Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #91
Rockman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz_gs View Post
So, anyone have any bike build photo's to post??

Im taking the XR460/4 out for another run this year, just need to heli-coil number 4 Spark plug back in, (No need for comment tREV )

Charged up the battery last week, so it will be out and about shortly. Must also fix the blinkers too.
Ok heres mine. 185 cc of pure power. Still a few things to do

And 50 bucks worth of spare parts. Actually its not as bad as it looks. Its fairy complete and the motor turns over ok so it might get the gong for next years scrap heap yet..

Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #92
yellowchops
Hates Sand

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by colm View Post
This ride should be a big one. About 40 riders so far have indicated their intentions to be there. Some top prizes and give aways are being assembled. Could be a good night at the Oxford also. See you there.
Hey Col, just spoke to Ross about the planned route. My Father in Law on (in) a Ural, with my son in the chair and I ( DR650) would like to join you for at least part of the ride if that is ok. We will be heading over from Tamworth early Sat morning. We need some practice! May even have the scrapper running by then. Cheers Graham
yellowchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #93
Rockman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowchops View Post
Hey Col, just spoke to Ross about the planned route. My Father in Law on (in) a Ural, with my son in the chair and I ( DR650) would like to join you for at least part of the ride if that is ok. We will be heading over from Tamworth early Sat morning. We need some practice! May even have the scrapper running by then. Cheers Graham
G'day Graham
Col is down in Parkes for the Elvis Festival , so I'll answer your question.
Yes no worries with the ural, start is the Oxford Hotel in Inverell but we can accomodate other start points - it'll still cost you 25 bucks though..
You can also pull out of the ride any time you like, but please let us know if that is the case just so we know we havent lost you somewhere along the way.

cheers
Phil
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #94
colm
Hopefull

Oddometer: 157
Elvis is alive. I saw him in Parks.
colm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #95
Travop
Freakazoid

Oddometer: 52
Unfortunately i wont be able to make it this year as i have just started an apprenticeship and wont be able to take any time off D':
HOWEVER
since i am relocating to Toowoomba i MAY be able to host some riders coming from Brisbane or wherever for a night when passing through or even offer some logistical support and use of tools and workshop, i will keep you guys posted if i can help out at all.

Its a great event and i wish everyone good luck!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #96
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,354
Well work progresses with the KTM

I have most of the big lumps done, just a few bolts to tighten and start doing the electrics. I'm still looking for a kick start lever, once i have that i'll see if it runs...... or in frustration i'll try roll starting it. The back shocks are away getting rebuilt. All up I reckon i'll sneak in just under the grand including purchase price which was literally off a scrapheap! I won't be fully registering this one, i reckon i'll try the unregistered vehicle permit option.

Went up and saw the KLEaner yesterday and planned out a route north to Bourke, and took time out to help with his roof ventilation and tried some of his moonshine.

Route is going to be roughly (kicking off Thursday morning) Mudgee - Gulgong (tar) Gulgong - Cobbora (tar and gravel) Cobbora - Mendoran - Tooraweenah (tar and gravel) Tooaweenah- Armatree - Quambone (Tar and gravel_, Quambone - Coolibah - Byrock (tar and Gravel)
. Stay at Byrock Thursday nightThen off to Bourke in the morning, have a pie and an Apple turnover at Merrills bakery then on to Commeroo via Fords Bridge turning right and the Yantabulla turnoff.

Sundays plan is back to Bourke then the backroads to Quambone, stay there Sunday night and back here Monday.

“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #97
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Bump for the cause!

So who else has pics of what they're bringing? C'mon don't be shy, if I can feel comfortable posting up a pic of a KTM in my shed then anyone can join in

“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #98
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Bump for the cause!

So who else has pics of what they're bringing? C'mon don't be shy, if I can feel comfortable posting up a pic of a KTM in my shed then anyone can join in
Well I came home from work last night, went to park the scrambler but this was in its parking spot -

Me:FFS dad, tell me you didn't buy that thing.

Dad: yep, only paid $300 bucks.

Me: ..................................

(not saying I'm a starter, but it could be on the cards)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #99
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Thats a bit flash for a scrapper Rhys! Tell ya what, if you come along for this little adventure I'll buy you a cold beer or ten.....

Old 01-15-2013, 02:25 AM   #100
duxrneet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
A couple goodies on gumtree popped up recently...
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/berwi...nda/1012375625

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/broad...0rr/1012362787

Or if you're real courageous....
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/boron...age/1011687900
Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #101
micknmeld
Always in trouble

Oddometer: 67
Keeping the thread alive.

Here is where I am at.

My $200 NX650

That hurt like a bitch

$175 later and a heap of blood, (literally) sweat and tears. She is a goer.Although the high front guard had to go (it kept catching the speedo cable)

She has had a couple of shakedown rides now, my son and I took last years NX Scrapper and this years one out for a 120km ride and all that went wrong was that this years one blew a fork seal. (I suspected that would happen, considering how rusty the fork tubes were)

Between the 2 NX's they now owe me $1375.00!!

Anyhow that is where we are at, Team Oldbulls Fundraising efforts are also well under way!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 AM   #102
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,710
Looking great Mick!

If anyone has any Video footage from last years Scrapheap can you please PM me

We are trying to put a Promo video together

Just found this one of the XR460/4 arriving at Scrapheap 2012

Ta Muchly

Pezz :)

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #103
colm
Hopefull

Oddometer: 157
For all the non believers. Pezz did actually get there without a ride on the trailer. Did it make it home?
colm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #104
micknmeld
Always in trouble

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by colm View Post
For all the non believers. Pezz did actually get there without a ride on the trailer. Did it make it home?

Sure it made it there and probably might have made it back home, if he hadn't let TB and Pete have a go on it! Luckily the spark plug lead held, otherwise the spark plug would still be orbiting the earth, it came out with such force!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #105
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,710
The Team Inverell Guys are running a fund raising ride on the 8th February, looks to be a good days riding with about 350k's of local dirt to explore. Vince Strang and Ross Worgan will be leading the ride.

There will be lucky door prize of $200 Tool kit. among some other funs bits.

A few of us from Sydney are heading up, and OldDog is taking his might Triumph XC800 for a spin too

Intended Route

More details here:

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote