that at the time of purchase I will add a center stand and the additional front lights. Are there any aftermarket options to consider for those two items or should I stick with ones made by Triumph? Are there any additional accessories that you would suggest? Any other issues or concerns I should be thinking about for day of delivery? Many thanks! Will keep you posted.
DennyMyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #15445
2dflyer
Wheelie Conflicted
 
2dflyer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Oddometer: 31
Late to the party. Starting to think (again) about an adv mount and just the kind of write up I was looking for on the XC. Thanks much.
2dflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #15446
wrecked'em
satisfied enzyte user
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: n.o. la.
Oddometer: 431
our dealer is having a coming out party for it tomorrow. congrats on the super nice bike . tell us more about it please
__________________
tiger 1050
wrecked'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #15447
kingofZroad
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kingofZroad's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Montrose, CO
Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyMyBoy View Post
Looking like things just might work out with a nearby dealer. Will share the numbers once a deal is hopefully confirmed. For now, I have a few questions I'm hoping others can help me with.

Are there any changes between the 2012 and the 2013 models? All along I've been assuming there are absolutely none but it would be good to have this confirmed. Also, I'm thinking that at the time of purchase I will add a center stand and the additional front lights. Are there any aftermarket options to consider for those two items or should I stick with ones made by Triumph? Are there any additional accessories that you would suggest? Any other issues or concerns I should be thinking about for day of delivery? Many thanks! Will keep you posted.
There is no difference between the 2012's and the 2013's, sans the matte green color replacing orange....
kingofZroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #15448
Too Tall
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Too Tall's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa Great Lakes
Oddometer: 172
Need a recommendation for an online USA source for Triumph Tiger 800 parts. Would like to have parts diagrams, accessories, prices, and online ordering capability.

Anyone?
__________________
-Fortunately still working on my Bucket List-
2014 KTM 300XCW
2013 KTM 500EXC
2012 Triumph 800XC
2010 KTM 990 SMT
Too Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #15449
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,845
http://www.bikebandit.com
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #15450
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer
 
freefall109's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 155
Clunk Clang

Jphish/ EVOM

My XC does the same thing on washboard rd. FWIW, I read a few forums on Triumph Rat Net where some folks have isolated and attributed it to "chain slap" on the protector in the low RPM range when the tension is lower. Buggers the hell out of me.

Good write up, I went into BMW with the intention of buying the 800gs but eventually bit on the XC after multiple test rides...not disappointed at in the bike. Just wish there was more a community like BMW has.
freefall109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014