ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,511
NOCO half day street/gravel ride Sat 1/19

Anyone interested in an easy street/gravel ride tomorrow? Rist, Stove Prairie, Manhattan, Redfeather.... Maybe stop at the temple by Redfeathers? I need to get out and the 990 is calling.

A three hour tour.....
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
SaharaJp99
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Nunn
Oddometer: 622
I might be up for the first portion and possibly the 2nd depending on how manhattan looks. If it is sloppy at all I will stick to the pavement on the FJR. I won't know till late tonight if I can make it or not. Where and when for the meeting place?
SaharaJp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaJp99 View Post
I might be up for the first portion and possibly the 2nd depending on how manhattan looks. If it is sloppy at all I will stick to the pavement on the FJR. I won't know till late tonight if I can make it or not. Where and when for the meeting place?
How about brunch at Vern's. Give things a chance to warm up. 10am?

Plan is flexible.
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
SaharaJp99
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Nunn
Oddometer: 622
Cool, I'll text you in the morning if I'll be able to make it or not.
SaharaJp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Wudscrasher
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Wudscrasher's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 3,967
If I can get insured in the morning, I'm game!
__________________
"An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."
-- Gilbert K. Chesterton
'00 KXDX 220
'94 DR 350SER
Wudscrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:34 AM   #6
SaharaJp99
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Nunn
Oddometer: 622
Sorry Jeff, not going to be able to make this one. Have fun!
SaharaJp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #7
Humpy
love them giblets
 
Humpy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Fort Collins, America
Oddometer: 69
I'm trying to lite a fire under a couple of my riding buddies. We were planning on getting out but were thinking more like 12:00. I'll bet Rist will be an ice rink in the shady spots. The Red Feather, Red Mountain or Carter areas might be interesting.
If today doesn't work, I'd like to arrange something sometime with some more NoCo folks. We’re all on big bikes.
Cheers!
Humpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
DigiSnap Mark
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Ft Collins, CO
Oddometer: 100
In a couple months, I'll have the KLX bumped up to 351, and will be looking to do some miles.
Keep asking!
DigiSnap Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpy View Post
I'm trying to lite a fire under a couple of my riding buddies. We were planning on getting out but were thinking more like 12:00. I'll bet Rist will be an ice rink in the shady spots. The Red Feather, Red Mountain or Carter areas might be interesting.
If today doesn't work, I'd like to arrange something sometime with some more NoCo folks. We’re all on big bikes.
Cheers!
New plan. 10:30 at Verns for food. It will be after 11 before we get out of there.
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
Humpy
love them giblets
 
Humpy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Fort Collins, America
Oddometer: 69
Looks like it's going to be more like 1:00 & we'll hit the Red Mountain open space area. I'm open for a ride tomorrow, also. My schedule will be wide open then.

Cheers
Humpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
Wudscrasher
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Wudscrasher's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 3,967
What a perfect day to be out riding! My new-to-me DR350, ran like a dream, and the roads were (mostly) perfect Rist canyon - no ice at all, Stove Prairie - same, Manhatten - slow on only a few corners, Prairie Divide Rd. - that's where it got fun! A multitude of snow-drifts, but with tracks where vehicles went through, so at least Jeff & I didn't have to punch through them, just take it slow and crawl along. His 990 without knobbies had a few issues, but no big deal, really. The last mile or 2 before Cherokee Park Rd. was a skating rink ( I once slid sideways for 30' before dropping the bike ), but after that, smooth sailing down Cherokee. Conditions were perfect, hope some of y'all made it out there today!!!
__________________
"An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."
-- Gilbert K. Chesterton
'00 KXDX 220
'94 DR 350SER
Wudscrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #12
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudscrasher View Post
What a perfect day to be out riding! My new-to-me DR350, ran like a dream, and the roads were (mostly) perfect Rist canyon - no ice at all, Stove Prairie - same, Manhatten - slow on only a few corners, Prairie Divide Rd. - that's where it got fun! A multitude of snow-drifts, but with tracks where vehicles went through, so at least Jeff & I didn't have to punch through them, just take it slow and crawl along. His 990 without knobbies had a few issues, but no big deal, really. The last mile or 2 before Cherokee Park Rd. was a skating rink ( I once slid sideways for 30' before dropping the bike ), but after that, smooth sailing down Cherokee. Conditions were perfect, hope some of y'all made it out there today!!!
Issues. No issues. Only opportunities.

Opportunities to build my leg and lower back muscles. Opportunities to walk the bike a couple hundred yards down the worst section. Opportunities to try out my ABS disable switch.

It's the middle of January, we're at 8000', we are faced with 5 miles of unmaintained road, and I'm riding a 500# bike. What could go wrong?







CJ, thanks for the lift on the 2nd drop and helping steer the back end of the bike when I had to walk it.

Geek, thanks for the nerf bars. They worked great.
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
Wudscrasher
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Wudscrasher's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 3,967
__________________
"An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."
-- Gilbert K. Chesterton
'00 KXDX 220
'94 DR 350SER
Wudscrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #14
Humpy
love them giblets
 
Humpy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Fort Collins, America
Oddometer: 69
Any interest in getting out on the 27th? Weather is looking good.

Sunday
Jan 27

Partly Cloudy
Hi:58°Lo:25°
Humpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #15
mpatch
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: N Colorado
Oddometer: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpy View Post
Any interest in getting out on the 27th? Weather is looking good.

Sunday
Jan 27

Partly Cloudy
Hi:58°Lo:25°

I'm game for both days this weekend, planning on leaving FC around 11 today, as for tomorrow was thinking of heading east to Pawnee
mpatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014