Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,578
What would you do? Mods to a 990.

The time has come for me to do my first valve check on my 2011 990. I have seen tons of info out there about mods to the bike and I am intent upon making several of them. I would like to share the items I want to change and ask for opinions about what may or may not be necessary and find out if there are other things to do while the bike is torn down.

Here is the list of repairs or changes:
1.Air cleaner-change to CJ’s Rottweiler filter.
2.Remove SAS. Buy CJ’s blanking plates.
3.Repair oil leak. I think it’s the same oil leak as here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855017
4.Replace “closed” throttle cable; there is some fraying of the cable near the throttle body.
5.Install threaded posts at the crash bar connection just above the battery box. I have beat the crap out of my skid plate; the connectors don’t quite line up just right and it’s a real PITA to get all the bolts in; I may have boogered up the threads a bit at the left side of this connection.
6.Install CJ’s radiator temp sensor.
7.Install CJ’s fuel filter rehab kit.

Here are some questions:
1. If I change the air cleaner, do I need to do any remapping? If so, I’ll need a TuneECU program and a cable; anything else? I don’t know a thing about mapping, although I see there is a lot of info.
2.I am thinking about going 2 to 1. If I do, any suggestions for a muffler? My buddy has a Wings and it sounds awesome. Does changing this part add performance? Definite remap with this change, right?
3.If I do a 2 to 1, I am thinking of adding some fuel capacity; does Neduro still make his fuel cell?
4.The shop repaired the water pump leak under warranty. Should I replace the pump/seals etc.?
5.Any other repair/replace suggestions?
Supahflid is online now   Reply With Quote