Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #2791
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by murder face View Post
Thanks for posting up the great photos and writeups. I just found this thread a week ago and have been reading your thread a few pages at a time. I will definitely try taking some pictures like yours while out on some rides this year.

Anyway I just had a question about the deal with the police stopping the motorcyclists for small plates. What is going on here? are the guys trimming off letters from their license plates and making them smaller? or do you make your own license plates with your registered numbers and some people make them smaller than others. Sorry for my ignorance, it just caught me off guard as here we have two sizes, large and motorcycle.

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of your rides.
The deal with the police? In france, not deal, you pay the ticket!!!!

After for smaller plate, you can buy it on the web...
Old 01-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #2792
murder face
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Thanks for answering my question. I was wondering what was going on. I wondered how can the police stop you if you have license plates on the motorcyles issued by the government. I guess if guys are buying ones off the internet then they are asking for a meet with the police.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #2793
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by murder face View Post
Thanks for posting up the great photos and writeups. I just found this thread a week ago and have been reading your thread a few pages at a time. I will definitely try taking some pictures like yours while out on some rides this year.

Anyway I just had a question about the deal with the police stopping the motorcyclists for small plates. What is going on here? are the guys trimming off letters from their license plates and making them smaller? or do you make your own license plates with your registered numbers and some people make them smaller than others. Sorry for my ignorance, it just caught me off guard as here we have two sizes, large and motorcycle.

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of your rides.

Thanks for that ..Glad you are enjoying the thread. ....it will be a little quiet now 'till spring...so you have plenty of time to 'catch up'

As for the small number plates. Most bikes have the regulation size plates ..as otherwise you will get 'pulled' by the police and given a 30 fine every time you get stopped. If you don't do a lot of miles each year you might consider having a small plate and risking the odd fine ..but if you ride regularly it isn't worth the hassle / cost.
Anyone can get a small plate made up at a number plate makers (or on-line) these are sold as 'show plates' and are sold to you as 'not suitable for road use'.

The standard regulation legal plates must use a precise size and style of font and the spaces between the letters must be a certain size. I have seen police measuring this with rulers and 'templates' on bikes they have stopped on some occasions!

Info on the UK plate regulation sizes here :-

http://www.newreg.co.uk/services/dvl...ic_plate_rules
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #2794
CuberBob
Starter

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks for that ..Glad you are enjoying the thread. ....it will be a little quiet now 'till spring...so you have plenty of time to 'catch up'

As for the small number plates. Most bikes have the regulation size plates ..as otherwise you will get 'pulled' by the police and given a 30 fine every time you get stopped. If you don't do a lot of miles each year you might consider having a small plate and risking the odd fine ..but if you ride regularly it isn't worth the hassle / cost.
Anyone can get a small plate made up at a number plate makers (or on-line) these are sold as 'show plates' and are sold to you as 'not suitable for road use'.

The standard regulation legal plates must use a precise size and style of font and the spaces between the letters must be a certain size. I have seen police measuring this with rulers and 'templates' on bikes they have stopped on some occasions!

Info on the UK plate regulation sizes here :-

http://www.newreg.co.uk/services/dvl...ic_plate_rules
What I learned is that in the UK, ulike the states, the plates can be made by any authorized dealer. (And the dealer often has a small "advert" on the bottom of the plates.

Kam, here in the "Free States" the government issues the plates. Even if you want personalized plates, they make them. That's where the confusion creapt in for me. Didn't understand how folks could have a dealer's name ont he plate, but it still be legal (here those are temporary tags until you get your official state plate)
Perhaps that helps explain more?

2006 Concours

RIP -80 KZ750, 09 Ninja EX500
CuberBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #2795
bubu
Studly Adventurer

more pictures from my last endurance Race

agressive breaking

enter fast, out faster

Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #2796
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,579
So hows the weather in Scotland right now....43c here in Adelaide South Australia today.

Cheers Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #2797
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
So hows the weather in Scotland right now....43c here in Adelaide South Australia today.

Cheers Terry

On behalf of Kam and the rest of us that live in colder climes . . .TERRY YOU SUCK!

It is going to be -22C here this weekend. Oh Joy.
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #2798
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
On behalf of Kam and the rest of us that live in colder climes . . .TERRY YOU SUCK!

It is going to be -22C here this weekend. Oh Joy.
-22c that's bloody cold, Australia is pretty hot ATM...45.8c in Sydney today

Cheers Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #2799
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
-10C here.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #2800
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Snow and -3C in Normandy ( France )
Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #2801
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,418
-3C and sunny in southern Pennsylvania today. Nice riding weather.

Shame I am stuck at work.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #2802
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,771
1C here in Glasgow this evening...but no snow. Most of the rest of Britain is under snow today.

Thank God we don't get extremes like 43C or -22C here !
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 AM   #2803
bubu
Studly Adventurer

here 4cm of snow, and people don't know how to drive with snow!!! stupid bastards!!!! I am quicker than them with a BMW 530D Mtech a big tires...

Old 01-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #2804
5cotty
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Talking about snow,I went out for a bit fun on my winter bike yesterday,I'll have to get a set off knoblies for it.I got hit with a blizzard on the ride home great fun. getting some strange looks from some car drivers,l was like a snowman by the time l got home.

5cotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #2805
Guccikins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cotty View Post
Talking about snow,I went out for a bit fun on my winter bike yesterday,I'll have to get a set off knoblies for it.I got hit with a blizzard on the ride home great fun. getting some strange looks from some car drivers,l was like a snowman by the time l got home.

Hah, awesome. Surprised it goes anywhere without knobblies on, must be pretty sketchy. Looks a blast either way, though I can't wait for spring. Getting cabin fever now lol
Guccikins is offline   Reply With Quote