User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #31
OurBC
Live to Travel

Oddometer: 383
Friday

Be there on Friday with Fishnbiker and friends, see you all there.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #32
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West View Post
Just a few Surrey girls who need a day time job. The Abbotsford show is so amateur that these girls are a perfect match to the quality of vendors that are there.

This subject of girls working the show reminds me of a situation a few years ago. I belong to a motorcycle club who display machines for public display. We are paid a very small honorarium to our efforts as a non profit organization, and any income we receive from these efforts are fully disclosed each tax year. It seems that one year a member [no longer a member] took it upon himself to hire 2 aspiring Vancouver actresses on behalf of a misguided club excecutive, with 'minimal' efforts to declare the costs involved. Turns out, they arrive semi clothed, given free entry, and were paid a considerable sum to display their attributes. Needless to say, the shite hit the fan when those in the club with common sense and responsible ethical and financially responsiblity became aware of this silly escapade.
Of course, a club hiring such professional help and a company hiring such help are distinctly different. Alas, the club does not do such things as this any more.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #33
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
This subject of girls working the show reminds me of a situation a few years ago. I belong to a motorcycle club who display machines for public display. We are paid a very small honorarium to our efforts as a non profit organization, and any income we receive from these efforts are fully disclosed each tax year. It seems that one year a member [no longer a member] took it upon himself to hire 2 aspiring Vancouver actresses on behalf of a misguided club excecutive, with 'minimal' efforts to declare the costs involved. Turns out, they arrive semi clothed, given free entry, and were paid a considerable sum to display their attributes. Needless to say, the shite hit the fan when those in the club with common sense and responsible ethical and financially responsiblity became aware of this silly escapade.
Of course, a club hiring such professional help and a company hiring such help are distinctly different. Alas, the club does not do such things as this any more.
So that means I have to pay my own way this year?!?! Crap! Just for that I'm not wearing the booty shorts or the halter top!!!
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #34
panorton
Charming as F**k

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
So that means I have to pay my own way this year?!?! Crap! Just for that I'm not wearing the booty shorts or the halter top!!!

Hey Cowgirl. which day are you going? I'll be there sunday morning at the BMOC booth. stop by and say hi. My wife will be there and she's a big fan. She loved your blind date RR.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #35
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by panorton View Post
Hey Cowgirl. which day are you going? I'll be there sunday morning at the BMOC booth. stop by and say hi. My wife will be there and she's a big fan. She loved your blind date RR.
See you Sunday then!
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #36
xlcc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
bike show

Hope you all have a fun time at the show.I just don't feel like driveing my picup truck that far for one day then turn around and head back home so I'll be ready for work Monday morning.Now if all this snow was'nt here and I could just hop on my bike,you bet,I'd be there!
xlcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #37
OurBC
Live to Travel

Oddometer: 383
I think the 2012 show was a little biigger and better than the 2013 version.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #38
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBC View Post
I think the 2012 show was a little biigger and better than the 2013 version.

Yeah, different promoter this year for the first time. Also, the temporary tent area was missing,,,not sure if it's because the whole thing caved in last year from the snow & wind, or if the promoter's rumoured higher floor space rentals scared away vendors.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote