ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #706
andrewgore
Team MGH
 
andrewgore's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Suburbs, IL
Oddometer: 3,165
Via Twitter:
Racerxvt: I'm hearing that @JS7 has a torn ACL but WILL race the remainder of the SX series. #Supercrosslive

http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/01/...-acl-will-race

Andrew
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #707
zenjen
Go Outside
 
zenjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Quartz Mtn. West end of the Wichitas
Oddometer: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
.

Big Jug.

.


.

I'll see ya and double down.

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieO View Post

zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #708
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Roczen might as well take up golf or tennis good luck beating Tomac.
+1 and pretty much what I thought while watching him chase down Dungey and Barcia in that last heat in Vegas!
__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #709
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer
 
nobrakes's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: North Carolina
Oddometer: 3,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
He's a fan favorite for sure. I'm wondering how long they will keep him in the pre-race intro's while he's just barely finishing top 10. Hate to see them drop him from that.

They've dropped him from race coverage, don't remember seeing him get any mention this year? Probably wrong about that though.

That makes me ask if Carnard was included in the pre-race at A1? He's earned it.
This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. They spend sooooooo much time on the fluff bull shit with some hope that they are going to get your grandma to watch it, that they spend zero time on pretty much anyone that's not a top 5 contender. Why not spread some love around to, I don't know, the WHOLE DAMN FIELD? Walk around through the pits with a camera and a microphone and talk setup with these racers, get inside their helmets. I'm sure the fans would love it, and maybe even grandma, too. I think the producer(s) of SX totally misunderstand their audience. We are not the monster truck crowd. Not that there's anything wrong with monster trucks. Most SX fans are hard core race fans. They could learn A LOT from the MotoGP coverage. They do a much better job of *race* coverage, than the bullshit SX dumbed down fluff crapola.

And yes, Ralph sucks as a commentator. When he commentates MotoGP occasionally when speed takes over the coverage when the races are here in the states, what is normally an excellent broadcast goes right down the tubes, instantly. And I can only assume when he does the commentating, the same crappy producers that produce SX are there too, telling Ralph everything to say. So bring on the "World Feed" for SX, like they have for MotoGP, and drop the amateur producing and commentating - professional racers in a highly competitive, super-human sport deserve professional commentators and production.

/rant off

That said, I'm glad we have coverage, especially live coverage. It's good to have it, but it could be sooooo much better.
__________________
“It’s habits that make us, and habits that break us.”

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #710
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. They spend sooooooo much time on the fluff bull shit with some hope that they are going to get your grandma to watch it, that they spend zero time on pretty much anyone that's not a top 5 contender. Why not spread some love around to, I don't know, the WHOLE DAMN FIELD? Walk around through the pits with a camera and a microphone and talk setup with these racers, get inside their helmets. I'm sure the fans would love it, and maybe even grandma, too. I think the producer(s) of SX totally misunderstand their audience. We are not the monster truck crowd. Not that there's anything wrong with monster trucks. Most SX fans are hard core race fans. They could learn A LOT from the MotoGP coverage. They do a much better job of *race* coverage, than the bullshit SX dumbed down fluff crapola.

And yes, Ralph sucks as a commentator. When he commentates MotoGP occasionally when speed takes over the coverage when the races are here in the states, what is normally an excellent broadcast goes right down the tubes, instantly. And I can only assume when he does the commentating, the same crappy producers that produce SX are there too, telling Ralph everything to say. So bring on the "World Feed" for SX, like they have for MotoGP, and drop the amateur producing and commentating - professional racers in a highly competitive, super-human sport deserve professional commentators and production.

/rant off

That said, I'm glad we have coverage, especially live coverage. It's good to have it, but it could be sooooo much better.

[ramp up rant]
Get ready for the upcoming CBS weekend. We're going to get a one minute wrap of heat race 1, Heat race 2 interrupted by commercials, maybe a causal mention that there is a LCQ. Then some clips from the main between more commercials.
And 30 minutes of Ralph interviewing Jeff for the 900th time.

/rant off ... not!


BTW, I kind of like Monster Trucks!


.
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #711
amazing ricardo
Piste Off
 
amazing ricardo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Perihelion of Mercury
Oddometer: 3,543
you paint a really grim picture
amazing ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #712
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing ricardo View Post
you paint a really grim picture
Yeah, but when it comes on I'm gonna watch and enjoy it, and since I have about 5 favorites I'm sure the podium will have at least 2 of my guys on it.


.
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #713
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Ill, But I tell people NW IN.
Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. They spend sooooooo much time on the fluff bull shit with some hope that they are going to get your grandma to watch it, that they spend zero time on pretty much anyone that's not a top 5 contender. Why not spread some love around to, I don't know, the WHOLE DAMN FIELD? Walk around through the pits with a camera and a microphone and talk setup with these racers, get inside their helmets. I'm sure the fans would love it, and maybe even grandma, too. I think the producer(s) of SX totally misunderstand their audience. We are not the monster truck crowd. Not that there's anything wrong with monster trucks. Most SX fans are hard core race fans. They could learn A LOT from the MotoGP coverage. They do a much better job of *race* coverage, than the bullshit SX dumbed down fluff crapola.

