Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #1951
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
Question for tuneecu users

Yesterday uploaded a different map to my 06 990Adv. bike was not running properly, terrible flatspot at 3-4k rpm, and 23 MPG.. :(

As soon as the map was loaded, pressed "reset adaptation" and when the task was being done noticed the TPS voltage went up to 0,85v.

flipped the key off, then on, the TPS 0,85v remained unchanged even after connecting tuneecu again. Started the engine and imediatly the revs went to 4k rpm and stood there for a while, then dropped to 3,5k and stood there.

Turned the engine off, loaded the previous map, did reset adaptation, TPS voltage went down to 0,68v. flipped key off, then on, started and it idled fine.

WTF? the tps voltage looks rather high but below that after many many tests, it kept the revs high without dropping below 3k.
sounds like the speed idle motor setting in that other mapping is different?. just compair the idle speed setting.

by the way a tps voltage of 0.68v is quite high, this should be between 0,55-0.65v when the engine is warm (according 2011 ktm smt/smr manual) so optimal setting is 0.6v when the engine is warm
Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #1952
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
sounds like the speed idle motor setting in that other mapping is different?. just compair the idle speed setting.

by the way a tps voltage of 0.68v is quite high, this should be between 0,55-0.65v when the engine is warm (according 2011 ktm smt/smr manual) so optimal setting is 0.6v when the engine is warm
If you're talking about the map idle settings, these are the same. Even if they were different that would not cause this high idle.. afaik.

Yes, the tps voltage is quite high but it's the only setting where the idling works ok. Tried many values, believe me, many values, from 0,45 up to 0,8 , this is the best it could do. On my 950 had it set to 0,6 flat and it ran like a dream. this one is acting like a bitch...

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #1953
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,108
did you ever reset adaptation after readjusting the tps? sound like your doing manual adaptation with the tps instead of calibrating the ecu software to the new setting.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #1954
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
If you're talking about the map idle settings, these are the same. Even if they were different that would not cause this high idle.. afaik.

Yes, the tps voltage is quite high but it's the only setting where the idling works ok. Tried many values, believe me, many values, from 0,45 up to 0,8 , this is the best it could do. On my 950 had it set to 0,6 flat and it ran like a dream. this one is acting like a bitch...
strange...

just a long shot, because i know the ecu also uses the map sensors for idle rpm.
and i assume the throttle bodies are properly synched.
maybe there is a rubber booth between the throttle bodies and cylinder a very little bit leaking or the map sensor connection is a bit clogged (at throttle body).
causing this strange behavior??
Old 01-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #1955
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
did you ever reset adaptation after readjusting the tps? sound like your doing manual adaptation with the tps instead of calibrating the ecu software to the new setting.
Not sure if i understood you correctly, you mean press reset adaptation after every tps (device) adjustment? For sure i haven't done it always, but after any map change i press reset adaptation... just in case.

Am i missing some step?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
strange...

just a long shot, because i know the ecu also uses the map sensors for idle rpm.
and i assume the throttle bodies are properly synched.
maybe there is a rubber booth between the throttle bodies and cylinder a very little bit leaking or the map sensor connection is a bit clogged (at throttle body).
causing this strange behavior??
Can't be 100% sure, only if something microscopic but i've removed the TB's to check the intake boots, and all piping related to MAP sensors. Both have been thoroughly blow with compressed air.. no signs of any kind of blockage.

Yes TB's appear to be synched, relying on tuneecu map info, these are less than 5 units apart from each other.

690R
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #1956
Alex_RO
Wanderer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhaw View Post
Hi guys and girls

Have been fighting with my stalling 990 2006 eu model for some time now.
Downloaded the 2007/08 map which gave me more options..
Adjusted throttle, reset adaptation and let her idle for 15 min and no more stalling.

Brilliant

Thanks for all your help

Hi there,

did you by any chance check the condition of the fuel filters? Had something similar a couple of years ago (and EXACTLY the same now) and it was fixed by new filters. I haven't had the opportunity to install the new filters yet (KTM didn't have any on stock, ordered them in August... finally got them in November - a bit late to mount / test them) but I'm hoping it would fix it again.

