ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 140 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 AM   #6646
TravellingStrom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
My shortcuts that I added are also intermittent. Two like yours, Track up and Automotive mode works on occasion but not always

Nothing comes to mind as to why it works on occasion but not others very annoying
Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #6647
ChadHahn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riteris View Post
Several months ago, I was looking for a bluetooth device like the previously mentioned one for several different applications. It seems to me there was nothing out there that worked consistantly (if it worked at all... is pairing all that difficult?)

I gave up.

Has bluetooth technology and product range improved lately or do I just need to take a chance and hope for the best?
It was easy to pair the transmitter and helmet. I put them both in pairing mode and the pushed the button on my helmet to sync them. That was it.

Chad
ChadHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #6648
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadHahn View Post
It was easy to pair the transmitter and helmet. I put them both in pairing mode and the pushed the button on my helmet to sync them. That was it.

Chad
That works for me. I will give it a try.

Thank you.

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #6649
ChadHahn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riteris View Post
That works for me. I will give it a try.

Thank you.
I hope it works for you.

Chad
ChadHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #6650
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,698
I put together a quick route on map source Friday, and took the bike out on Saturday. Couple of questions;

The Montana shut off a couple of times. I would hit the power button and it jumped right back in place, no problem.
Is this the loose battery issue? It happened twice. One when I was on the smooth blacktop. If its the loose battery, does the foam plug go above or below the battery? Or, is this possibly just a loose connection in the mount?

Second, it shows me on the screen how many miles to destination, but does not give me a ETA, or distance to next turn, can I add those fields to the map/route screen? I know these are probably answered elsewhere, put I'm not all that proficient at searching out answers. Or, I'm just a lazy bas&@rd..
Thanks
Jeff
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #6651
Bonerov
Damned dirty ape

Oddometer: 377
You can add whatever fields you want to your dashboard. The Wiki has the best instructions for doing so, and is well worth the read. Not sure about the ear plug, as I've never had my Montana shut off, but I would assume it goes between the battery and the battery cover.
Bonerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #6652
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerov View Post
You can add whatever fields you want to your dashboard. The Wiki has the best instructions for doing so, and is well worth the read. Not sure about the ear plug, as I've never had my Montana shut off, but I would assume it goes between the battery and the battery cover.
Good to hear. I'll check it out. I was playing with the Montana yesterday and noticed 6 blank boxes to add fields. I just couldn't get past that to add anything.
Thx
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #6653
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
Good to hear. I'll check it out. I was playing with the Montana yesterday and noticed 6 blank boxes to add fields. I just couldn't get past that to add anything.
Thx
Here's where I place my earplug:

Hasn't shut off once since I placed it there.

Also, WRT the Data Fields - if you can't just click the field to add a value or change the existing one, hit the Menu button, and unlock the Data Fields. It's a good idea to lock them once you have the screen set up as you want it. Also, you can add many more screens in the Trip Computer menu. Just page down as often as necessary to do so.

Emmbeedee screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 09:28 AM
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #6654
Rocky TFS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Also, you can add many more screens in the Trip Computer menu. Just page down as often as necessary to do so.
MBD, you are a wonder! Now I've had this thing nearly a year and I still didn't know that!

Actually, on mine I need to hit the Insert button to get the next empty page, then tap an empty field and put whatever you like in there.
Rocky TFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #6655
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky TFS View Post
MBD, you are a wonder! Now I've had this thing nearly a year and I still didn't know that!

Actually, on mine I need to hit the Insert button to get the next empty page, then tap an empty field and put whatever you like in there.
I guess I must have hit the insert button to get those extra screens so long ago I forgot how they ended up there.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #6656
Rocky TFS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
The Montana shut off a couple of times. I would hit the power button and it jumped right back in place, no problem.
Is this the loose battery issue? It happened twice. One when I was on the smooth blacktop. If its the loose battery, does the foam plug go above or below the battery? Or, is this possibly just a loose connection in the mount?
Could be either one. Definitely put an earplug in there as Emmbeedee showed, in fact put in two for good measure! You didn't say whether you have power direct from the battery or switched. I prefer direct, since it eliminates several potential problems and I don't seem to have any problem remembering to remove it from the mount when I get home or into camp. I generally don't leave it in the mount even for lunch stops unless far from civilization.

The unit is incredibly sensitive to current variations or micro-second interruptions, so checking every connection and making them as secure as possible is a very good idea.
Rocky TFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #6657
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky TFS View Post
Could be either one. Definitely put an earplug in there as Emmbeedee showed, in fact put in two for good measure! You didn't say whether you have power direct from the battery or switched. I prefer direct, since it eliminates several potential problems and I don't seem to have any problem remembering to remove it from the mount when I get home or into camp. I generally don't leave it in the mount even for lunch stops unless far from civilization.

The unit is incredibly sensitive to current variations or micro-second interruptions, so checking every connection and making them as secure as possible is a very good idea.
I'm hoping the earplug under the battery cover will do the trick.
I have the rugged mount, so I'm direct wired. I elect to keep power on every time I remove it from the holder, then do a manual shut down. No other problems.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #6658
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Also, WRT the Data Fields - if you can't just click the field to add a value or change the existing one, hit the Menu button, and unlock the Data Fields. It's a good idea to lock them once you have the screen set up as you want it. Also, you can add many more screens in the Trip Computer menu. Just page down as often as necessary to do so.
Ok, all I have to do now is figure out where the data fields are, and unlock them.
I'm really so inept at this. It's hard to look at my complete ignorance on display. If I had asked such a noob question in many forums, I'd be well done from the flames.
Thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #6659
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Ok, all I have to do now is figure out where the data fields are, and unlock them.
I'm really so inept at this. It's hard to look at my complete ignorance on display. If I had asked such a noob question in many forums, I'd be well done from the flames.
Thanks
I hope you realize we are talking about the Trip Computer data fields. You can add data fields to the map screen too as long as you choose the right Dashboard.

Sent using strings and tin cans and Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #6660
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I hope you realize we are talking about the Trip Computer data fields. You can add data fields to the map screen too as long as you choose the right Dashboard.

Sent using strings and tin cans and Tapatalk
I was able to change both!! It helps to unlock the data fields. I went with speed, heading, distance to next, and ETA at Dest on my map. I also added six data fields to the trip computer. Then locked the data fields. Really very simple. Lots of choices. Now I've got to figure out how to set up different profiles and short cuts. Oh boy...
Thanks.