And yes, Ralph sucks as a commentator. When he commentates MotoGP occasionally when speed takes over the coverage when the races are here in the states, what is normally an excellent broadcast goes right down the tubes, instantly. And I can only assume when he does the commentating, the same crappy producers that produce SX are there too, telling Ralph everything to say. So bring on the "World Feed" for SX, like they have for MotoGP, and drop the amateur producing and commentating - professional racers in a highly competitive, super-human sport deserve professional commentators and production.

/rant off


That said, I'm glad we have coverage, especially live coverage. It's good to have it, but it could be sooooo much better.

Some of what you say is spot on, but some is way off. Feld knows it market for supercross and it is the monster truck crowd. We go to 2-3 SX races a year when I talk to the people around us I ask "who do you want to see win"? Most of the time it is James Stewart. When you tell them he is hurt and wont be racing they have no clue. Watch how many people leave before the 450 main. At St. Louis last year the couple sitting next to me said they never been to a race or seen it on TV just thought is would be something different to do. They did enjoy the the race and where asking me question all through the race. If it was die hard moto face fans going to the races the place would be packed ALL day. It's not. I would say less than 15% of the nights crowd is there for the practice sessions.

SX is for the casual fan. You can see the full track, you get a sit, it's not too long, Easy to get food and drinks.

My daughter said she will not watch the race with me on Sunday because, she doesn't want to hear me complain the whole time. And the funny thing is she is right.
__________________

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #714
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,488
One columnist is calling Villapoto --RV Park.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #715
bikerfish
flyfishandride
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: western pa
Oddometer: 1,402
I just think it's great to see some new faces up front, hoping it continues.
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #716
brents347
Trusting my Cape...
 
brents347's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Where the hell is Truckee, CA?
Oddometer: 3,473
I just want to see everyone healthy for 2 more weeks, until my local round in O-town.
__________________
07 Yamaha R6
07 KTM 950 Super Enduro
04 KTM 250exc- plated two-stroke

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #717
nachtflug
infidel
 
nachtflug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: Harrys place
Oddometer: 45,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Via Twitter:
Racerxvt: I'm hearing that @JS7 has a torn ACL but WILL race the remainder of the SX series. #Supercrosslive

http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/01/...-acl-will-race

Andrew
ok january 18th and he's done.

it's too early to say Barcia/Milsapps/Canard are going to make life in the top 3 or 4 by invitation only but assuming Dungey continues to under perform and father time continues to have his way with Reed the chances for RV are either very good or very bleak.

it's like in the NFL the teams that start 0 - 2 are deemed hopeless and the 2-0 teams are a lock for a deep run into the playoffs.

don't forget to tip your waitress.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #718
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer
 
GotMojo?'s Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Oddometer: 4,107
I only started following supercross over the last couple of years. I used to watch a little bit back in the day of Damon Bradshaw, Jeff Ward, and so on, but then took a long break from it until around 2010. My question is... why are these guys so injury prone, or has it always been that way. Back when I followed Bradshaw, Ward, etc I don't remember all these injuries, but maybe I just didn't pay as much attention (no internet coverage back then, just what I read in MXA magazine and saw occasionally on TV).

Are we just more aware of the injuries now than we were in the past, or have the tracks gotten tougher and the bikes faster, so the guys are just getting hurt when and if they go down. Its ashame that Bubba is already hurt 2 races in, and I won't be surprised if we see some of these other guys get hurt in the next few weeks. I'd love to see 5-6 guys battling it out every weekend, but if recent history repeats itself, we will be down to 1 or 2 by year end.
GotMojo? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #719
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,326


Every year it seems like a race of attrition.

He who stays healthy the longest, wins.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #720
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
I only started following supercross over the last couple of years. I used to watch a little bit back in the day of Damon Bradshaw, Jeff Ward, and so on, but then took a long break from it until around 2010. My question is... why are these guys so injury prone, or has it always been that way. Back when I followed Bradshaw, Ward, etc I don't remember all these injuries, but maybe I just didn't pay as much attention (no internet coverage back then, just what I read in MXA magazine and saw occasionally on TV).

Are we just more aware of the injuries now than we were in the past, or have the tracks gotten tougher and the bikes faster, so the guys are just getting hurt when and if they go down. Its ashame that Bubba is already hurt 2 races in, and I won't be surprised if we see some of these other guys get hurt in the next few weeks. I'd love to see 5-6 guys battling it out every weekend, but if recent history repeats itself, we will be down to 1 or 2 by year end.
Everything is bigger, the horsepower , suspension travel, the jumps. I guess that adds up to bigger crashes.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014