I've got a TuneEcu cable on it's way anyway.

Thanks, Alex
Alex_RO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #1957
pdxthmper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Values in F1 and F2 tables

Ok so have been comparing differnt maps, stock, arka, custom extra and know I am wonder what the values in the fuel tables actually are, or put another way what are the units for the various tables?
Thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #1958
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxthmper View Post
Ok so have been comparing differnt maps, stock, arka, custom extra and know I am wonder what the values in the fuel tables actually are, or put another way what are the units for the various tables?
Thanks
Milligrams of air. Higher the number the more air the ECU thinks it is getting. The more fuel then the ECU delivers.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #1959
990s
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:

Yesterday uploaded a different map to my 06 990Adv. bike was not running properly, terrible flatspot at 3-4k rpm, and 23 MPG.. :(

As soon as the map was loaded, pressed "reset adaptation" and when the task was being done noticed the TPS voltage went up to 0,85v.

flipped the key off, then on, the TPS 0,85v remained unchanged even after connecting tuneecu again. Started the engine and imediatly the revs went to 4k rpm and stood there for a while, then dropped to 3,5k and stood there.

Turned the engine off, loaded the previous map, did reset adaptation, TPS voltage went down to 0,68v. flipped key off, then on, started and it idled fine.

WTF? the tps voltage looks rather high but below that after many many tests, it kept the revs high without dropping below 3k.
Did you use a battery charger when you did your work with tuneecu? Its draining the battery, and when the ecu reads battery power under a defined point under its start up check, it responding with higher idle rpm,s typically about 4000 rpm.
990s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #1960
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 990s View Post
Did you use a battery charger when you did your work with tuneecu? Its draining the battery, and when the ecu reads battery power under a defined point under its start up check, it responding with higher idle rpm,s typically about 4000 rpm.
Yes.

But when loading back the previous map, did not use the battery charger and when started the engine the idle was fine, so we can assume the battery had good power.

690R
Old 01-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #1961
d-squared
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Anyone need a Cable?

I've got a spare TuneECU cable for the 990Adventure. If anyone is interested send me a private message.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #1962
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,712
Adjusting the TPS and High Idle

When you adjust the TPS, the idle may be very high or low afterward. You need to turn off the power for 5 sec. or so to let the ECU clear out the previous setting. Then when you re-start it will be normal again.

If you get erratic idling. Look at the TPS sensor quality. Open the throttle and snap it shut, it needs to go back to the same voltage. It should smoothly change voltages when you move the throttle. These will get dirty and need to be replaced.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #1963
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
When you adjust the TPS, the idle may be very high or low afterward. You need to turn off the power for 5 sec. or so to let the ECU clear out the previous setting. Then when you re-start it will be normal again.
Did that too. Waited far more than 10 secs. Same results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
If you get erratic idling. Look at the TPS sensor quality. Open the throttle and snap it shut, it needs to go back to the same voltage. It should smoothly change voltages when you move the throttle. These will get dirty and need to be replaced.
Doesn't appear to have erratic figures, did that too. Even did the adjust throttle procedure of the 690, power on, rotate gently till full, then back, switch off, always looking at the voltage value and % pointer in tuneecu... One interesting detail is that at full throttle the voltage is 4,07volts instead o 3,91v or so... been told to ignore this, but it seems rather unusual.

690R
Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #1964
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,712
Quote:

I've had a bad load with TuneECU before. Very un-ballanced running, poor mileage. Loading a different map and then the desired one again fixed it.

When you load a map, TuneECU will perform a Reset Adaptation for you. You don't have to push the button again.

You can ignore the high voltage at full throttle, all TPS' are different.

So, does it run ok now?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #1965
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,962
I've been trying out different maps and settings and improving the feel of my bike. Now i think that i should go to a FI tuner who can tune the bike on a dyno alongwith AFR measurements. My intention is to have smooth power and better mileage. Not looking for peak power, but will be happy if it is a side-effect

oh, and a BIG thanks again to the TuneECU creators, just made a small contribution for their good work and suggest you guys (who still haven't done so) to consider doing the same.
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote