ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #3466
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,438
Sure is quiet around here.....

So. It's getting to be that time of year, ya know.....

Time for STEAK!!!!!

ANNUAL WINTER STEAK MEAT MEET

No idea when I will be able to go though. That's why I have not brought it up. Baby will be born on Feb 5th (or before). We might be able to get out later in Feb....or March sometime. What's the consensus??

Venue: The Lodge at Wilderness Ridge

Time: TBD

Attendees: ALL ARE INVITED!!!! EVEN THE NEW GUY!!!!

GUESTS OF HONOR: Zoid and his SCOOTER MOMMA!
(maybe I should talk to them first....nah )

This is all dependent upon what my lovely wife has to say about it. The good thing is, she is dying for a stiff drink after a rough pregnancy.

Please discuss freely, and let me know what you all think!

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #3467
GSbiker
new and un-improved

Oddometer: 11,566
in x2

GSbiker screwed with this post 01-17-2013 at 07:34 PM
GSbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #3468
flyrodder
Donny, please.

Oddometer: 2,933
In x2.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:00 AM   #3469
Yossarian™ OP
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,385
In x1 or x2, depending upon the date and if the Mrs. is out of town on business.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #3470
Nyfty
2 Days To Any Coast

Oddometer: 173
In x2
Nyfty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #3471
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post

GUESTS OF HONOR: Zoid and his SCOOTER MOMMA!
(maybe I should talk to them first....nah )
That is the first time that I have ever seen my name and the word honor used in the same sentence. IN!
zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #3472
Beavers
n00b

Oddometer: 6
The Mrs. And I are in!
Beavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #3473
Bshelton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Hey guys, semi lurker here. Has anyone made a ride from Omaha to Colorado(ish). I'm looking to take a weeklong ride next summer when my brother gets back from the sandbox. He just bought a Harley so we figured we would go on a nice ride. Any good routes/suggestions would be much appreciated. We will be mostly camping and maybe stay in a hotel one night in Denver. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #3474
Yossarian™ OP
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,385
Rode to CO last summer for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. However, didn't go directly to C. Springs, but took 34 west to Loveland and then went through Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park.

Have ridden to and through CO many times, as I'm sure many others here have. They'll share some good routes also.

Stay off of I80, you'll spend more time on the road but enjoy it much more.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #3475
zontar
lawnhater

Oddometer: 281
+1 on 34 to Loveland area. decent road, not incredibly scenic, but sane traffic. pretty speedy, really....

Listen: We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.
----Kurt Vonnegut "Timequake"
zontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #3476
tbirdsp
REMF

Oddometer: 8,674
Yeah, anything is better than 80. US 34 is good. I actually took NE Hwy 23 on the way back from CO last summer. Hits 34 at Holdredge and kinda parallels 80 west of there. Nothing twisty or anything, but interesting farm country and almost no traffic. I was moving right along
http://www.reddeliciousband.com
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #3477
zontar
lawnhater

short notice, but if anyone wants to be my trials "guest" saturday I'll be at the Rock Riders Quarry from mid-morning to about 4pm. I can meet you at the gate and I'll have my Beta and a TTR125 playbike you're welcome to crash. I can only host one rider at a time, but if you don't have cable and need to get out of the house bug me on my cel 4024059723. again, it's really short notice, but I'll be there making an ass of myself anyway. Tim

Listen: We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #3478
zontar
lawnhater

full face vs open face

while open face helmets help promote a healthy, mocking smile, full face helps conceal frowns and muffle swearing. In trials, there are distinct advantages to both.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #3479
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by zontar View Post
while open face helmets help promote a healthy, mocking smile, full face helps conceal frowns and muffle swearing. In trials, there are distinct advantages to both.

Colorado / Hotel
After my last trip to Colorado, and what happened to flyrodder and I, I wouldn't stay in a hotel in the city. Small town hotel, sure. Motorcycles are just too easy to rip off, even if on a trailer hooked to an F250

Route
I would just pic the small roads through rural Nebraska in the general way you want to go. Eat at small town cafe's and camp at lakes or state parks. I would also stay North of Denver, unless you are heading well into the mountains. Ft. Collins is a fun town! Lots of good beer there, and the tour at New Belgium is good (schedule ahead of time online). The tap room at Odell Brewery is great! You will want to either walk, or take a cab if you go to either though

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #3480
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post

Colorado / Hotel
After my last trip to Colorado, and what happened to flyrodder and I, I wouldn't stay in a hotel in the city. Small town hotel, sure. Motorcycles are just too easy to rip off, even if on a trailer hooked to an F250

Route
I would just pic the small roads through rural Nebraska in the general way you want to go. Eat at small town cafe's and camp at lakes or state parks. I would also stay North of Denver, unless you are heading well into the mountains. Ft. Collins is a fun town! Lots of good beer there, and the tour at New Belgium is good (schedule ahead of time online). The tap room at Odell Brewery is great! You will want to either walk, or take a cab if you go to either though

Happy birthday,ya old fart!!! I'll raise a glass to your health tonight.
zoid is offline   Reply With Quote