Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #5491
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,383
I wish i was able to do SandBlast,even play pit crew if i could.Im to far behind right now to be able to make it.
The rest of the TG crew will be there.And Xmoto is pop'n his cherry in the Dakar class this year.The Boatman is down tune'n for the Dakar class too,390 Berg and all.
Moab this year in september,,so i gotta pick my rides wisely this season,time is limited.
The Hammer is a must do,so we'll meet up this year.We gotta get Stagehand to the Hammer,,,he'd love it.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".

AWM screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 01:10 PM
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #5492
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,294
Ride Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
Ii gotta pick my rides wisely this season,time is limited.
The Hammer is a must do,so we'll meet up this year.We gotta get Stagehand to the Hammer,,,he'd love it.
Scotty: I use an analogy to being on the boardwalk, I only have a certain amount of ride tickets for each year, I have to pick the rides I want to go on, and when my tickets are used up, I'm, done.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #5493
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash View Post
Scotty: I use an analogy to being on the boardwalk, I only have a certain amount of ride tickets for each year, I have to pick the rides I want to go on, and when my tickets are used up, I'm, done.

Jack

I used to date women like that.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #5494
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,728
I think I may have bent the handle bars today. I was watering the trail, and being that everything here is rain saturated, the kick stand sunk and the bike fell. When I picked it up, it didn't notice anything, but as soon as I was moving, I had to hold the bike slightly right to go straight. I loosened the triple clamp and wiggled the bars to see if there was anything torqued there. It still is not quite straight. I guess I'm going to try and see if loosening the handle bar clamps fixes it tomorrow. They look straight though. I can't believe the bars are bent on a tip over. Anyone got a recommendation for stronger bars with close to the same bend if I need them?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #5495
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
I think I may have bent the handle bars today. I was watering the trail, and being that everything here is rain saturated, the kick stand sunk and the bike fell. When I picked it up, it didn't notice anything, but as soon as I was moving, I had to hold the bike slightly right to go straight. I loosened the triple clamp and wiggled the bars to see if there was anything torqued there. It still is not quite straight. I guess I'm going to try and see if loosening the handle bar clamps fixes it tomorrow. They look straight though. I can't believe the bars are bent on a tip over. Anyone got a recommendation for stronger bars with close to the same bend if I need them?

How do the down tubes look at the axle?
Double wall bars hard pretty hard to bend,,,like that.Stranger things have happened.But i've been running those same bars on KTM's for years and ive freak'n CRASHED hard and dont remeber bending a set.Bent everything else but.
Maybe one of the riser bolts is tweaked.Ive done that before.
You can put straight line on the bars to see if there bent.I use a 3' level.Run it grip to grip and if there bent you'll see it.
And like a KTM,or Berg the X's kick stand sucks.I just loop it when im in the woods and lean the bitch on a tree.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #5496
Gearhead001
Nut

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
I bent the handlebar clamp fasteners. Check and replace as needed with factory fasteners. The fasteners are sacrificial to protect the bars and triple tree.
Gearhead001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #5497
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

I think I'm OK. I loosened the triple tree bolts, and wacked the bars off of the stops a few more times. It seems to be centered. I was going to take it for a test ride, but I didn't beat the rain.

As far as the bar clamps being sacrificial, would a set of highway dirt bike hand guards be a bad idea then? I like them because of the hideaway mirrors. They tie everything together in the design. I could live with the double takes if it saves the triple tree in a crash.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #5498
tundra61
I wish I had a title

Oddometer: 996
I have an entire front end I am will to part with if you need anything. Let me know.
2012 KTM 350 XCF-W
tundra61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #5499
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra61 View Post
I have an entire front end I am will to part with if you need anything. Let me know.
Forks and tree too? I'm interested if only to put them on my F800GS. PM me the details.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #5500
mr man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Power plug 450x

Which harness where does the 10 hp more plug go?
Any pictures where the plug fits in?
Any negatives about it?
mr man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #5501
The Shred
Airventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr man View Post
Which harness where does the 10 hp more plug go?
Any pictures where the plug fits in?
Any negatives about it?
http://www.hexcode.co.za/techinfo/g450x
The Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #5502
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Anyone got a Speedbrain or Touratech seat they want to part with, or loan so I can copy the seat pan?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #5503
mr man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Great wiring pictures Thanks

Wow
30 minutes later and such a nice set pictures that show all the electrical connection including the power plug
Thanks
mr man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #5504
Muecke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Anyone got a Speedbrain or Touratech seat they want to part with, or loan so I can copy the seat pan?
Speedbrain does not have it anymore and I wrote an email directly to Blackbird. But Blackbird answered me, that they will not produce it for the moment. I told them that a lot want this seat, but ,,,

Maybe everyone who wants such a seat should write an email to blackbird:
http://www.blackbirdracing.com/conta...0tLS0tNg%3D%3D

Maybe this can help. :)
Muecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #5505
bmwbeej
Chuck Norris

Oddometer: 15
Yep email sent to Blackbird!
bmwbeej is offline   Reply With Quote